Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Give your electricity/gas supplier an up to date reading before 1st April 2022

I hope they actually use my reading. In the email I got the other day reminding me of the 1st March payment, they referenced the reading before last ...

I don't know about all the suppliers but on the webform for mine, you have the option to backdate your readings by at least a few days - There is a "reading submitted-on" list box that lets you put in a date maybe up to 5-7 days earlier.

So if other suppliers offer this, anyone caught-out might still be able to submit a pre-first reading when the systems return to normal over the next day or two.

I hope they actually use my reading. In the email I got the other day reminding me of the 1st March payment, they referenced the reading before last ...
Yep I put this in the other thread but people need to get proof of submitting it or of the reading if possible because British Gas disappeared a couple of mine off their system that had already been logged in there a while

Yep I put this in the other thread but people need to get proof of submitting it or of the reading if possible because British Gas disappeared a couple of mine off their system that had already been logged in there a while
Just checked and they seem to have accepted it :)
I guess they would be in trouble if they didn't on this occasion ...

Just checked and they seem to have accepted it :)
I guess they would be in trouble if they didn't on this occasion ...
My last one had been accepted and listed on the British Gas system for a while and has disappeared off it over the last few days. there's a big discrepancy in my usage between the first and second meter readings and then second and third (the third being the one that went missing) and it would be very advantageous for them to calculate the reading off my vastly reduced usage over oct-jan rather than jan-march when I used a lot of gas and electricity

But to be fair the problem I had before that I managed to sort through without having to evidence what the meter reading was through the complaints department quite easily (but only after I went through the tricky bit of refusing to correspond by anything other than writing in or texting)

17 min wait for Bulb.

I got my reading in a few days ago but was gonna update it because fuck you Bulb.

Without a word of exaggeration it must have taken me about 40 attempts to submit my electricity meter reading to Eon the web site 😡

I haven't yet been able to submit my gas meter reading.

Mainly because I can't get the sodding door open to to the gas meter...

17 min wait for Bulb.

I got my reading in a few days ago but was gonna update it because fuck you Bulb.
Now up to 25 minutes

Luckily I got a reading in yesterday and that'll be within 10KWh, so if I can't get one in today I'll live with that reading

I found myself in a queue to the Bulb website. When I submitted my readings it didn't look like it had accepted them but then I got thank you emails so hopefully it has worked. I always take photos of my meters anyway in order to read them.

I'm on a smart meter so it (apparently) doesn't apply but having read about the people not being able to access their supplier all day, I tried anyway. EON. Couldn't get on. (But did see a very quick note that flashed off the screen that said you have until April 9th to give a reading anyway. So it is kind of open to a bit of fiddling I'd have thought.)

Not today but back in January of this year it took three fucking hours to get through to ecotricity, on the phone, to get them to send paper bills to an older person who had been automatically switched onto paperless bills, without their say so. Ecotricity still sent paper demands for overdue amounts but the actual bills were all in a totally inaccessible format.

Not looking forward to helping pick the pieces up after whatever this shitshow brings on.

I would recommend (regardless of whether you are having an issue or not with websites) taking a photo of your meters with some sort of evidence of date on it - like kidnappers in films do with a newspaper in shot so you can see date and headline
How fortunate that you can insert the time and date of your choice on a photo

That's my bill updated to the newest readings and paid in full.

Now see what the damage is next month. Although my consumption is falling post-winter!

Back
Top Bottom