Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

The confirmation is the league have confirmed they told the club's the league will start tomorrow.

The Beeb are reporting it's money from the government More will follow if fans aren't back in three months. I don't think there's any realistic chance of fans being back before three months is up and quite possibly for longer.

Is it enoug money? Don't know as we don't know what lost income is replaced. If it is admission money only, probably not.

What's the point of playing behind closed doors? None to my eyes.

I guess the point is the promotion and relegation deal with the EFL collapses if the top division doesn't play and tier three want tier two to play to facilitate promotion and relegation.

Total waste of taxpayers money to effectively nationalise tier two to my eyes. Admittedly the sums involved are loose change to the government given the cost of Covid.

is there a youth cup thread ? i think we are at home to croydon on friday night , are we allowed to come ?

London Footy Guide is saying its on Wednesday.

Dartford are letting fans in for their youth tie the same night so fingers crossed we can get to see our lads too.

Last edited:
Hamlet beat Croydon 4-1 on kicks from the penalty mark, following a 2-2 draw in tonight's FA Youth Cup tie.

Hamlet took an early two goal lead with a pair of well taken goals before the Croydon keeper was sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity with a reckless challenge just outside the box. The visitors pulled one back before half time when a ball into the box was deflected in for an own goal after Hamlet had failed to clear. For much of the second half it looked more like Hamlet were a player short as Croydon put up a superb fight, pressing us deep inside our half, and they deservedly equalised with a great volleyed finish from a free kick into the box. Hamlet also received a red card when one of our midfielders committed two bookable fouls in the space of a few minutes.

Although Croydon's stand in keeper had stood firm in open play he was unable to get near saving any of four well taken Hamlet kicks in the shoot out, while his Hamlet counterpart pulled off two saves from the three kicks he faced.

The stand in keeper played a blinder for the rest of the game and pulled off some great saves.
Dulwich should have won it within the 90mins but as said they looked like the team that was a man down.

Saw something on Twitter about the London Senior Cup draw being made. They've drawn Rounds 1 and 2. Round 1 we are away to Dartford. The winner of that plays either Phoenix Sports or Haringey Borough.

Being honest I was hoping for an away tie at any sort of local team like Beckenham, Fisher or Tooting that I might have been able to go to. If Dartford have kept most of last season's side that will be a tough fixture.

Saw something on Twitter about the London Senior Cup draw being made. They've drawn Rounds 1 and 2. Round 1 we are away to Dartford. The winner of that plays either Phoenix Sports or Haringey Borough.

Being honest I was hoping for an away tie at any sort of local team like Beckenham, Fisher or Tooting that I might have been able to go to. If Dartford have kept most of last season's side that will be a tough fixture.

I had read a proposal a while back that suggested local county cups wouldn't be played for this season only, but local FA's appear to be very precious about these things so on we go. If we win against Dartford then I would have thought we will be permitted to watch the next round's match at Phoenix or Haringey. Coincidentally, Haringey are offering free season tickets to anyone who applies this season - very much doubt that could be used though should we end up facing them, although might be handy to have if there were a limited number of tickets available and season ticket holders were given priority booking.

Harrow Borough's website seemed to be the only reliable looking source for this season's draw I could find. Watford u21s and Charlton u23s didn't play in the competition last year and the losing finalists from last season, Brentford B, get a bye to the 2nd round.

Lower league sides tend to play their firs tteam against the likes of us, whereas Dartford will possibly field a shadow side as we tend to do, therefore I'm not sure it'll make much difference. The latter stages of this competition don't tend to be dominated by the National League clubs. Obviously it's annoying that this will be yet another game none of us can attend.

If we win against Dartford then I would have thought we will be permitted to watch the next round's match at Phoenix or Haringey. Coincidentally, Haringey are offering free season tickets to anyone who applies this season - very much doubt that could be used though should we end up facing them, although might be handy to have if there were a limited number of tickets available and season ticket holders were given priority booking.
I tried to apply for that free Haringey season ticket a couple of weeks ago, mainly on the off chance that we might draw them in the FA Cup and I'd have a better chance of getting a ticket for that if I was already registered a season ticket holder. (Although it's an easy enough ground for me to get to and they play midweek games on Mondsays, so I would have made use of a free ticket.) However, I couldn't get the link to work. I tried several times, and have just tried again, but when I attempt to register it just clears the fields I've already completed.

Lower league sides tend to play their firs tteam against the likes of us, whereas Dartford will possibly field a shadow side as we tend to do, therefore I'm not sure it'll make much difference. The latter stages of this competition don't tend to be dominated by the National League clubs. Obviously it's annoying that this will be yet another game none of us can attend.

I am not so fussed about winning the Dartford tie, I just want a game to go to.

Just realised we don't have a game this Saturday, 7 November. We were due to host Eastbourne Borough but it appears that they have an FA Cup tie instead!

Back
Top Bottom