Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Hamlet featured in new street mural

Street artist Lionel Stanhope celebrates the rich sporting history of Dulwich with Burbage Road mural

Wimbledon and Tooting and Mitcham really, though we don't play either much these days.

In the 90's Stevenage became a rivalry until they left us behind. More recently, Leatherhead became a match to win.

I think you can add Billericay in there too although that may have tailed off a bit since Tamplin's left them.

Who are Dulwich's rivals/derby games? As a recent (2018) convert to london and Dulwich I have often wondered
It would definitely have been Nunhead between the wars, their ground was only a couple of miles away, but they folded during WW2.

Corinthian Casuals became our closest league neighbours after WW2 when they played at The Oval, and then shared our ground for a while.

Tooting has been the big one ever since I've been going but we've only briefly been in the same division in recent times. There was also a bit of a local rivalry with Bromley and Sutton, but we haven't played either of those two for well over a decade. That's it really. I don't count the likes of Billericay or Leatherhead, both just had one season of beating us to the championship/promotion and that's it; that doesn't constitute a particular rivalry for me.

There's no one in the current league, Welling are closest but there's no real history of the clubs playing each other and they've got Dartford on their own doorstep.

How do you pay using amazon pay, when I try to pay there is no option for it, but at the bottom of the hamlet shop it says they accept it as a payment.

Anyone know?

Weymouth beat Dartford 3-0 on kicks from the penalty mark in today's National League South play-off final, following a goalless draw.

So we've lost Wealdstone (champions) and Weymouth from this season's fixture list and gained only Ebbsfleet, who were relegated, unless the FA finds a 22nd club from somewhere.

Weymouth beat Dartford 3-0 on kicks from the penalty mark in today's National League South play-off final, following a goalless draw.

So we've lost Wealdstone (champions) and Weymouth from this season's fixture list and gained only Ebbsfleet, who were relegated, unless the FA finds a 22nd club from somewhere.

Should keep costs down a bit swapping an away day to Weymouth for a trip to Ebbsfleet! I don't think the break helped Dartford, they had a strong finish to the season and may well have benefited from a playoff at the end of the normal season.

Dartford came through the first two play-off games against higher finishing teams though. They could have gone further still if not for the worst taken set of penalties you'll ever see.

Dulwich Hamlet T shirts on sale in Primark £6
View attachment 220050

Ah, but are they available in XXXXtra fat bastard size for the more generous proportioned fan? :D

Gravesend and Northfleet surely?

Scene of THAT Peter Garland goal.

There's no plans to take on one of the more southernly Conference North teams then? Brackley are only 20 miles north of Oxford for instance. Or Gloucester again.

There's no plans to take on one of the more southernly Conference North teams then? Brackley are only 20 miles north of Oxford for instance. Or Gloucester again.
I guess it depends on whether anyone in the North Division asks to move, in which case the North Division would then be a club short.

Interview with Ben Clasper. Touches on the new stadium, Nyren's departure and the upcoming season.

Starts about 1.30 in.

Should keep costs down a bit swapping an away day to Weymouth for a trip to Ebbsfleet! I don't think the break helped Dartford, they had a strong finish to the season and may well have benefited from a playoff at the end of the normal season.
Like there’s going to be away days...

Great to see someone mentioning Peter Garland’s ‘who ate all the pies’ goal from the halfway line at Gravesend & Northfleet.

13 years ago

Football archives: Dulwich Hamlet vs Maidstone Utd, Saturday, March 24, 2007

This was a top of the table clash. We'd won 3-2 at Maidstone (who then shared with Sittingbourne) during the autumn and had been top almost continuously since, but the Hamlet fell away and missed the play offs with just 9 points from the last ten games while the Stones were promoted as champions.

(It was either the Council or Police who ordered us to block viewing of the pitch from the bar, that wasn't the club's choice.)

can i just ask , are players full time or part time this season ?

If you mean whether they train in the day or evening, then it will be the day I understand. Rules out players like Nathan Green... Means we can train on those school grass pitches nearby, but they don't have floodlights. Swings and roundabouts.

Back
Top Bottom