Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Altona 93 on a Portugese website - http://www.futebolmagazine.com/altona-93-o-novo-st-pauli

Translation:

Altona 93, the new St. Pauli

altona93_fm1-1106x568_c.jpg

22/11/2013 - MIGUEL PEREIRA LOURENÇO - CLUBS - 1,084

In recent decades the FC St. Pauli became the alternative club par excellence of European football. Able to gather far-left militants, children of punk culture, liberals and Marxists, the Hamburg club was the last stronghold of the alternative. Was. Today, those who want to cross the wild side football do it with the colors of Altona93!

Altona 93, football rebels
The skull on the walls, the cry in the lungs.

In the stands there is no way to cheat. Resistant old punk culture, with its leather jackets, tattoos and memories of past times. The south a banner with the "rainbow" gay, so unusual in stadiums and a group of transsexuals jumping to the sound of a theme swallowed by the cold. There sweaters Che, Lenin, Marx and pirates of the caribbean. In more like an alternative rock festival scene, football is religion. We could be at the Millerntor-Stadion. Among the most hardcore fans of European football Rebels FC Saint-Pauli. But we are not.

Instead of the historic grounds of the port area of Hamburg, the perfect perch for football outsiders, this unexpected fan group meets regularly a little further south, the Adolf-Jäger-Kampfbahn. The stadium Altona93, the club became the new St. Pauli German football (and European), the new stronghold of the most radical rebels commercialization of the beautiful game.

Heirs of FC St. Pauli
Altona is a humble neighborhood in a city that exudes life from every pore.

Within the German social scene, Hamburg is a world apart. It is the port par excellence of a country that has complex with its route, preferring the shelter of its rivers, lakes and mountains. It is a door to multiculturalism since medieval times. A flow of ideas, sensations and experiences that give the city a mythical outline that many Germans are unable to understand. So maybe it was inevitable the birth of the alternative club in German football (and European) with a view to its magical harbor. From the 60s, with the social revolution of the baby-boom generation to storm the streets across Europe, the city of Hamburg knew becoming a bastion of alternative culture. FC St. Pauli was his most international symbol.

The home crowd modest stadium of a club that grew and survived in the shadow of its powerful neighbor, Hamburg SV, joined him as the bourgeois elite was like the scum of the city. The renegades, prostitutes, homosexuals, punks, extremist left-wing radicals and humble workers from the docks. All in the same bag of emotions and causes. For thirty years was thus a stronghold of something that only football was able to interpret without prejudice. And during those thirty years, the FC St. Pauli was the club that all the supporters wanted to have. So far.

In recent years the mass of FC St. Pauli fans has declined visibly. Despite the imaginative choreography, graffiti updated the ports on your stadium under renovation, there is a different atmosphere in the air. The old guard is no longer there. He moved to where understood that the concept of supporting a local football club, without greater ambitions than being something different still made sense. The St. Pauli had surrendered to trade his image power. Too marketing support to too many people. The small project had become great in the eyes of financial interests.And uninteresting for those who did not want to change the soul for a few pennies.

The value of a club for the community
With the decline of its illustrious neighbor, Altona 93 rose from the ashes.

Not a novice in these things of German football. It was indeed one of the first historical emblems of the country up to 50 years looked for football with this air suspicious of those who do not want to have any connection with a British product. His fame is such that it was in his modest stadium - still modest, today alternative - who played the first international than then could call the selection of Germany. Other times. Today Mannschafft part of this machine and make millions Altona93 survives in the Oberliga Hamburg, the fifth division of the country. But with each passing day countertops are gaining colors and lost emotions.

The arrival at the club several enthusiasts of the St. Pauli model served to raise awareness.

As with its neighbor, the Altona quickly became a local symbol, a model of integration. Their training teams (as well as other methods that are organized within the club) are an important gateway to migrant communities manage to integrate young people in the city. Winning this small patch of grass in the open, is not at all what counts most.

The old heroes of the historical time of St. Pauli, the most alternative fans from Germany, come together now to celebrate this spirit of community fortnight. There is this sports project any ambition to dream of the golden stage of the Bundesliga. Survive the times, integrate and enjoy are the slogans that the gray walls of the Adolf-Jager-Kampfbahn would pronounce if they could.For them the dream of a different football also includes the memory of the man who gives them name, one of the great players of German football, dead, to dismantle a bomb ally who had fallen into a nursery school district to prevent the death of children playing in the streets with balls of rags and dreams of a better future.

I was heading up to Stoke for the Palace match on Saturday, and chatted very briefly to a guy as I was alighting the train into London Bridge (arriving 0918), who was wearing a Hamlet scarf and on was on his way to Margate. I pointed out that I was sure were at home, to which he replied that he was sure we'd already beaten Margate on our patch. As we were both getting off, that's where it was left.

Who was the unfortunate that ended up in Margate then, I wonder?

I was heading up to Stoke for the Palace match on Saturday, and chatted very briefly to a guy as I was alighting the train into London Bridge (arriving 0918), who was wearing a Hamlet scarf and on was on his way to Margate. I pointed out that I was sure were at home, to which he replied that he was sure we'd already beaten Margate on our patch. As we were both getting off, that's where it was left.

Someone scouting Wingate & Finchley, our opponents on Saturday? Probably clutching at straws a little bit there...

This is absolutely bizarre. A Dulwich Hamlet fan living in his own alternate reality...

Billericay thrashed Leiston 4-0 tonight, a very good result for us as it keeps Leiston seven points behind us in sixth place (one spot outside the playoffs)

Billericay thrashed Leiston 4-0 tonight, a very good result for us as it keeps Leiston seven points behind us in sixth place (one spot outside the playoffs)

BUT IF Billericay win their two games in hand they are only 4 points behind us! :eek:

And if we carry on the way we are I will have wasted a day of annual leave, having already booked off the Thursdaysemi-final play-off date. Such is life...
Que sera sera...

This is absolutely bizarre. A Dulwich Hamlet fan living in his own alternate reality...

I initially thought they might have got February and March mixed up when looking at the calendar or something, but we were playing the Met at home on the 21st Feb. Really want to know what happened to them now!

Back
Top Bottom