Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

We used to drink wine at Reading games as a way of getting hammered quickly. My mate ordered a bottle at 2.45 in the bar at Madejski, and was asked by the barmaid "you do know it's 15 minutes until kick-off?" He replied "really? Better make it two bottles then"

How disgustingly middle class of you. You should be ashamed. You'd never make a solid salt of the earth Rayo fan. I wish we were as diverse as this bunch.

i4QfV.jpg

On what criteria are you supposedly judging the "middle classness" of the crowd here?

And who cares anyway? The point is that it's open to anyone and the club goes out of its way to be far more inclusive than the majority of clubs.

hanlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-01.jpg

hamlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-30.jpg

Are this lot all middle class? I've no idea, and it's not something I'm going to waste time worrying about.

I count one toff, 6 middle class and 9 people who are clearly of working class origin, hard to tell with the kid with the mask.

Clearly if you are from a solid working class area you will have more working class support. As London is more expensive, and easier to move to if you have middle class roots, and there are middle class areas around the ground, then yes...we clearly will have some middle class fans. But we also have some stauch working class fans, of which I have been proudly one for over 41 years now, man & boy.

But, to me, I couldn't give shit what class our fans are, as long as they are supporting Dulwich Hamlet, and proudly wearing Pink & Blue.

Our fans are a mix of classes, and generations...and something i proud to be part of.

I didn't realise you needed to get your ABC social chart out to see who was allowed through the turnstiles.

To be honest, I would say in a comfortable middle-class town like Lewes, they have a fair share of fans from that background too, but does it matter?

I just think it's lazy to label us all as middle-class/leftie/hipsters/students/etc...

Last edited:
;)By the way, thank you for posting...I've just googled 'salient' and 'straw man'...so have now added to my working class vocabulary. New phrase for me..oh to have had a middle class upbringing! ;)

Great picture, I can't work out if that's me behind the man shouting though.
Absolutely appauling comment...we moan about giving the wrong impression of our fans, then 'one of our own' posts this...

Reactions: EDC
It's a common collocation.
Wow! And another.... "collocation"!
I haven't had such fun since the fourth year, in 'O' Level English class, when our middle class teacher made us all circle ten words in The Guardian we didn't know the meaning of & look them up in the dictionary...

As always, with new signings, the Club website not informed! Grr! Some things never change...

Back
Top Bottom