Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

One grumpy old git once had a go at one of my kids, probably about 3 years old at the time for "putting her feet on one of the new seats that McCormack had just paid for".

There are no partnership deals with Nike and Coca Cola. No adverts.

These arrangements were to help promote a competition for aspiring journalists to have a chance of becoming a journalist or commentator at Euro2012. No money exchanged hands nor did FE benefit from it. It was a way for us to give our aspiring journalists the best possible chance of securing a role (away from FE) during a major football tournament. I (The Founder) did however get ONE free can of coca cola for my efforts.

Mate. FE is excellent! Great to see such brilliant new commercial innovation while delivering genuinely quality relevant content at a fair price. Ignore the haters. They are few. But do listen to editor and his rules :) Your youthful production team are wonderful too! Top-notch commentary, footage, editing and presenting. Keep up the good work.

Mate. FE is excellent! Great to see such brilliant new commercial innovation while delivering genuinely quality relevant content at a fair price. Ignore the haters. They are few. But do listen to editor and his rules :) Your youthful production team are wonderful too! Top-notch commentary, footage, editing and presenting. Keep up the good work.
Have to admit, after speaking to the FE cameraman last night, I agree with you. They will be covering the away game at Margate on Saturday, before which Forward the Hamlet will be interviewing Ravit and Tom from FE. Hopefully we'll be able to shed some more light on why they were set up and what their goals are etc, and of course where subscription money goes.

Some freeview non-league TV chat I was on recently. Apologies in advance if I've not represented us as you'd have liked. It's a tough job! :)

The presenter guy Michael came to DHFC on non-league day and was enthralled with the whole experience. He started up this weekly on Sports Tonight Live just a couple of weeks ago so he's still working on getting the production up to scratch and the flow of the show was a bit jumbled due to tech problems. Still, good to get the Dulwich machine in the media a tad more.

Have to admit, after speaking to the FE cameraman last night, I agree with you. They will be covering the away game at Margate on Saturday, before which Forward the Hamlet will be interviewing Ravit and Tom from FE. Hopefully we'll be able to shed some more light on why they were set up and what their goals are etc, and of course where subscription money goes.

The cameraman last night was me (Mike Bandry), I'm the founder of FE. Drop me a DM with your number and I will be more than happy to answer all questions you have relating to FE, Tom may not have some of the answers for your questions but is looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday. RE subs money, our 60% goes towards trying covering our match day costs including travel expenses. All non match day costs (editing, news pieces, travel expenses, equipment and general running costs etc.) are covered by both Rav (who works tirelessly) and I. Please do drop me a line with your number so I can tell you our story to date and also our plans for the future.

I've got to say, we've really enjoyed being a part of Dulwich Hamlet so far, the club really is infectious. Tom Bale (Dulwich Hamlet Commentator) is now a fan and was giving me the run down of his favourite Hamlet songs from the terraces on the train yesterday.

Shame about the result last night, 75-80% of possession with Leiston having two attempts on goal... that's just football. Last night's defeat really hurt the players, but they remain focused and hopefully that provide fuel for Saturday. We did catch up with Gav and Jack Dixon (what a great signing by the way) after the game and to say they are up for Margate is an understatement. I know your support goes along way to spurring the team on, so it would be great to see as many DHFC fans down there as possible, "The Dulwich Hamlet Jolly Boys outing".

All your kind words are greatly appreciated and have been distributed around the office, if anyone has any ideas of how we can improve our content or ideas of feature pieces you may want to see please do get in touch. My contact email address is: - mikebandry@footballexclusives.com

The community at DH is phenomenal so if you see us please do come over and say hi, Tom especially loves talking about all things Hamlet.

Last edited:
The cameraman last night was me (Mike Bandry), I'm the founder of FE. Drop me a DM with your number and I will be more than happy to answer all questions you have relating to FE, Tom may not have some of the answers for your questions but is looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday. RE subs money, our 60% goes towards trying covering our match day costs including travel expenses. All non match day costs (editing, news pieces, travel expenses, equipment and general running costs etc.) are covered by both Rav (who works tirelessly) and I. Please do drop me a line with your number so I can tell you our story to date and also our plans for the future.

I've got to say, we've really enjoyed being a part of Dulwich Hamlet so far, the club really is infectious. Tom Bale (Dulwich Hamlet Commentator) is now a fan and was giving me the run down of his favourite Hamlet songs from the terraces on the train yesterday.

