Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

HELP...HIVE MIND....

kalidarkone

Bringing YOU round.....
I'm on my way to Cornwall along the M5.

A land rover beeped me and signalled that there was an issue with my driver side back wheel. He seemed to indicate it was about to fall off.....🥺

I'm at Exeter services. I can't see anything wrong but I am really freaked out and now really late for the wedding reception I was going to.

I have cover through my bank.
Should I get break down out to check it.
Whether I continue or I go back to Bristol....I feel stuck.

Any advice or thoughts...?
I will ring breakdown anyway....and talk to them.

• Wow
Reactions: Ax^
How did it feel to drive? Are you able to jack it up and check the offending wheel?

Reactions: Ax^
Take pictures, ring breakdown.

It's a Friday on the M5 on the summer. If something bad happens while you're driving you could/will be waiting for hours on the hard shoulder.

Better to wait in an air conditioned service station with toilets.

are you close to the wedding reception might have a mechanical minded person at the wedding :)

Given the witness had chosen to be driving a Landrover they may not be in possession of the highest levels of automotive mechanical expertise... They my have been winding you up also or indicating something completely different.

Did you feel or hear anything strange or untoward?

Can you check the wheel nut tightness? If that's ok try holding the wheel at 3 and 9 o'lock and see if you can move it back and forth (in and out, 90 degrees to the direction of rotation) as, if you can that may indicate a bearing problem. If all good can you find a less busy part of the car park and drive slowly and feel if anything is untoward, if you have a passenger ask them to look as you drive slowly and see if anything is wobbling or otherwise looking weird. If that's Ok try it a bit faster. If that's OK either resume your journey or, if you can get off the motorway at those services try incresing the speed gradually on another road.

You could also try finding someone driving a classic car in the car park, chances are they will know a bit about cars and will also be more than happy to show this off by helping you check...

Last edited:
Too far to try to drive if there is a problem.

That sounds like your best bet.

I hope there is nothing wrong and you can get on your journey again.

Can you phone the campsite and advise them that you are delayed?
They may not be here till 10.30.
I'll be returning to Bristol.
I'm exhausted from the working week and I can face trying to pitch my awning in the dark and getting there when the party is over.

They may not be here till 10.30.
I'll be returning to Bristol.
I'm exhausted from the working week and I can face trying to pitch my awning in the dark and getting there when the party is over.
Sorry to read this, hope you get to wherever you end up safe and at least get some decent rest x

It wasn't in Cornwall it was/ it is Devon.
A round and round motion then hand motion down...obviously this is my interpretation.
I'm so cunted off 😩
I'm in Cornwall, we know where the tamar is! There be dragons.

I just wondered lol, couldn't imagine it. I'd have thought it was some sarcastic twat or simply ignored them. Then again some arse threw a full mcdonalds milkshake at me halfway round a roundabout when I was on a 50cc motorbike so they could have been the same person mocking me...

While SO is doubtful our car will make it on any trip over 100 miles and then that's sketchy. Even tho it was previously owned by a mechanic for a decade.

If it was me (on a motorbike) I think I would have stopped to check it over and if I couldn't spot anything and the handling felt ok I'd have ignored it.

Initially they said 45 minutes but I guess and rightly so I'm not a priority as I'm in a safe place and the problem is ambiguous. .
Yes you are probably right. A lone woman at the side of the road is usually a priority (for the AA certainly but as you say you are in a safe place.

Back
Top Bottom