Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me fill my Wire void!

anyone who hasn't seen True Blood yet needs to watch it.

True.

So fucking awesome. Worth watching for the opening credits alone. And the sex. All the hot, steamy, southern-drawl sex. :oops:

If you have the option, watch it in HD. I got season 1 on blu-ray from Mr Lovefilm and it was fabulous. (S2 coming to blu-ray in May *meep*)

Opening credits:
Gosh. I could watch that and listen to that all day long.

SoA is well good, the politics of biker-gun runners and the whole question of ethos and power struggles etc within an outlaw society is epic. Skinner from X files plays a prominent member of a rival Nazi organisation.

there is lots of mini-arcs and one massive one about Jax and whats his name. Big jaw man, who is head of SAMCRO

Clay has definately got something of Lionel Ritchie about him in the jaw dept, and Jax looks like Kurt Cobain but somehow they pull it off...

Looks and acts like a biker version of Kurt, deffo

I can't believe Jax hasn't worked out that Clay offed his dad yet. It's so obvious

Carnivale is a great show.
Only two series of it but massive production values.

Have you seen Mad Men yet?

No, not seen it yet. Its on my list though because Charlie Brooker keeps going on about it. He is the reason i kept trying the wire even though it took me a while to get into it. Worth a watch I take it?

punchdrunkme said:
No, not seen it yet. Its on my list though because Charlie Brooker keeps going on about it. He is the reason i kept trying the wire even though it took me a while to get into it. Worth a watch I take it?

I really like Mad Men. Only done series one so far but got really into it. All very cool and low on morals with chain smoking aplenty.

As already mentioned, Dexter is brilliant. Series 4 is the best, IMO. Not sure whether new series will keep coming, as I heard that Dexter is rather ill.

SONS OF ANARCHY - i normally hate US programmes but this is excellent - good story on each episode , on Five USA a couple of times a week

Magnificent show. Made by the people behind The Shield & includes a minor crossover - gang called the One-Niners appear in both shows.

Clay has definately got something of Lionel Ritchie about him in the jaw dept, and Jax looks like Kurt Cobain but somehow they pull it off...

Clay looks like Tom Waits to me

ron_perlman.jpg

up-tomwaits.jpg

Breaking Bad, undoubtedly, it's simply stunning; confident, acomplished, brilliant television.

It actually hurts to have to wait a week for it to air!

Mad Men also, same network, same caliber, yet less addictive (to me). More of a slow burner but equally great.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Have got a lot of that on order or downloading. Only oz has finished so far. Which is a lot better and in some ways worse than I remembered it. :)

Also true blood properly awesome! :D

Loved breaking bad and dexter too. Really looking forward to getting stuck into them all. Thanks again everyone. :)

You might want to try sitting on your hand till it goes numb and then watching The Wire again?

Sorry for the thread bump but have a need to do a series later.
Tempted to pick up Oz or Homicide?

Homicide is very good. It takes a little while to get going, Series 2 and 3 are the best (in my memory).

Back
Top Bottom