Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

In pub news , I heard today that The Clapton Hart has been sold , Antic, who are having financial issues, have sold it to another pub company. It used to own part of the Billet , and owns about 40 odd pubs. My source used to work for them , seems to think they are good guys.

New charges have been brought linked to the fatal shooting of Lianne Gordon.

On 27 February 2024, Elijah Sereki, 20, of Worsley Grove, E5, was charged with possession of a bladed article in relation to an alleged incident in Vine Close on 1 October 2023.

Elijah Sereki was also charged with possession of a firearm with intent, possession of a bladed article and affray in relation to an alleged incident in Rendlesham Road on 2 December 2023.

A 16-year-old boy, who was previously charged with the murder of Lianne Gordon and the attempted murder of a 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy in Vine Close, has additionally been charged with the same offences as Elijah Sereki.

The two alleged incidents on 1 October 2023 and 2 December 2023, are being investigated by the detectives leading enquiries into the murder of Ms Gordon.

wire-81882861-1709227458-520_634x463.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

The 16-year-old boy will appear in custody before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on 5 March 2024 and Elijah Sereki will appear in custody before the Old Bailey on 8 March 2024.

Lianne Gordon was the unintended victim of a dispute between two gangs when she was was shot dead in front of her daughter as she sheltered behind the front door of her home in Vine Close on 5 December 2023, jurors at the Old Bailey were told earlier today:

Mum Lianne Gordon shot dead through door in Hackney

Sue

One hundred and thirty two MILLION pounds...

Absolute dogshit.

What a mess. And a ludicrously expensive mess at that. :mad:

I'd be interested in a breakdown of that figure.
How much was spent by the councils on the design and build of the actual thing (which I think is fine, although nothing special to look at and with a few issues that aren't enough to ruin it)
Vs how much was pissed up the wall by Cameron & Johnson on their ridiculous pie in the sky headline grabbing nonsense with superstar architects that was totally ignored by the actual project.

So...saw a bloke on a bike nicking an old man's phone , he then cycled towards me & I blocked him & he clattered into me & we both fell over , then loads of folk got involved, the wheel fell off the bike , he was trying to get the wheel back , a woman offered him the wheel for the phone. It was all getting out of control for him when more folk turned up , so he dropped the phone & scarpered. Just before it happened , me & mrs21 had seen him & a mate all masked up & hoodied up when the cycled past us on Ickburgh road, then it kicked off on Brooke Road. Old man & wife were taken to a nearby house by a lovely resident (he was bleeding) but came back & thanked me , police turned up quickly , took the bike. I'm a bit bruised on the elbow & knee , Mrs21 fell into a trench (is ok) . Old fellah had got a train from Bethnal Green but got the Enfield one rather than the Chingford , so got off at Rectory Road to walk to Clapton. All ended well , phone thief fucked up majorly.

So...saw a bloke on a bike nicking an old man's phone , he then cycled towards me & I blocked him & he clattered into me & we both fell over , then loads of folk got involved, the wheel fell off the bike , he was trying to get the wheel back , a woman offered him the wheel for the phone. It was all getting out of control for him when more folk turned up , so he dropped the phone & scarpered. Just before it happened , me & mrs21 had seen him & a mate all masked up & hoodied up when the cycled past us on Ickburgh road, then it kicked off on Brooke Road. Old man & wife were taken to a nearby house by a lovely resident (he was bleeding) but came back & thanked me , police turned up quickly , took the bike. I'm a bit bruised on the elbow & knee , Mrs21 fell into a trench (is ok) . Old fellah had got a train from Bethnal Green but got the Enfield one rather than the Chingford , so got off at Rectory Road to walk to Clapton. All ended well , phone thief fucked up majorly.

Well done mate! Very few people would dare to do that.

Ion , that fire by Clapton pond, arsonist got 6 years , I remember a lot of social media chat at the time blaming muslims , turned to be a antisemitic white guy.

I've spoken to a couple of people in Hackney (mate in the Billet , & co-worker). Both have seen these two phone robbers , on an estate off Ickburgh Rd , and one on Theydon Rd , near the Coop.

I think albionism was saying he had been to this one, but some of the rest of you must have too? (I never did - I think this was during my brief and disastrous suburban experiment :D)

Last edited:

I think albionism was saying he had been to this one, but some of the rest of you must have too? (I never did - I think this was during my brief and disastrous suburban experiment :D)
I have heard, from someone who used to squat in Martello Street, that the mural painted on the side of the building next to Wetherspoons is still there, although you can't actually see it now of course :D

Yes, I remember it well, had many insane nights in there.

Back
Top Bottom