Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Global financial system implosion begins

This narrative is about as gripping as the next hurricane to hit Florida / people fleeing / local news reporter standing outside. Story.

Market correct is a market correction. Automated bots: OMG.

Both Reuters and Bloomberg have removed the Russell 2000 quote from their data - well their "free" data - should anyone have a spare $2k a month you'll get it
The Russell is interesting as it measures mainly small cap biz price - get a better idea of the overall economic picture - few of the Russell firms make most of their money outside the USA - FTSE here is dominated (cap size) by international firms who have chosen to list on the LSE - the FTSE 250 being a better measure of UK co's health for example
This correction will continue until such time as the Fed makes concrete its rate hike strategy - anticipating markets are nervous markets - T-Bill yields have risen in expectation orate rises, which in turn have spooked EQ Mkts - trade volume levels in real time, even with proper paid up info provide is difficult -
This place gives mass of data from most of the world EX USA (NASDAQ only) and UK
WFE Members
Good for base data to calc long term trends
You need to create an acct, it will then give you access to their databases and monthly reports.....BUT, cos they are compiled from data provided by members, it usually runs about 1 month behind, which means its useless for what is happening now but will give detailed breakdown in around 6 weeks.....oh handy....:mad::mad:

Noble group - FE based commodity trading behemoth- possibly on the verge of collapse. Running losses of 5bn in 2017. Lots of banks and FE wealth involved in the debt. Systemically important but conversely not to big to fail . Lots of talking up the future prospects and reiteration of creditors full confidence in the management etc.

Last edited:
Yep. Still a good time to be out of equities.
Not particularly, to be honest. It really depends on the fund. It's all still pretty flat over the last 3 months, which is an eyeblink in equity investment terms.

In terms of the whole of 2018, the question I ask myself is whether I'm more likely to gain 10% or lose 10% of my pension on any given investment. Right now I'm seeing plenty of downside room, and an upside that's shot it's bolt.

In terms of the whole of 2018, the question I ask myself is whether I'm more likely to gain 10% or lose 10% of my pension on any given investment. Right now I'm seeing plenty of downside room, and an upside that's shot it's bolt.
I dunno. The value stocks will give you a 4% dividend yield, remember, which softens the blow of any downward movement. And where else are you putting your money right now? Bonds are highly vulnerable to the yield curve shifting upwards. Commodities are collapsing. I think one reason for the sustained high in blue chip companies is the lack of decent alternatives right now.

This doesn’t really show much of a collapse, frankly:
2201D1FB-4124-474D-94A7-9522ED236885.png

And this has bumbled around a lot in two years, giving it plenty of scope for value still:

78E0C1E1-5AFF-4E6F-BB37-A1D962AD121F.png

I agree entirely with the "where else would you put your money" sentiment. There's the problem. The massive growth of investment money globally in the new Chinese, Indian, etc middle classes, plus the open money fawcets of QE - all chasing gains... While at the same time the only game in town - equities - are both over valued and jittering... And interest rates are about to rise.

We're 10 months pregnant for a nasty shock. Who knows what's going to give? You show 2 year charts. How about a 30 year chart?

We're 10 months pregnant for a nasty shock. Who knows what's going to give? You show 2 year charts. How about a 30 year chart?
they would be boring, though, since prices before 2 years ago are all just lower

Back
Top Bottom