Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

Sorry I’d mixed up Baby D with Sister Bliss and had just corrected before you posted.

Ah right, I was totally confused :D Yeah that makes more sense then.

Incidentally Baby D went totally off on one during covid and bought into all the vaccine conspiracy nonsense. Her instagram went from old school raver to full on loonspud almost overnight.

I'm sure the lacklustre line-up is just to rub it in that I couldn't get a ticket a missed last year (that, IMO, had one of the best line-ups ever :mad:).

Still the best place in the world to be when the final weekend of June rolls around. Bring it on :thumbs:

Ah right, I was totally confused :D Yeah that makes more sense then.

Incidentally Baby D went totally off on one during covid and bought into all the vaccine conspiracy nonsense. Her instagram went from old school raver to full on loonspud almost overnight.
there was a lot of that about. i guess people part of that sort of scene often likely to have an anti-establishment outlook that can be manipulated.

Not the best line up by several Pilton miles but might take a look at PJ Harvey, Cyndi Lauper (clashed last time), Keane, Idles, Bolc Party, Nothing But Thieves, Steel Pulse, Orbital (seeing at Bearded), Dexys (also seeing at Bearded).

Never seen Avril Lavinge or Mary Wallopers (heard good things about MW), but at the moment they're the nearest to "must sees" for me this year - provided I'm not working when they're on (and assiming I get my job again).

Fingers crossed as always for Acoustic and Avalon to see what delights they bring.

I had my ticket. The whole team had our tickets. This morning the field told us we need to ditch one person cos the whole field has been told to cut back by 5 people. Apparently this is a site wide thing.

Last time I went there was 1998 and the cracks were starting to show. Loved my 80s and 90s experiences but too middle aged and cynical to believe in the “music will unite us” mantra any more. Certainly not at the nearly £400 mark.

View attachment 415876

Not the best, I agree but there's some good stuff in there.

Little Simz, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Janelle Monae, Idles, Disclosure, Confidence Man, Jungle, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Steel Pulse, Yard Act, Arlo Parks, Newdad, Fontaines DC, King Krule, Orbital, The Breeders, Dexys, Baxter Drury and Bar Italia would all be on my list. Never seen The Breeders or Dexys so I'd be excited about that.

I'd be disappointed Madonna's not on if I'd bought a ticket, though, I thought she was pretty much certain.
You can have the most amazing time at Glasto just wandering around with no plan.
The line up is the least important element of the fun to be had there, especially the one that makes it onto the main poster.
People clutching their pearls about the line-up are doing Glastonbury wrong.

You can have the most amazing time at Glasto just wandering around with no plan.
The line up is the least important element of the fun to be had there, especially the one that makes it onto the main poster.

It’s quite difficult to actively avoid seeing any bands, however one is doing Glastonbury. And it’s something of a bonus for them to be bands one likes.

Used to have this argument with William. "Vibe not lineup".

Glastonbury can certainly be done without being into the bands but the best Glastonbury's I went to all had great lineups. Often the headliners would be my favourite bands of the time. The Cure / Psychedelic Furs / Gil Scott-Heron was my first one - all fantastic live and I was certainly as into them as I was all the drugs / mad naked people/ greenfield malarkey.

:weed:

Yeah - it seems I did Glastonbury wrong then! I went 4 times, and seeing the bands was always pretty much the highlight for me.. being a dribbling wreck/talking to randoms could do any other weekend of the year at a squat party for a fiver.. :beer:

Anyway here's a picture of PJ on the Pyramid Stage from 2004. For some reason I only have 2 photos from Glastonbury... life before smartphones...

1710459231607.png

I found a few more... Bramble FM really tickled me in 2004..

1710459755452.png

I guess it was a wet one... I think this is just coming off the Pyramid Stage.

1710459882264.png

Attachments

• 1710459755691.png
    1710459755691.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It will be Sister Bliss doing a DJ set under the name of Faithless.
She is entitled to and has been doing so for years.
She has doubled billed many times at Glastonbury by playing as Faithless at one venue and then doing her Sister Bliss set at another venue.
I stand corrected.
They are doing a live set.

This is now the only thing making me regret that I’m not going. I’d like to be there just for this one set.
Although it might be for the best, I got really emotional during their 2011 final last time ever gig.
(Spoiler: it wasn’t their last gig after all. )

Can’t imagine how emotional I’d get at this one.

I stand corrected.
They are doing a live set.

This is now the only thing making me regret that I’m not going. I’d like to be there just for this one set.
Although it might be for the best, I got really emotional during their 2011 final last time ever gig.
(Spoiler: it wasn’t their last gig after all. )

Can’t imagine how emotional I’d get at this one.

Interesting, I wonder how they'll pull it off. Replacement vocalist? Video wizardry? They usually did an awesome show but Maxi Jazz was the lynchpin.

Some people go for the big names on the main stages. But for me, it was the serendipity of stumbling across bands you've never heard of and chilling/raving to them for a couple of hours.

I have heard that they are saying it's the worst ever line up, but I have records by four of the bands (not that I highly rate any of them), which is 'I think' better than most years.

LCD Soundsystem (Actually I don't really like them)
Cindy Lauper (Legend)
Confidence Man (First LP is fun)
Gossip (bought that single in a bargain bin)
Fat White Family (Got the first LP but can't say I am mad keen)
Dexys (great)
Otoboke Beaver (great live show, incredible ability, just not so keen on their actual songs)

Absolutely this. I think one year I saw 3 bands and that was it. Music was entirely incidental as to why I went.

Also, these days I don’t think I’ve got the patience to even get to the big stages, let alone stay there to see a full performance.

Other stage was always the worst back in the day people seemed to cut past all the time.

And now there's all the flag wankers, so you can't see fuck all anyways

Back
Top Bottom