Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Editor. Would you say the support of DH is pretty middle class compared to other non-league clubs. Simple question.
I don't know. There are hundreds of non league clubs attracting all sorts of different followers and it's not a question that bothers me. Why are you so obsessed with this?

I got asked a question which got a snarky answer about me not attending non-league football when I said which club I saw regularly. It therefore seemed salient that there some similarities about the politics between Rayo and DH. The difference being that while Rayo is nominally bigger, it is a working class club in a working class area. My original question was about class and DH, which is a perfectly okay thing to bring up I feel, and is therefore pertinent.
Don't forget the single photo of the WINE GLASS. That's REALLY important here. Good job you brought that up.

I don't know. There are hundreds of non league clubs attracting all sorts of different followers and it's not a question that bothers me. Why are you so obsessed with this?

Because I asked a question about it and got a load of defensive and semi-offensive responses. So every time one of you sends me a straw man answer or gets shirty, I'll keep going.

I got asked a question which got a snarky answer about me not attending non-league football when I said which club I saw regularly. It therefore seemed salient that there some similarities about the politics between Rayo and DH. The difference being that while Rayo is nominally bigger, it is a working class club in a working class area. My original question was about class and DH, which is a perfectly okay thing to bring up I feel, and is therefore pertinent.
You complain about wine glasses then say a point is "salient"....

Don't forget the single photo of the WINE GLASS. That's REALLY important here. Good job you brought that up.

Ah come on. Grow up. There's loads of photos of a very middle class, hispter crowd out there. It's disingenuous this.

Only time I've seen wine at a game with Dulwich was last week at Bognor where a broke downed a whole fucking bottle in the second half, other then that, it's just cider I have seen. That and the odd bottle of Coke I sneak it because I don't drink alcohol. Wouldn't say we are a middle class club either, just a club with a lot more character and colour!

The implication is that working class people have more limited vocabulary than middle class people too. For fuck's sake.

The implication is that working class people have more limited vocabulary than middle class people too. For fuck's sake.

But I believe you said working class people don't dress nicely, drink wine, or caviar. I am working class last time I checked and so are a lot of people at Dulwich Hamlet, not that it matters.

You are too middle class for me to argue with, I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

"

Great picture, I can't work out if that's me behind the man shouting though.

Do only the middle class wear glasses, if so it's not me then?

Well, I fancied going to see Rayo Vallecano, but the (reverse) snobbery that Favelado has demonstrated has put me right off.

I agree that his/her observations are way off the mark, but even if they were correct, then who cares? Are middle class people evil? What's wrong with people drinking wine?

It really is a British obsession to care so much about class...

Of course people wouldn't be seen dead drinking wine in Spain. I've been to plenty of matches over there and they are certainly very middle class places of entertainment. But as you say it's not important.

Yeah, perfectly normal to see someone sipping a glass of white wine at a lower league football game. Was always like that at Blackpool Mechanics.

What I did there was just as bad as one of your straw-men.

It's a middle-class club. One of the other posters confirmed it. That's all I wondered. It seems to bother you. It needn't.

I realise this is a silly, silly argument to get into but: I have seen someone drinking wine at Blackpool Mechanics. I've been with my mum and she always drinks wine at the footy.

I realise this is a silly, silly argument to get into but: I have seen someone drinking wine at Blackpool Mechanics. I've been with my mum and she always drinks wine at the footy.

Maybe there are no mothers at rayo? Did you consider that? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom