Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go on... rape her... she won't report it... [UniLad magazine article]

can't it be as simple as blags saying 'you think it is normal for men to use prostitutes, i disagree so, imo normal varies' and not think or insinuate or mention the other things some are bringing into it? :confused:
ffs

It was not the mention of prostitution, it was the way it was mentioned.

Context, innit. Blags is trying to make out that it was a perfectly reasonable point to make in the context it was made. I see nothing but a snidey comment aimed at an individual which added nothing to the thread.

If I missed the context and meaning of his original "my normality is normal, yours isn't" comment, he's welcome to explain the context and thought processes behind that post instead of slinging out more snidey self-justification.

Yes, im not disagreeing that what he said wasnt wrong. Look, theres a number of posters, past and present, who when they have beef with someone think its fine to jump on an entirely unrelated thread for a pop and usually drag some long forgotten personal relic out for public consumption. Its always happened on here. Thats why im saying it isnt misogyny. Because the protagonists dont tend to care about the gender of who they do it to. Its just that you and stella have happened to notice it on this occasion because it is a sensitive issue and was aimed at a woman.

At Ymu:

Blagsta doesn't judge Edie and made the comment because he assumed that she knew that. I live with him so I should know. He can fight his own battles but you're pissing me off you're so wrong.

At Ymu:

Blagsta doesn't judge Edie and made the comment because he assumed that she knew that. I live with him so I should know. He can fight his own battles but you're pissing me off you're so wrong.

So fuck off out of it.

Blagsta could have said, "You think Leeds is a nice place to live...", but no, he chose to sling prostitution out there in order to put Eds down, using her history to invalidate anything she has to say. Those who took the glib cunt up on his nasty little ways weren't doing it to defend Edie, we all know she can handle herself, more having the tossrag up on the general cuntishness of his debating style and the irony of using it in this particular thread.

So fuck off out of it.

Blagsta could have said, "You think Leeds is a nice place to live...", but no, he chose to sling prostitution out there in order to put Eds down, using her history to invalidate anything she has to say. Those who took the glib cunt up on his nasty little ways weren't doing it to defend Edie, we all know she can handle herself, more having the tossrag up on the general cuntishness of his debating style and the irony of using it in this particular thread.

look another one who thinks that the poor little victim needs a hero. Fuck off.

look another one who thinks that the poor little victim needs a hero. Fuck off.

Try reading what's in the post, not what you're sordid little mind wishes there to be in the post thicko.

Those who took the glib cunt up on his nasty little ways weren't doing it to defend Edie, we all know she can handle herself, more having the tossrag up on the general cuntishness of his debating style and the irony of using it in this particular thread.

And you. This isnt beef as you can clearly see.
well spotted

John-with-manure.jpg

Yes, im not disagreeing that what he said wasnt wrong. Look, theres a number of posters, past and present, who when they have beef with someone think its fine to jump on an entirely unrelated thread for a pop and usually drag some long forgotten personal relic out for public consumption. Its always happened on here. Thats why im saying it isnt misogyny. Because the protagonists dont tend to care about the gender of who they do it to. Its just that you and stella have happened to notice it on this occasion because it is a sensitive issue and was aimed at a woman.
I don't think it's misogyny, I think it's Blagsta. Doesn't mean it's not out of order, nor that it isn't a particularly distasteful approach to take on this thread.

And you. This isnt beef as you can clearly see.
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of each case, it *is* beef because it concerns historic conversations, observations and interpretations.

Basically, it would be impossible to understand who is right and who is wrong without a long understanding of the patricipants.

It was not the mention of prostitution, it was the way it was mentioned.

Context, innit. Blags is trying to make out that it was a perfectly reasonable point to make in the context it was made. I see nothing but a snidey comment aimed at an individual which added nothing to the thread.

If I missed the context and meaning of his original "my normality is normal, yours isn't" comment, he's welcome to explain the context and thought processes behind that post instead of slinging out more snidey self-justification.

I am fairly sure that context in this case, though, is that blagsta was referring back to the last thread around prostitution (one where you were, iirc, away from the boards and didn't post) rather than to other threads that have gone before where Edie has talked about her experiences when working. That last thread did very much deal with the "normality" of prostitution and whether it was normal/acceptable/ok for blokes to use prostitutes.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of each case, it *is* beef because it concerns historic conversations, observations and interpretations.

Basically, it would be impossible to understand who is right and who is wrong without a long understanding of the patricipants.

It's easy as long as you agree that I'm right, every other fucker is wrong. What could be easier?

I am fairly sure that context in this case, though, is that blagsta was referring back to the last thread around prostitution (one where you were, iirc, away from the boards and didn't post) rather than to other threads that have gone before where Edie has talked about her experiences when working. That last thread did very much deal with the "normality" of prostitution and whether it was normal/acceptable/ok for blokes to use prostitutes.
And what context in this thread justified him making that post? Because I have looked and I still can't find any point it is making other than a snide putdown which suggests that anything she has to say is worthless.

I've quoted the post and invited Blagsta to explain what he meant by it. If he wants to, he can.

Back
Top Bottom