Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go on... rape her... she won't report it... [UniLad magazine article]

I think we're disagreeing over semantics only. I think the lies we tell ourselves can be very convincing, until and unless we are prepared to do some soul-searching. But I'm happy to agree with your formulation.

As for what is a large proportion ... if we're looking at a new treatment which causes, say, alopecia in 10% of patients, we'd be horrified if it was for headache and fucking delighted if it was for cancer. The size of the risks is judged against the severity of the disease. That's not a lecture, it's just where I'm coming from.

She's not crying - there is a need to show that she is obviously (but quietly) distressed, but she's making no sound and the boy is not looking at her face.

I don't understand what you mean by this: and the guy doesn't need to be forcing her down on the bed. All it needs is for her to say no, frankly. If all that happens is her saying no and him not forcing her, how is the rape going to occur? Or are you saying that the reality of rape should not be portrayed at all, even if it is aimed at getting teenage boys to understand what rape actually is?

Your last paragraph illustrates exactly what I mean. A very large proportion of men do not know what rape is (as pointed out by Trashy earlier on the thread, backed up by personal experience and as recently demonstrated by Assange supporters, including a British MP and several fairly well respected commentators). How are they ever going to get it if all you show is a woman saying no and a man respecting that?

Your comment "If all that happens is her saying no and him not forcing her, how is the rape going to occur?" shows exactly why it's important to educate people on this.

Date rape, acquaintance rape, often happens without the force that stranger rape is associated with. It works on a psychological level, because the victim is too mortified by what's happening to do anything or struggle. Similar to the way that child sexual abuse often happens.

We need to educate simply that "No" means you stop what you're doing and back the fuck off. It does not mean keep going and assume that if she's not crying and struggling that you're not raping her.

I did not mean you show a girl saying no and then the guy stopping. You misunderstood my post. I meant do the video the same, except perhaps without him pushing her down so obviously or something. Maybe just show the woman crying and distressed after saying No a bunch of times or something.

OK, fair dos. A heavy petting scenario turning into rape might work better. To make it absolutely clear that no form of consent to sexual activity implies consent for different sexual activities, and to remove the need for more obvious force in the scenario.

This is part of an ongoing campaign. I haven't checked out the rest, but probably should before deciding whether the overall message is right. There are an awful lot of 'yes, that is rape' type scenarios to cover. It is fucking wonderful to see an anti-rape campaign that doesn't blame the victim though. It's a first for this country.

Who would wear a rape t-shirt?
Domestic violence t-shirt is fine of course :facepalm:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007DWDM4O/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?qid=1362209609&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

418zK7NKjWL._SL110_.jpg

Men did not design the tshirts. Read the report.

Computer generates them, idiots buy the offensive ones - the offensive ones then feature on Amazon.

My understanding of jimmying something is sliding a hacksaw blade between a car window and the door to pop the lock :hmm:

Yep, good point. But no one objectively sat down with a note pad and pen and did some brain storming.

Plug: www.sabcat.com for your offensive tshirt* needs, from the mouth of a genuine taxi driver:

grave330.png

*offensive to tories,

And people decide that 'Keep calm and hit him' won't sell but that 'keep calm and hit her' will.

It's a very weaselly get out
That's the way Amazon and things work, they put the most popular tshirts at the top as they're most likely to be sold. Google does the same with it's auto-correct and 'did you mean?'.

Back
Top Bottom