Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

Think we are in but page crashed on auth payment, got back in and cant use refs
A few of our lot had failed payments and, according to twitter, it happened to a lot of people.

Only 2 groups out of 17 in our lot were successful. Seems to have been an even worse shitshow than usual at See Ticket's end.

A few of our lot had failed payments and, according to twitter, it happened to a lot of people.

Only 2 groups out of 17 in our lot were successful. Seems to have been an even worse shitshow than usual at See Ticket's end.

got back in and ref said uesd

no conf email so think we fucked

:mad:

My heart wasn’t really in the chase today.
Nevertheless I spent a whole hour refreshing my phone on top of an Armenian mountain and…

… didn’t get one.

Which is fine. A former urbanite friend got one. Very happy for her as she really wanted it.
So once again one of us succeeds and the other fails. Becoming a habit. Only once were we both successful the same year.

I could have had one if I wanted to take a coach from Cardiff but I turned it down.
Proving I really am not fussed this year.

Well, got me a locals' ticket, so I guess I will be going to the ball. Need to work out what to do when on site now, think I'll offer myself around and see what happens.

My heart wasn’t really in the chase today.
Nevertheless I spent a whole hour refreshing my phone on top of an Armenian mountain and…

… didn’t get one.

Which is fine. A former urbanite friend got one. Very happy for her as she really wanted it.
So once again one of us succeeds and the other fails. Becoming a habit. Only once were we both successful the same year.

I could have had one if I wanted to take a coach from Cardiff but I turned it down.
Proving I really am not fussed this year.
What would happen if you were in the same group? would it be like Schrödinger's Ticket?

Goodness. I’d see Heilung and the Breeders. And Bloc Party, I suppose. But ten or fifteen years ago there would always be a dozen bands that I genuinely liked or at least had heard of and made me vaguely wish that I was there.

There's an Ibiza based promoter selling hospitality packages for £1300 for those of you who missed out. No really, thank me later.

20240314_092712.jpg

Not the best, I agree but there's some good stuff in there.

Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Janelle Monae, Idles, Disclosure, Confidence Man, Jungle, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Steel Pulse, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Newdad, Fontaines DC, King Krule, Orbital, The Breeders, Dexys, Baxter Drury and Bar Italia would all be on my list. Never seen The Breeders or Dexys so I'd be excited about that.

I'd be disappointed Madonna's not on if I'd bought a ticket, though, I thought she was pretty much certain.

Well i wasn't sure about re sale and i'm never one for the main stages, but that's shit imho

View attachment 415876

Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Janelle Monae, Idles, Disclosure, Confidence Man, Jungle, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Steel Pulse, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Newdad, Fontaines DC, King Krule, Orbital, The Breeders, Dexys, Baxter Drury and Bar Italia would all be on my list. Never seen The Breeders or Dexys so I'd be excited about that.

I'd be disappointed Madonna's not on if I'd bought a ticket, though, I thought she was pretty much certain.

There’s a few I’d like to see but they’ll be fucking mobbed and I cba with all that pushing and shoving nowadays.

Might have an in for some tickets so I can moan about how it’s not as good as it used to be from site. Fingers crossed. Will be bringing MiniFire. She’s 11, not looking forward to explaining that going to see Dua Lipe is a bad idea…

I see Faithless are on there. How does that work with yer man no longer about? Someone else on vocals? A Tupac style Holographic Maxi Jazz?

View attachment 415876

I hope The Breeders have learnt some stage presence in the last decade.
They used to just stand there as stationary as a wet lettuce.
Cannonball is a great tune. The rest of their output isn’t bad as such, it’s just very mediocre.

Nothing to make me mourn my lack of ticket.
Edinburgh fringe will be my big splurge this year.

I see Faithless are on there. How does that work with yer man no longer about? Someone else on vocals? A Tupac style Holographic Maxi Jazz?
It will be Sister Bliss doing a DJ set under the name of Faithless.
She is entitled to and has been doing so for years.
She has doubled billed many times at Glastonbury by playing as Faithless at one venue and then doing her Sister Bliss set at another venue.

I hope The Breeders have learnt some stage presence in the last decade.
They used to just stand there as stationary as a wet lettuce.
Cannonball is a great tune. The rest of their output isn’t bad as such, it’s just very mediocre.
Nah. Last Splash is a fucking great album. Safari EP, Pod had some great tunes too. I'd love to see them live.

Back
Top Bottom