Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

But can you not see how a commercial business only being here to plug their services on a free site that makes a huge point of not allowing adverts may sit rather uncomfortably with me? They're free to add a short post on a relevant thread but it's getting a bit spammy now.
I only mention places I like and want to recommend, and to suggest that there's any kind of bias because they supposedly "look after" me or not is actually deeply fucking insulting. I care about what I'm involved with, and that's why I never recommend things I don't like and that's why I've turned down thousands of pounds of advertising and partnerships deals over the years.
I did say 'some might say'...not neccessarily my opinion. Apologies for spreading unfounded terrace tittle-tattle from others.

I came across FE through this forum, and am very glad I did. Fiver a month for match highlights strikes me as good value indeed, especially when 40% of that finds its way back to DHFC. They're being allowed leeway against the rules, but it's a service that benefits the fanbase (IMO), so that's warranted.

Speaking of things that cost a fiver, will the wurst man be in attendance tonight? I've not made a midweek evening match since he 'popped up' at the Kingstonian match. I'll skip dinner if so.

The hotdog bloke was at the last midweek match, so I assume so. The one with cheese in is very tasty.

Sounds good to me editor. I like the footyexclusives service a lot but that seems very reasonable.

Re DICKO... Amazing record innit pettyboy? Not purely coincidental I'd say. I think he offers a bit of everything.

PS - Only just realised how few people on here talk about the actual football (players, performances, formations, other teams in the Prem). Not a problem, like - just struck me all of a sudden that it's quite unusual for a forum like this.

Sounds good to me editor. I like the footyexclusives service a lot but that seems very reasonable.

Re DICKO... Amazing record innit pettyboy? Not purely coincidental I'd say. I think he offers a bit of everything.

PS - Only just realised how few people on here talk about the actual football (players, performances, formations, other teams in the Prem). Not a problem, like - just struck me all of a sudden that it's quite unusual for a forum like this.

You need Moroccan Sunset for that - he knows that Gavin can't reach him so he has lots of opinions.

I increasingly think that he's been a superb signing. He looks like a 'proper' footballer, which is only partly because of his haircut. He's got the size and muscle to offer Vidal a bit of protection but he's a lot more than an enforcer - he carries the ball well and helps us keep our impetus up, which is something I think we missed a bit last season, particularly when KJ didn't play. I think he's taken a fair bit of pressure off the defense as well.

that's because this thread is general chat. Have to go in the game threads for that duuuuuuh :D:p:thumbs:

Good to hear Gavin talking up Wanadio who looks a fantastic acquisition for us. I think him and Dixon really help pull the side together. Gav has had those kind of players in his most fluid successful sides in the past and we were lacking a bit in both areas at the start of the season.

Agreed. Wanadio had the beating of his man every time, it's just his end product which needs improvement (which can be said for a lot of wide players generally). Dixon was a great signing; he's brought a physical presence to our midfield that we miss with players like Vidal and Samuals and seems pretty good on the ball as well.

Yeah, agree re Dicko offering more muscle than others in there. It'll be interesting to see how Samuels slots back in again - if at all.

Yeah, agree re Dicko offering more muscle than others in there. It'll be interesting to see how Samuels slots back in again - if at all.

To my mind, Kershaney will always be the fresh-faced, incredibly friendly youth product full-back from promotion season. I still can't get my head round him being a midfielder, even though he's good at it.

Yup, he's done great for us Samuels and Gav clearly loves him. I think we have more options now so looks to me like he'll be a utility player off the bench for rest of the season. And he'd be a damn fine one at that, I'm sure. Glad he's come back so (relatively) quickly. He went down like screaming death at Peacehaven.

To my mind, Kershaney will always be the fresh-faced, incredibly friendly youth product full-back from promotion season. I still can't get my head round him being a midfielder, even though he's good at it.
Aye - FTH had him in DM in the 'Team of 2014' we did last night. Would love everyone to have a look and comment:

Across all the threads though Scutta. Very little footy chat. Interesting.
Yeah..but this is the 'New-veau' forum...and everyone knows they're not there for the game, in fact these lazy student hipsters don't even notice when the opposition score. where were they when we were shit? ;)

Yeah..but this is the 'New-veau' forum...and everyone knows they're not there for the game, in fact these lazy student hipsters don't even notice when the opposition score. where were they when we were shit? ;)
old_man_fishing-374x306.jpg

I think the whole team have just looked so much more balanced I partially think the changes at fullback have been responsible for this as they have vastly improved since the beginning of the season and we look a threat from there as well now.

Reactions: SDE
FTH... Erhun on his own up front? Never. Couldn't argue too much with the rest of it though. I'd move Erhun back, put Ots on up front and sacrifice Kershaney.

FTH... Erhun on his own up front? Never. Couldn't argue too much with the rest of it though. I'd move Erhun back, put Ots on up front and sacrifice Kershaney.
Harry just missed the cut due to only playing a handful of games in 2014 - moved Erhun up top for his finishing. Good point though.

Reactions: SDE
Personally, credit where credit is due... I think the team has improved since Hadley Property took over running the Club...
Can you imagine where we would, if we had even survived, if McCormack would have still been running things?

Urgh. McCormack. That all seems so long ago now. I guess he's no longer in contact with anyone associated with the club???

You have to remember, by his own admission, one of the FTH team isn't even a Dulwich Hamlet fan...

Back
Top Bottom