Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hammersmith Bridge closed to motor vehicles "indefinitely"

Disagree. Look at how miserable and depressing Wandsworth Bridge is, especially when compared to Hammersmith, Albert or Tower.
No idea what that bridge looks like - but either way it's just a bridge across a manky river so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

When the tide tunnel opens Londoners will regularly drink the fine Thames water. I might bottle it and sell it to people in the US.

Last edited:
The river always looks filthy every time I've seen it - looks like an open sewer.

Its a working river with a huge tidal range, its a living breathing monster not an Alpine stream. Compared to other urban rivers around the world its an oasis for wildlife. Everything from seahorses to apex predators such as Seals are now regulars. Rowers and paddle boarders encounter seals on a virtually daily basis.

When you compare it to other 'great' European rivers its mile better. The Danube for vast swathes is virtually ecologically dead, you're lucky to see a duck. And TopCat says once the super sewer is open its going to be even better.

I reckon it yields a far larger amount of Roman & Middle Age than most of the other European rivers as well :)

Hideous side panel colours. Anything else would be an improvement.
Paint it in a combination of lurid orange, yellow, pink and green - would cheer the area up no end. I've just did a rough experiment with Paint, and it looks great in brighter colours.

What they'll need to do is construct a pier on either side like at Putney Bridge for the RB6 clippers. That extends far enough out to manage low tide.

In fact, why not just kill two birds and make it a permanent fixture and have the RB6 go to Hammersmith?

And have it run at weekends :mad:

What they'll need to do is construct a pier on either side like at Putney Bridge for the RB6 clippers. That extends far enough out to manage low tide.

In fact, why not just kill two birds and make it a permanent fixture and have the RB6 go to Hammersmith?

And have it run at weekends :mad:

Just make each pier go half way and do away with the ferry...

image3-jpg.232674

Size of that thing would probably span the width of the river. Maybe that's what they should do, just get a bloody big boat and park it up sideways with some ramps on either end. Job done.

Back
Top Bottom