Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go on... rape her... she won't report it... [UniLad magazine article]

It is the case that there are certain things that could be and were published in the past, such as the SCUM Manifesto, that would probably not be allowed today.

Not sure what to do about that. In the end it's as much an aesthetic choice as much as anything - this thing here is so crass and moronic that it's hard to defend its being allowed.

Shippy - I would see the key difference as being that there is no widespread cultural belief that murder victims are in some way "asking for it", or that murder is in some way a joke or a bit of fun.

i can see why that makes it more uncomfortable from a social standpoint but not why it would be legally different. plus i'm not so sure about murder and "asking for it".

and in fact i'd really say it's the opposite in a way. it's because there is a wide use of murder in a comedic fashion that people can get away with that kind of joke.

there are loads of dark comedies about murder

i can see why that makes it more uncomfortable from a social standpoint but not why it would be legally different. plus i'm not so sure about murder and "asking for it".

and in fact i'd really say it's the opposite in a way. it's because there is a wide use of murder in a comedic fashion that people can get away with that kind of joke.

Murder isn't exactly a widespread problem with a really low conviction rate though is it?

Genuine question - what dark comedies about murder can you name? Because off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Genuine question - what dark comedies about murder can you name? Because off the top of my head I can't think of any.

In fairness Idris there are loads of comedy films (both dark and mainstream) that include a murder or two... the getting rid of the body caper etc... nobody makes comedy films about rape.

Unless these cunts at Unilad are on a Media and Film-making Course.

People do joke about that. I think if they started with wanting to rape them there'd be some comeback tho.

it's because murder isn't a taboo subject or imply violence and power in the same way as rape does.murder is just murder and you see it in loads of comedies, action films, etc.

and there used to be posters here who would post up detailed scenarios about killing paedos and got a load of shit for it, not because people didn't think paedos were scum but because they thought it was disturbing as fuck.

lots of people make jokes about killing tories, i've never seen anything about raping tories though. it's because it's different.

kind hearts and coronets is the top on my list
Psychoville?
In fairness Idris there are loads of comedy films (both dark and mainstream) that include a murder or two... the getting rid of the body caper etc... nobody makes comedy films about rape.

Unless these cunts at Unilad are on a Media and Film-making Course.

Yep, it's all coming back to me. Then you've got Man Bites Dog, which makes comedic usage of both serial killing and rape.

lots of people make jokes about killing tories, i've never seen anything about raping tories though. it's because it's different.

You don't see the problem that legislating about what people can joke about, distasteful as it may be, could lead to then?

Yep, it's all coming back to me. Then you've got Man Bites Dog, which makes comedic usage of both serial killing and rape.
The comedic usage is of the serial killing. The rape is what makes you question what you've been laughing at for the past hour. imo.

it's also because murder is so qidespread in the culture even with very genteel and gentle stuff like Midsomer Murders or Miss Marple.

You don't see the problem that legislating about what people can joke about, distasteful as it may be, could lead to then?

where have i said anything about legislating against anything? why do people always assume that if you don't like a thing you want to be the fucking thought police?

Back
Top Bottom