Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

We are giving away 2 signed Dulwich Hamlet footballs to 2 individuals who sign up for a Football Exclusives Premium Account Membership during January 2015.

Winners will be picked at random on Sunday 1st February. SIGN UP HERE

Dulwich-Hamlet-Signed-Footballs.jpg

Exclusive highlights for Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 Billericay Town at Champion Hill in the Ryman Premier League on Saturday 10th January 2015, commentary from Tom Bale. Football Exclusives share all monies raised though our Premium Membership with YOUR Non-League Football Club and YOUR Clubs Local Community. For every £5 Monthly Premium Membership, we give your club:
- £1 to spend on whatever Dulwich Hamlet FC want
- £1 towards a local community project which includes the 12th Man Fund

charlton attack may have been a hoax....

still whole thing shows why there is such a problem attack or troll :(

LONDON 24 NEWS

A group of LGBT football fans were set upon in a pre-planned homophobic attack in London as they prepared to go and watch Charlton Athletic play on Saturday.

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)
Police are investigating after Charlton Rainbows said they were lured to a meeting they believed was with a like-minded group - but it was a hoax.

They tweeted this morning saying when they arrived ahead of their team’s home fixture against Brighton and Hove Albion they were then attacked.

The group said thankfully nobody was seriously injured and officers are now reviewing CCTV, adding: “The thugs will be caught.”

A spokesman for the Met confirmed they had been made aware of the incident and are looking into allegations, and are being supported Sussex Police as they investigate the alleged assaults.

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)
Charlton Rainbows also tweeted to praise the emergency services, and thank those who have come out in support of them, including the Proud Lilywhites – Tottenham Hotspur’s LGBT fan group.

The Rainbows, posting on Twitter as @ProudCAFC, said: “Before yesterday’s match, we were told to meet a group equivalent to ours. Unfortunately, this was a hoax and some members were attacked.

“An investigation’s ongoing with CCTV and statements being taken. We would like to say that the fans involved were neither #bhafc or #CAFC (Brighton or Charlton).

“We would also like to thank the public who helped and the emergency services for their quick response and actions. #LookAtThePositives.

“The solidarity and support shown has been fantastic. These were not real football fans and neither will this put us off going to football.

“Once again, thank you for your continued support. This matter is being dealt with through the correct channels. #StandingTogetherStronger.”
A group of LGBT football fans were set upon in a pre-planned homophobic attack in London as they prepared to go and watch Charlton Athletic play on Saturday.

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)
Police are investigating after Charlton Rainbows said they were lured to a meeting they believed was with a like-minded group - but it was a hoax.

They tweeted this morning saying when they arrived ahead of their team’s home fixture against Brighton and Hove Albion they were then attacked.

The group said thankfully nobody was seriously injured and officers are now reviewing CCTV, adding: “The thugs will be caught.”

A spokesman for the Met confirmed they had been made aware of the incident and are looking into allegations, and are being supported Sussex Police as they investigate the alleged assaults.

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)
Charlton Rainbows also tweeted to praise the emergency services, and thank those who have come out in support of them, including the Proud Lilywhites – Tottenham Hotspur’s LGBT fan group.

The Rainbows, posting on Twitter as @ProudCAFC, said: “Before yesterday’s match, we were told to meet a group equivalent to ours. Unfortunately, this was a hoax and some members were attacked.

“An investigation’s ongoing with CCTV and statements being taken. We would like to say that the fans involved were neither #bhafc or #CAFC (Brighton or Charlton).

“We would also like to thank the public who helped and the emergency services for their quick response and actions. #LookAtThePositives.

“The solidarity and support shown has been fantastic. These were not real football fans and neither will this put us off going to football.

“Once again, thank you for your continued support. This matter is being dealt with through the correct channels. #StandingTogetherStronger.”

LONDON 24 NEWS

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)

image.jpg
(Picture via Twitter)

again, as above and previous page think it was all a hoax and troll account.

still fucking awful

If I was a visiting fan I'd be going: "Fuck me! Five quid for a hot dog!" Even though they are tasty...yet, there's not really been any murmours on here about the cost...maybe we're more 'gentrified' & 'hipster' than we think!
When I go to an away game with anti-can stewards I'm like: "Fuck me! Four quid for a beer!" Maybe all the other Isthmian teams are more 'gentrified' & 'hipster' than we think...
Another interesting article on Dulwich Hamlet, a few small errors and few points we may take issue with - but generally supportive

We should always welcome peoples views on their visit to Champion Hill

We can always learn what we are doing well or could improve

http://thereluctantfootballfan.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/dulwich-hamlets/
I commented on there. Interested to read they seem to think irony is new to football fandom. Have they never seen a fanzine or sarcastically applauded a ref's decision?!

Last edited:
vornstyle76 I can't see your comment.

Author seems a funny chap. He wrote in his blog that it was suspicious the admission fees had risen since the vice article (they haven't the vice journo was a student and paid concessions). When another twitter user pointed out that prices hadn't changed he called the vice journo a liar :D

The thing about our singing. He thought none of us were watching the match bc we didn't react to first Billericay goal. But we did we sang in support of our team. We just didn't react the way he expected so he filled in the gaps with his own assumptions.

The only reaction I would expect to an oppo goal is "oh fuck or bollocks". Are we expected to cheer or something?

I think we're supposed to all go 'oh for fucks sake,' moan a lot about how shit everything is, chuck away our season tickets and start a 'Gavin Out' campaign. Ideally with a plane towing the message.
That's how your supposed to do in the higher leagues. Lots of shouting and abuse the second your team fail to do exactly what you want. And don't forget to boo them off the pitch at half time. That's how to be a real supporter!

Ugh. I love the fact that we sing for our team if the opposing side scores. It shows that we support our team what ever the result.

West Ham booed after winning once. And also enjoy booing their own players - even the ones that are good.

Last edited:
The thing about our singing. He thought none of us were watching the match bc we didn't react to first Billericay goal. But we did we sang in support of our team. We just didn't react the way he expected so he filled in the gaps with his own assumptions.

That's what fans who are having fun do. The best way to gauge how good fans feel about their team is how they react to going behind. I mean, I've even seen it happen at The Valley.

That passage said more about the atmosphere at St James's Park - and maybe in the Premier League, more widely - than anything at Champion Hill.

And "painfully London 'ironic'" - FFS. I spend a lot of time mulling over what I and others find at Dulwich that we've lost elsewhere, and you can only analyse it for so long as it always comes down to one thing - fun.

Still, hopefully he'll come back and learn some more, and he can stop feeling sorry for himself in the Premier League.

When I go to an away game with anti-can stewards I'm like: "Fuck me! Four quid for a beer!" Maybe all the other Isthmian teams are more 'gentrified' & 'hipster' than we think...

I commented on there. Interested to read they seem to think irony is new to football fandom. Have they never seen a fanzine or sarcastically applauded a ref's decision?!

What the fucking fuck? The guy calls MK Dons an 'alternative team' in there, which basically invalidates any claim he has to care about the state of football or even to know anything about it. Love the fact that he's writing from this position of self-appointed expertise from which Dulwich fans literally must be clueless know-nowts, new-to-the-game, Johnny-come-fucking-lately and so on despite not knowing very basic details about club ownership and so on. Really.

Also, and I can see the lad is basically well-meaning and that, but he's fallen into that ridiculous rhetorical trap of unearned northern one-downmanship which makes me hate being from County Durham/ Teesside sometimes. Everyone in London, it seems, exists at some '"ironic"' (note double quote marks to denote his own completely unnecessary use of them - lose Writer Points there, pal) remove from reality as part of some weird conspiracy of ponciness by which authentic emotions are not allowed to be felt (a notion which has always sat uncomfortably with the other northern narrative by which southerners are 'soft' and overemotional) and all experience has to be had through some intellectual prophylactic. I mean, there's no irony in the north is there? It's not as if we built OUR ENTIRE REGIONAL SENSE OF HUMOUR on it or anything, is it? Self-aggrandising northern earthiness can fuck right off.

And Vorn's right. Football has an inherently, intrinsically, immanently ironic dimension: it would be rubbish if not. Losing would be completely intolerable, rather than (vaguely, grimly) funny. In fact, what's happened in recent years is that football has become de-ironised - arguably deliberately - as the media and sporting authorities play up all of this 'passion' bullshit to make us think it's all about winning matches and thereby act as completely unequivocal consumers of the 'product'. You know, that 'my team, right or wrong' thing - it's presented as 'authenticity', but it's only authenticity/ fidelity to a product which costs loads and loads of money. We've gone, in twenty years, from the commercial representation of football being the Accrington Stanley Milk ad - in which football is presented as, in the main, an arena of slightly amusing failure - to a vision in which a match - you know, Leicester v QPR or something like that - is the equivalent of one of those late Roman gladiatorial conquests where they flooded the Colosseum and people actually died.

In short, I agree with Vorn: the most authentic way of watching football is the ironic way.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi! Only just found this forum.

I attended games sporadically from 2010-2014 and this season I've started going to a lot more home games because I enjoy it so much. Wanted to say that the atmosphere was great on Saturday and I plan to come to away games from now on too.

I'll say hi in person to those that I recognise from chats on Twitter (I have the same username as on here). Should have done so before but I'm quite a reserved fellow :)

Catch some of you soon!

Dunc

Ha ha ha, oh glory. Amazing post, Joe!
Self-aggrandising northern earthiness can fuck right off.
That's the next banner right there.
I'll say hi in person to those that I recognise from chats on Twitter (I have the same username as on here). Should have done so before but I'm quite a reserved fellow :)

Catch some of you soon!
People laugh at me now when I say this, but I started off painfully shy when I first came to Dulwich. Took me over a year to start talking to people. And look at me now, dragging the club into disrepute with my histrionics. Be sure to come over and say hi next game (for the purposes of avoiding landlords finding me online I'm ohmyd*c*d*s on twitter).

People laugh at me now when I say this, but I started off painfully shy when I first came to Dulwich. Took me over a year to start talking to people. And look at me now, dragging the club into disrepute with my histrionics. Be sure to come over and say hi next game (for the purposes of avoiding landlords finding me online I'm ohmyd*c*d*s on twitter).

Nice one! Yup I follow you on there. Keep on vining too!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi! Only just found this forum.

I attended games sporadically from 2010-2014 and this season I've started going to a lot more home games because I enjoy it so much. Wanted to say that the atmosphere was great on Saturday and I plan to come to away games from now on too.

Catch some of you soon!

Dunc
Nice to "meet" you, Dunc. Are you coming tomorrow night? Say hi - pettyboy and I (along with an exec producer who isn't on here) try our best to do a podcast - @forwardhamlet on Twitter. Think you follow us already...

See you soon.

I couldn't give a toss about what others write about us anymore. At first it was a bit novel but if outsiders/non-regulars are going to comment on what they see, of course there will be inaccuracies and they will fail to see the authentic picture that we all see. I don't think I've met anyone who regularly goes to Champion Hill who I would consider to be a cunt and a major concern of mine is that anyone who is interested in Dulwich, and starts attending games isn't a cunt. If an article or blog about Dulwich appears to appeal to cunts (by my own, very subjective, definition), then I might get high and mighty about it. I certainly couldn't care less about Billericay supporters' opinions of us, unless it involved some cuntish behaviour on our part. I definitely don't want to see any of that.

Now, that's enough about cunts. For me, the real benefit of these articles for Hamlet supporters is for us to be aware of others' perceptions of us, rather than as an opportunity to bitch and moan about how they got this or that wrong. I know this has been covered on another thread but this point is more general. It was probably me who spoke to Billericay fan about not buying a drink from the bar. I didn't chat to him for long but certainly, the point I tried to make was that I would miss the game if I went to the bar. I didn't discuss with him that there were obstacles to resolving this issue that the club and the bar manager were looking into, nor did I explain that I and many others want to support the club financially if the bar queue did not lead to you missing half of the game. But that is by the by, as far as I'm concerned the main point that was made that needs to be sorted is the huge fucking mess that we leave after we've been behind the goal. I know Sibley puts in a shift pretty much every game and I'm as slack as most on this, but I shall be bringing bin bags tomorrow night and hand a few out at the end of each half. When I'm not too drunk to notice, I am a bit embarrassed by all the litter.

I've cleaned up a couple of times, but recently I haven't been drinking during the game so I guess it's slipped my mind.

I'll help out tomorrow though. And I might be drinking too :)

I couldn't give a toss about what others write about us anymore. At first it was a bit novel but if outsiders/non-regulars are going to comment on what they see, of course there will be inaccuracies and they will fail to see the authentic picture that we all see. I don't think I've met anyone who regularly goes to Champion Hill who I would consider to be a cunt and a major concern of mine is that anyone who is interested in Dulwich, and starts attending games isn't a cunt. If an article or blog about Dulwich appears to appeal to cunts (by my own, very subjective, definition), then I might get high and mighty about it. I certainly couldn't care less about Billericay supporters' opinions of us, unless it involved some cuntish behaviour on our part. I definitely don't want to see any of that.

Now, that's enough about cunts. For me, the real benefit of these articles for Hamlet supporters is for us to be aware of others' perceptions of us, rather than as an opportunity to bitch and moan about how they got this or that wrong. I know this has been covered on another thread but this point is more general. It was probably me who spoke to Billericay fan about not buying a drink from the bar. I didn't chat to him for long but certainly, the point I tried to make was that I would miss the game if I went to the bar. I didn't discuss with him that there were obstacles to resolving this issue that the club and the bar manager were looking into, nor did I explain that I and many others want to support the club financially if the bar queue did not lead to you missing half of the game. But that is by the by, as far as I'm concerned the main point that was made that needs to be sorted is the huge fucking mess that we leave after we've been behind the goal. I know Sibley puts in a shift pretty much every game and I'm as slack as most on this, but I shall be bringing bin bags tomorrow night and hand a few out at the end of each half. When I'm not too drunk to notice, I am a bit embarrassed by all the litter.

Maybe I should start a blog Tall Beard.

Back
Top Bottom