Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me Urban, what do I do with this ingredient?

Lidl are good for that sort of thing too, they had a whole load of small kitchen gadgets when I went in there earlier today - jar openers for vacuum sealed jars that are being difficult, ring pull assist gadgets (really wish I'd bought both of those tbh, arthritis in my hands means I sometimes struggle with those) and one of the items they had was some sort of push down grinder thing - I should have looked more closely, it might have been useful for doing small quantities of whole spices! I was rushing a bit though.
Yeah Lidl are great for gadgets. This is the the thing I use for seeds. I imagine it would be fine for spices too. B7497469-4DEA-460E-BD2E-972117032415.jpeg

Not being sarky but how do sea birds cope with the salt?

Not all birds are the same, sea birds and birds that live on salt flats have different metabolism, dietary needs, and organs to deal with the salt that they get in their diet. Garden birds in Europe or birds that live in the Amazon or on the plains of Africa cannot.

It's like - cats and cows are both mammals, but each could not survive on the diet of the other - birds are equally diverse and are not all one species with the same requirements.

Thanks all for the suggestions - a lot of good ones.

Sadly no bread maker at chez Elpenor and I’m meant to be avoiding carbs so the rice option isn’t ideal. Far too cold for salads in October!

I like the idea of fruit salads / yoghurt topping though, that’s the winner so far. Topping cereal would be ideal but again that’s the dastardly carbs.
Do people stop eating salads in the autumn?

Back
Top Bottom