Shame about the result last night, 75-80% of possession with Leiston having two attempts on goal... that's just football. Last night's defeat really hurt the players, but they remain focused and hopefully that provide fuel for Saturday. We did catch up with Gav and Jack Dixon (what a great signing by the way) after the game and to say they are up for Margate is an understatement. I know your support goes along way to spurring the team on, so it would be great to see as many DHFC fans down there as possible, "The Dulwich Hamlet Jolly Boys outing".

All your kind words are greatly appreciated and have been distributed around the office, if anyone has any ideas of how we can improve our content or ideas of feature pieces you may want to see please do get in touch. My contact email address is: - mikebandry@footballexclusives.com

The community at DH is phenomenal so if you see us please do come over and say hi, Tom especially loves talking about all things Hamlet.
Thanks Mike and apologies for my mistake. Have DM'd you.

Some freeview non-league TV chat I was on recently. Apologies in advance if I've not represented us as you'd have liked. It's a tough job! :)

The presenter guy Michael came to DHFC on non-league day and was enthralled with the whole experience. He started up this weekly on Sports Tonight Live just a couple of weeks ago so he's still working on getting the production up to scratch and the flow of the show was a bit jumbled due to tech problems. Still, good to get the Dulwich machine in the media a tad more.

Hmm....we actually don't have 'Ultras'..this is a 'media image'...we have fans behind the goal who sing. This is 'muddied' in my humble opinion by the group of fans who go along the halfway line, with the 'Dultras' banner. They really have a banner, and that's it. Further from any image of Ultras, either 'old skool stereotype hooligan' or 'modern, peaceful rowdy passionate' style than I could ever imagine.

As for Hadley...they are working with all at the Club, fans,committee & Trust alike, they are NOT planning to build flats...and we are hoping for some sort of future. They ARE planning to build property on our ground BUT WITH A NEW GROUND adjacent on Greendale, to secure the future of the Football Club. And they are open to the possibility about some sort of fan ownership of the Club down the line...if that's uncertainty...well I'll cope with 'uncertaintly' at the moment!

Great Stuff well Repped!!

Hmm....we actually don't have 'Ultras'..this is a 'media image'...we have fans behind the goal who sing. This is 'muddied' in my humble opinion by the group of fans who go along the halfway line, with the 'Dultras' banner. They really have a banner, and that's it. Further from any image of Ultras, either 'old skool stereotype hooligan' or 'modern, peaceful rowdy passionate' style than I could ever imagine.
!

I suppose ultra has a whole new meaning when you have been transported back from the luxury automated communist utopia of the 22nd Century!!!! ;-)

Excellent - well represented. Shame the presenter kept on talking over you.

Last edited:
As for Hadley...they are working with all at the Club, fans,committee & Trust alike, they are NOT planning to build flats...and we are hoping for some sort of future. They ARE planning to build property on our ground BUT WITH A NEW GROUND adjacent on Greendale, to secure the future of the Football Club. And they are open to the possibility about some sort of fan ownership of the Club down the line...if that's uncertainty...well I'll cope with 'uncertaintly' at the moment!
In the name of pedantry. This is, of course, what they've told the public. We have no idea what their true intentions are.

It came as a 'gift' with an issue of the long defunct 'Champion Hill Street Blues'...to be fair, I just expanded on an old idea from the footballer Len Shakleton's autobiography, published in 1956, called "The Clown Prince of Soccer". One chapter of that book was The Average Director's Knowledge of Football. It consisted of a single blank page.

Here's another link to Mad Pete:
http://www.mindfreedom.org/kb/in-memoriam/pete-shaughnessy-mad-pride

One of the links from one of them describes Year Zero as: "A disobedient current affairs quarterly from the UK, put together under fire by mass media journalists who think the mass media sucks."...but the website link is long dead, I presume it doesn't exist anymore.

Pete died, as you will have read in December 2002. I was less than six months into sobirety, and it was probably, one of the toughest mental challenges I've ever had to stay off the drink. It certainly was at the time. I knew afterwards that if I could get through that 'close wobble' I could get through anything...& so far, touch wood, I've still not drank.

The day after he died me, Griff & Andy Tucker went to a Youth Team game away to Kingstonian, played as Cobham. We sung songs about him, & Dulwich of course, throughout the game. The most bizarre was us leaning back over the pitch rail, looking up to the sky, doing mental 'Magnus Pike impressions' with our arms, and singing: "Mad Pete, Mad Pete...give us a wave...", pointing up to that mythical place called heaven, where we pretend we will go to when we die....

Ha, ha!I wonder who the 'modest genius' behind that was? Fair play of you to praise him... ;)

Back
Top Bottom