Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Had my first crash - how do I minimise the cost?

Hmmm. When you say send the invoice, what do you mean? Was this a straight forward retail rental where you paid by card or was it rented through a company that has an account with Enterprise?

If they have not checked the vehicle in they are on very dodgy ground to say the least. Who's to say that the damage hasn't occurred some time after you left the place?
It's a normal rental, and I paid by card, but I guess they never know what to charge you, because the fuel might be empty, or there might be damage, so they usually send the invoice after the rental ends and you've returned the car. I think this is normal?

I did wonder about the fact they didn't inspect it there and then. Not great for them...

It's a normal rental, and I paid by card, but I guess they never know what to charge you, because the fuel might be empty, or there might be damage, so they usually send the invoice after the rental ends and you've returned the car. I think this is normal?

I did wonder about the fact they didn't inspect it there and then. Not great for them...

Well I think they're snookered really. If they don't inspect the car on return (including fuel) then they are in no position to charge you for anything. If they do come back to you just say as far as you're aware it was fine when it was returned. Unless they have CCTV and are prepared to go trawling through it (unlikely for a dent in a van which is very common) I'd say you're probably home and dry.

Well I think they're snookered really. If they don't inspect the car on return (including fuel) then they are in no position to charge you for anything. If they do come back to you just say as far as you're aware it was fine when it was returned. Unless they have CCTV and are prepared to go trawling through it (unlikely for a dent in a van which is very common) I'd say you're probably home and dry.
I'm trying not to get too hopeful, but this is good to hear.

I thought if I'd heard nothing in a week, then I can relax...

You've got away with it, there is no way they can prove that the damage happened with you, you haven't signed anything saying it was when you dropped it off, they won't chase you.

If they do they will have to prove that the damage happened with you, not going to be easy for them.

You've got away with it, there is no way they can prove that the damage happened with you, you haven't signed anything saying it was when you dropped it off, they won't chase you.

If they do they will have to prove that the damage happened with you, not going to be easy for them.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom