Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

That goal difference says a lot. When we are confident, we can win well, but seem to lack belief to get back into games when behind and opposition can far too easily restrict us. Sweeping generalisation there perhaps...?
I've always felt goal difference is a good indicator of a club being in a "false position", so I'm not surprised Dorking are on the brink of slipping out of the play off places following a fifth consecutive defeat, or that Braintree (whose GD was poor even when they were above halfway around Christmas) have plummeted down the table. Although at such a late stage of the season there's clearly more to it than that in our case.

I've always felt goal difference is a good indicator of a club being in a "false position", so I'm not surprised Dorking are on the brink of slipping out of the play off places following a fifth consecutive defeat, or that Braintree (whose GD was poor even when they were above halfway around Christmas) have plummeted down the table. Although at such a late stage of the season there's clearly more to it than that in our case.
It's not a "false position." It's a very accurate representation of our ability to lose games!

It looks like it is unilateral however it was fairly widely flagged over the weekend that the government will move to restrict sport, probably on Thursday. Dulwich's gates are such that would include them. Realistically as soon as a player is diagnosed clubs will have to put their other players and officials into isolation. There's no real possiblity of the season finishing as scheduled even if everyone else does try to play on. The National League meets today I believe and I'll be amazed if they don't suspend the season for several weeks at least.

It appears we have gone against the national league

I would be very surprised if any more games went ahead in that league considering everything above and nearly everything below has been postponed

However should the unlikely happen and the league did not postpone then yes a point deduction would be very likely and then more likely removed after an appeal

I'm sure the league will be aware enough how out of step they are by now. There won't be punishment even if other games continue, not that they will anyway.

I just rearranged my programme collection. I have no idea why, but there's one programme missing! I'm pretty sure I attended the home match against Kingstonian on April 26th 2014. I stayed with G. at Mark H.'s place (Thanks a lot, again!).

Has anyone a spare copy of this programme for my collection?
Are you still cataloging the back issues, Al Crane?

I'm happy to pay/donate for it and I've got many spares to swap, too.

I just rearranged my programme collection. I have no idea why, but there's one programme missing! I'm pretty sure I attended the home match against Kingstonian on April 26th 2014. I stayed with G. at Mark H.'s place (Thanks a lot, again!).

Has anyone a spare copy of this programme for my collection?
Are you still cataloging the back issues, Al Crane?

I'm happy to pay/donate for it and I've got many spares to swap, too.

There’s a good chance that the shop has a copy as I recall there’s lots of spares from that season. When we’re allowed out again we’ll check!

Have you seen "The English Game' on Netflix? It's a really good 6 part dramatised serial about the development of football in England.Old Etonians feature prominently and Old Carthusians also feature! Really well worth a watch!

Have you seen "The English Game' on Netflix? It's a really good 6 part dramatised serial about the development of football in England.Old Etonians feature prominently and Old Carthusians also feature! Really well worth a watch!

Yes , i thought it was really good , and the football scenes were probably the best I've ever seen in a dramatisation , the thing that puzzled me is the team are Blackburn FC but in reality they were Blackburn Olympic and Jimmy Suitor never existed .

Fergus Suter played for Blackburn Rovers not Blackburn Olympic. He did previously bolsy for Patrick and Darwen. They've used a bit of artistic licence in how the story flowed. Not sure Jimmy Love ever played for either Blackburn side and think Major Marindin had retired from playing by the time of the final they had him in goal for.

There's a mini zine called ‚The Condemned Of Altona’ in English available at https://soli.altona93.de, that collects money for our club in this situation, now. 90% of each donation go to Altona 93 and 10% to the international movement Seebrücke Hamburg!

EWi1EeUXQAE93SG

hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this and apologies if not.

If anyone has anyone any old dulwich hamlet kit that they dont want anymore. Please get in touch (ill pay money)

Thanks!

There's plenty out there. There was a right mixture of old kit at Mishi's funeral. Most of us had grown a bit since we last wore them tbh.... Some was more blue and grey due to being washed too often.

All my old shirts have fallen to bits but I'm pretty sure I have a pair of 1980's players shorts and socks you can have if you want. The shorts are blue shadow stripes with pink trim believe it or not. When the old ground was demolished the club let fans walk away with unwanted kit. These were given to me when I arrived in 1991 by someone who had lots. Incidentally the gym kit that was part of the Ian Wright transfer fee was taken by a fan too.

The shorts and socks haven't been worn since I packed up playing TBH, I used them in my Supporters' team days. They'll have appeared in some of the old images that pop up here occasionally.

I'm a rare visitor these days, due to where I live, but can bring them along at some point, no money required

There's plenty out there. There was a right mixture of old kit at Mishi's funeral. Most of us had grown a bit since we last wore them tbh.... Some was more blue and grey due to being washed too often.

All my old shirts have fallen to bits but I'm pretty sure I have a pair of 1980's players shorts and socks you can have if you want. The shorts are blue shadow stripes with pink trim believe it or not. When the old ground was demolished the club let fans walk away with unwanted kit. These were given to me when I arrived in 1991 by someone who had lots. Incidentally the gym kit that was part of the Ian Wright transfer fee was taken by a fan too.

The shorts and socks haven't been worn since I packed up playing TBH, I used them in my Supporters' team days. They'll have appeared in some of the old images that pop up here occasionally.

I'm a rare visitor these days, due to where I live, but can bring them along at some point, no money required

I'm sure any other old kit from you or other fans would be very much welcomed by DHST. It's the kind of thing that goes for quite a bit at Christmas parties, AGMs and other events. Funds raised go to charity or DHST funds. Don't go throwing it away!

TBH as it came from the club. if DHST can make use of it then I probably ought to give it to them. I'll drop it off at the shop next time I visit the Hill. Apologies Sam.

Or, for any sort of DHFC museum that we might put together one day! Important to keep some sort of record of this stuff otherwise it gets lost forever. When Jack put on his Hamlet Historian pop up museum a few years ago it was great to see so many shirts in one place amongst various other memorabilia.

I have several far more interesting bits tucked away for any future DHFC museum. On the bigger picture, I don think a pair of circa 1988 shorts qualify to be honest. A team group from that era might but not the shorts as we have no idea who wore them.

TBH I'd actually seriously consider donating to Southwark Local Studies if they have signed up to the Museum Charter. Unfortunately much of the DHFC stuff we have was thrown out by the club. If it is donated back to the club it could happen again. I don't believe the current owners would dispose of stuff but the next ones? Some of the stuff we hold is valuable. The Museum Charter makes it much harder to dispose of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom