Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

West Ham booed after winning once. And also enjoy booing their own players - even the ones that are good.

That reminded me of an article I read before the weekend - http://www.theguardian.com/football...ell-withwest-ham-united-fans?CMP=share_btn_tw

I actually went to school with the author, and back then he was a pretty funny guy, so I doubt the article is all that serious. But still, I recognised a lot of my time supporting Charlton in what he says. There were always people sitting around me who would apparently enjoy complaining, and if we were doing well, would look miserable. As a crowd, I think it is easier to moan than to try to stay positive.

I'm obviously preaching to the converted when I say that the experience at Dulwich is on another level. It's not that we don't care about the result, or aren't following what goes on on the pitch (the last minute winner against Margate was incredible). It's just that everyone wants to have fun, first and foremost.

Nice to "meet" you, Dunc. Are you coming tomorrow night? Say hi - pettyboy and I (along with an exec producer who isn't on here) try our best to do a podcast - @forwardhamlet on Twitter. Think you follow us already...

See you soon.

Cheers boss. Yeah I'm listening to the Peter Garland interview right now!

I can't make it tomorrow, I've got masters snooker tickets. I'll try to keep up to speed with the Hamlet game though.

"We've gone, in twenty years, from the commercial representation of football being the Accrington Stanley Milk ad"

Showing your age, Joe...this advert was first run in 1988!

"We've gone, in twenty years, from the commercial representation of football being the Accrington Stanley Milk ad"

Showing your age, Joe...this advert was first run in 1988!

Jesus, I am. To be fair, i'm pretty sure the ad was still shown into the early 1990s, unless my mind is playing tricks on me again.

I couldn't give a toss about what others write about us anymore. At first it was a bit novel but if outsiders/non-regulars are going to comment on what they see, of course there will be inaccuracies and they will fail to see the authentic picture that we all see. I don't think I've met anyone who regularly goes to Champion Hill who I would consider to be a cunt and a major concern of mine is that anyone who is interested in Dulwich, and starts attending games isn't a cunt. If an article or blog about Dulwich appears to appeal to cunts (by my own, very subjective, definition), then I might get high and mighty about it. I certainly couldn't care less about Billericay supporters' opinions of us, unless it involved some cuntish behaviour on our part. I definitely don't want to see any of that.

Now, that's enough about cunts. For me, the real benefit of these articles for Hamlet supporters is for us to be aware of others' perceptions of us, rather than as an opportunity to bitch and moan about how they got this or that wrong. I know this has been covered on another thread but this point is more general. It was probably me who spoke to Billericay fan about not buying a drink from the bar. I didn't chat to him for long but certainly, the point I tried to make was that I would miss the game if I went to the bar. I didn't discuss with him that there were obstacles to resolving this issue that the club and the bar manager were looking into, nor did I explain that I and many others want to support the club financially if the bar queue did not lead to you missing half of the game. But that is by the by, as far as I'm concerned the main point that was made that needs to be sorted is the huge fucking mess that we leave after we've been behind the goal. I know Sibley puts in a shift pretty much every game and I'm as slack as most on this, but I shall be bringing bin bags tomorrow night and hand a few out at the end of each half. When I'm not too drunk to notice, I am a bit embarrassed by all the litter.

Funnily enough, I wasn't sure what I was going to write for the next "All Aboard The Skylark"...it's a sort of small newsletter, which I do to kill a few minutes of the journey to away games on the 'Dooley Bus'. It'll be a bit like a Joe K. post, but without the intellectual, academic big words! ;)

Funnily enough, I wasn't sure what I was going to write for the next "All Aboard The Skylark"...it's a sort of small newsletter, which I do to kill a few minutes of the journey to away games on the 'Dooley Bus'. It'll be a bit like a Joe K. post, but without the intellectual, academic big words! ;)

Spoilers! :confused:

I've cleaned up a couple of times, but recently I haven't been drinking during the game so I guess it's slipped my mind.

I'll help out tomorrow though. And I might be drinking too :)
That's the spirit, so to speak. I mean...if our fans can't even clear up a bit of rubbish after them...how can they be expected to run their own Football Club?:)

" I don't think I've met anyone who regularly goes to Champion Hill who I would consider to be a cunt"

And that's where you & I differ...I certainly know one or two...

I
That's the spirit, so to speak. I mean...if our fans can't even clear up a bit of rubbish after them...how can they be expected to run their own Football Club?:)

I meant to say, surely you should be leaving the football committee after your contribution to misunderstanding of non league at Tooting two years ago, I mean no one litters THAT MUCH at non-league :thumbs:

I

I meant to say, surely you should be leaving the football committee after your contribution to misunderstanding of non league at Tooting two years ago, I mean no one litters THAT MUCH at non-league :thumbs:
That's NOT littering at non-league, it's improving their environment!

Reactions: 000
Gavin Rose praises impact of Dulwich Hamlet winger Luke Wanadio: bit.ly/RoseWanadio

Gavin-Rose-on-Luke-Wanadio.jpg

Be a lot easier and friendlier to users if they weren't forced to register just to see these short post match interviews you're advertising.

Our model is based on hosting our own community, without this we wouldn't be able to produce as much content as we do. The good news is it takes less than 2 minutes sign up, this very small process makes FE and everything we do possible!

Our Goal of the Month videos (including Xavier Vidal's winning December GOTM strike) are open to all users and do not require registration.

I am sure you will agree this is fair, especially considering all post match interviews and news items are free for anyone to view anytime, anywhere.

:thumbs:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi! Only just found this forum.

I attended games sporadically from 2010-2014 and this season I've started going to a lot more home games because I enjoy it so much. Wanted to say that the atmosphere was great on Saturday and I plan to come to away games from now on too.

I'll say hi in person to those that I recognise from chats on Twitter (I have the same username as on here). Should have done so before but I'm quite a reserved fellow :)

Catch some of you soon!

Dunc

2014 - year of the Jacks.
2015 - the Duncs are coming.

Good to hear Gavin talking up Wanadio who looks a fantastic acquisition for us. I think him and Dixon really help pull the side together. Gav has had those kind of players in his most fluid successful sides in the past and we were lacking a bit in both areas at the start of the season.

Um...like you mean we're forced to register to post on here...;)
You're missing the point by a country mile, squire.

There is NO FEE involved with using this site. No charges. Nothing. It's totally free. There are no partnership deals with Nike and Coca Cola. No adverts. No tie-ins. No hidden charges or extras.
ALL of content on the Hamlet forum can be accessed without registering - and the reason you have to register to post here is to stop spammers destroying the place.

Everything here is provided for free by volunteers. And we don't advertise on other forums.

You're missing the point by a country mile, squire.

There is NO FEE involved with using this site. No charges. Nothing. It's totally free. There are no partnership deals with Nike and Coca Cola. No adverts. No tie-ins. No hidden charges or extras.
ALL of content on the Hamlet forum can be accessed without registering - and the reason you have to register to post here is to stop spammers destroying the place.

Everything here is provided for free by volunteers. And we don't advertise on other forums.
No...but Football Exclusives don't have 'hidden charges' either,they are completely up-front for what they charge, & I personally think they give a very good service. The point I was making was not about whether you have to pay or not, but the fact you still have to register...and it wasn't an entirely serious point hence the ";)" thingy in my posting.

I, personally think there is a BIG difference between what you call 'advertising on other forums' and 'plugging' a service, that is of benefit and relevant to the vast majority of Dulwich Hamlet fans.

Fair play to you for managing to provide your excelelnt blogs and messageboards for free, & done by volunteers, with no advertising...but some might say you do a lot of 'corporate placement' of businesses and pubs you like, and people would assume (who knows, rightly or wrongly) that you are 'looked after' by some of those establishments when you visit...

If Football Exclusives were totally free then they simply would not exist. To be honest it's not bad value at all...at the cost monthly, of only one fancy hot dog from the stand behind the goal..

No...but Football Exclusives don't have 'hidden charges' either,they are completely up-front for what they charge, & I personally think they give a very good service. The point I was making was not about whether you have to pay or not, but the fact you still have to register...and it wasn't an entirely serious point hence the ";)" thingy in my posting.
But can you not see how a commercial business only being here to plug their services on a free site that makes a huge point of not allowing adverts may sit rather uncomfortably with me? They're free to add a short post on a relevant thread but it's getting a bit spammy now.
Fair play to you for managing to provide your excelelnt blogs and messageboards for free, & done by volunteers, with no advertising...but some might say you do a lot of 'corporate placement' of businesses and pubs you like, and people would assume (who knows, rightly or wrongly) that you are 'looked after' by some of those establishments when you visit...
I only mention places I like and want to recommend, and to suggest that there's any kind of bias because they supposedly "look after" me or not is actually deeply fucking insulting. I care about what I'm involved with, and that's why I never recommend things I don't like and that's why I've turned down thousands of pounds of advertising and partnerships deals over the years.

I'm making an executive decision here: Football Exclusives can either have their own single thread in which they can advertise all their latest content, or they can add one post to an existing thread on a particular game to advertise any relevant content they have to offer.

I think that is scrupulously fair given that the rules - which everyone else has to adhere to - are very clear:
No advertising. We are not interested in hearing about your company/website/club/gig/song/product. This is a non-profit, community discussion forum, not a free advertising resource and offenders will be banned.
http://www.urban75.net/forums/help/terms
Does that sound reasonable to everyone else?

I actually agree. you are being more than fair by suggesting a seperate thread, entitled 'Football Exclusives latest updates', or something very similar. Then those who want to find out more can click away, & those who aren't interested canignore, without their 'other' threads being 'clogged up'.

Back
Top Bottom