Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I've been making a large version of the badge on GIMP. Not vector graphics I'm afraid, and a bit 'Commodore 64' overall but it's better image quality than anything I could find online and unless you're getting MASSIVE stickers printed it'll look alright. I can email you the xcf file if you want, or send you a png with any minor changes (i.e. a darker blue). EDIT: oooh, stop press, you can save as psd files in GIMP.
DHFCbadgewhite.png

That's the old badge....

New one as pdf file for photoshop editing - http://dhst.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Dulwich_Crest.pdf

And smaller jpg here:

Dulwich_Crest_001.jpg

Last edited:
Full of lazy comments about class and digs at the quality of football

Seen it now...

So, Ron Liddle comes to "a few" games, doesn't speak to any fans (at least quote any) and then preaches to us. What a load of old bollocks.

So giving free tickets to LGBT fans and tackling homophobia is a "right-on, typically white middle middle-class London" thing. How about it's just doing the right, blindingly obvious thing you prick?

Shows himself to be a sexist fuckwit as well with his comment that women are "useless at playing football"? Well, he clearly he hasn't watched any recently...but I guess actually taking time to research a subject it too much for Ron.

And Dulwich is an "achingly bourgeois movement", which goes to show he hasn't actually spoken to anyone. That's just plain offensive....not just to the dinosaurs; but to the dinosaur-nouveaus, the nouveaus and the nouveau-nouveaus...

Despite this achingly incorrect narrative, he somehow concludes that we are going in the right direction. Well, cheers Ron...but you know what, I don't care what you think. I suggest you stick with keeping your head down at Dagenham, or wherever you spend your Saturdays regularly, because apparently being proactive in welcoming ALL to our club is too bourgeois for you.

I used to work at the BBC, and I used to run into Liddle a fair bit. Even back then, when he edited the Today programme, he looked like a walking mid-life crisis in a leather jacket.

It says something about people when they condemn not acting like a dick as being "right on" and "middle class".

surprised we havent had an article like this already.... but pretty funny it's from Rod liddle in the sunday times rather than a random blogger. Im just annoyed he doesnt completely hate us as he seems to concede we are alright.. im not sure i want his seal of approval. twat.

Looking at photos of Hamlet's support and it does seem to be about 95% white. Is that because of the photos a racist media is using or would it be the same if I went to the ground? It does seem a very middle-class affair when viewed through the not very reliable filter of the internet.

Looking at photos of Hamlet's support and it does seem to be about 95% white. Is that because of the photos a racist media is using or would it be the same if I went to the ground? It does seem a very middle-class affair when viewed through the not very reliable filter of the internet.
On what criteria are you supposedly judging the "middle classness" of the crowd here?

And who cares anyway? The point is that it's open to anyone and the club goes out of its way to be far more inclusive than the majority of clubs.

hanlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-01.jpg

hamlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-30.jpg

Are this lot all middle class? I've no idea, and it's not something I'm going to waste time worrying about.

On what criteria are you supposedly judging the "middle classness" of the crowd here?

And who cares anyway? The point is that it's open to anyone and the club goes out of its way to be far more inclusive than the majority of clubs.

hanlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-01.jpg

hamlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-30.jpg

Are this lot all middle class? I've no idea, and it's not something I'm going to waste time worrying about.

Well, I looked at lots of photos you see. The people looked quite posh and expensively dressed compared to say, my hometown, or the crowd at Rayo when I go and watch them. Also, it doesn't seem to be demographically representative of the local borough. So, I've made some superficial judgements based on that, but I've got a hunch they might be true.

You obviously do know if the home support is middle class or not if you go there every other week. You could just tell me if it is or not. As you say, if it's open to everyone then fair enough. Just looks a bit, you know, posh.

Well the crowd is predominantly white. I think it's an odd thing to snipe at Dulwich for though - it's universal at football matches IME and I think the crowd is more diverse than pretty much any other I'm aware of. The fans of teams we're playing are often 100% white. And higher up I'm not aware of any Premier League teams that can boast very diverse fans. Why that is is a wider issue than Dulwich IMO.

Middle class? There's some truth in that one IMO although again it's overstated, and again anyone who thinks other teams fanbases are universally working class hasn't been paying any attention for the last few decades.

Well the crowd is predominantly white. I think it's an odd thing to snipe at Dulwich for though - it's universal at football matches IME and I think the crowd is more diverse than pretty much any other I'm aware of. The fans of teams we're playing are often 100% white. And higher up I'm not aware of any Premier League teams that can boast very diverse fans. Why that is is a wider issue than Dulwich IMO.

Middle class? There's some truth in that one IMO although again it's overstated, and again anyone who thinks other teams fanbases are universally working class hasn't been paying any attention for the last few decades.

Thanks. Nice answer.

It's fair enough to ask. Sorry, but I've read loads of posts about DH being "real football" and then when I take the time to look there's a photo of someone sipping a glass of fucking white wine on the touchline.
What is "real football" then, according to you?.

It's fair enough to ask. Sorry, but I've read loads of posts about DH being "real football" and then when I take the time to look there's a photo of someone sipping a glass of fucking white wine on the touchline.
How many photos of the hundreds that have been posted have you seen of people drinking wine then? 0.1%? Or maybe it's 0.01%?

The vast majority drink cans or pints of beer or cider, as well you know.

hamlet-vcd-athletic-march-2015-48.jpg

How many photos of the hundreds that have been posted have you seen of people drinking wine then? 0.1%? Or maybe it's 0.01%?

The vast majority drink cans or pints of beer or cider, as well you know.

Do you think you can find anyone drinking a glass of white wine on the touchline at any other football club? Seriously? If it's posh then fair enough. The politics looks great and if you all have fun then lovely. It's just pretty middle-class looking. That's all. It's fair enough to point that out, especially if the club is being used as a contrast to the corporate experience of the Premiership.

Do you think you can find anyone drinking a glass of white wine on the touchline at any other football club? Seriously? If it's posh then fair enough. The politics looks great and if you all have fun then lovely. It's just pretty middle-class looking. That's all. It's fair enough to point that out, especially if the club is being used as a contrast to the corporate experience of the Premiership.
You think people don't drink wine at football games? What planet are you on? I'd imagine every football bar stocks wine, just like pubs.

Or is it the fact that you've seen one picture of someone doing it by the touchline that makes the cornerstone of whatever point it is you're trying to make?

I'm impressed that anyone can tell that a plastic cup of yellow liquid is white wine, let alone the grape variety and social class of the person holding it.

Even if those amazing skills are correct, what leads you to decide that this one person represents over 1300 other people also in the stadium? :D

I'm impressed that anyone can tell that a plastic cup of yellow liquid is white wine, let alone the grape variety and social class of the person holding it.

Even if those amazing skills are correct, what leads you to decide that this one person represents over 1300 other people also in the stadium? :D

In a fucking wine GLASS.

You think people don't drink wine at football games? What planet are you on? I'd imagine every football bar stocks wine, just like pubs.

Or is it the fact that you've seen one picture of someone doing it by the touchline that makes the cornerstone of whatever point it is you're trying to make?

Yeah, perfectly normal to see someone sipping a glass of white wine at a lower league football game. Was always like that at Blackpool Mechanics.

What I did there was just as bad as one of your straw-men.

It's a middle-class club. One of the other posters confirmed it. That's all I wondered. It seems to bother you. It needn't.

Back
Top Bottom