Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

Ouch...

86593389-13571025-image-a-18_1719406076389.jpg

This is fucking weird, its three days to Glastonbury and no one's posted anything since Friday. And you've got a good weather forecast! Is it the Euros, the election? Anyway, have a fucking good one 😁 :beer::weed:
Yeah it used to be a big thread with dozens of urbans going and meeting up. Now this thread is just grumbling old people talking about prices, the absence of the correct demographic mix and the TV schedule.

Yeah it used to be a big thread with dozens of urbans going and meeting up. Now this thread is just grumbling old people talking about prices, the absence of the correct demographic mix and the TV schedule.
Actually it's now a thread about how people don't chat about Glasto the way they did in the old days.

Has there been the ''it was never the same after the big fence went up'' conversation yet?

What is it with you and shite from the Daily Mail? Which basically exists to whine about everything.

Anyhoo, last time I went To Ally Pally the fuckers were charging 8.50 for a beer, similar at Wembley. This is expensive but no more than some pubs near me.

Apart from the merch, that can fuck off.

What is with your juvenile teenage angst?

Glasto vendors can charge whatever the hell they like as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the few places that lets you bring your own drink into the festival itself. Plus provides passouts so you can go and restock.

e.g. Creamfields "There is a limit of 24 cans and 1 litre plastic bottle of spirit per person." campsite only. Not allowed to take it into the arena. No passouts. Once you are in you are in. (It's why I prefer to work Creamfields. Staff can come and go as they please. I'd miss my Sunday lunch and F1 GP down the local pub. It's usually crammed full of CF staff on a Sunday).

@ Glastonbury, You can cook your own food, drink your own booze, wear your own merch. You need not spend a single penny once you are in. There's even free water.

If vendors have to charge more to adjust to the fact they don't have a hostage market then fine in my opinion.

Last edited:
Glasto vendors can charge whatever the hell they like as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the few places that lets you bring your own drink into the festival itself. Plus provides passouts so you can go and restock.

e.g. Creamfields "There is a limit of 24 cans and 1 litre plastic bottle of spirit per person." campsite only. Not allowed to take it into the arena. No passouts. Once you are in you are in. (It's why I prefer to work Creamfields. Staff can come and go as they please. I'd miss my Sunday lunch and F1 GP down the local pub. It's usually crammed full of CF staff on a Sunday).

@ Glastonbury, You can cook your own food, drink your own booze, wear your own merch. You need not spend a single penny once you are in.

If vendors have to charge more to adjust to the fact they don't have a hostage market then fine in my opinion.
Vendors spend huge amounts to be there. Tens of thousands in some cases.
Food stalls in particular are very expensive. Even a little doughnut stall could cost you £5k-£10k if it is in a prime location.
This is why it can cost £8 for a portion of chips.

@ Glastonbury, You can cook your own food, drink your own booze, wear your own merch. You need not spend a single penny once you are in. There's even free water.

Fair points. Haven’t they put some “reasonable use” limits on in recent years or am I misremembering?

Fair points. Haven’t they put some “reasonable use” limits on in recent years or am I misremembering?
If they catch you unauthorized trading it's a no no.
So yh you can't rock up with a van load and start selling them. So personal use.

If they catch you unauthorized trading it's a no no.
So yh you can't rock up with a van load and start selling them. So personal use.

Last time i went I took 5 litres of Grey Goose courtesy of Mlle Fire's supplier. Decanted it into a big plastic water bottle, they'd have had a shitfit if they'd seen what I'd put their posh vodka in!. :D

A running joke on the various touring crew groups is that your bus/van/truck will get a really comprehensive search on the way in - sacks full of drugs will be ignored, but woe betide you if you’ve got any glass bottles :D

A running joke on the various touring crew groups is that your bus/van/truck will get a really comprehensive search on the way in - sacks full of drugs will be ignored, but woe betide you if you’ve got any glass bottles :D
Chatting with a security guard about how no dealers sell weed at festivals any more. Pills easier to smuggle in. More money per volume.

He said "Oh I can sell you some. Got loads. Its in my tent. Meet me tomorrow."

I didn't go as I didn't actually want any.

We’re about to watch their set, watching Headie One at the minute, he’s brilliant too.

We loved Confidence Man when they played a cpl of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom