Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I will bring this up at the next trust meeting. Vegetarian/Vegan food options.

i guess it would be worth trying to find out if there is any call. if it's just me who'd eat it on the rare occasion he can get down then there's no point!

i guess it would be worth trying to find out if there is any call. if it's just me who'd eat it on the rare occasion he can get down then there's no point!

I would welcome a decent veggie option. There are other Hamlet fans who come down that don't eat meat as well.

I'm wondering if there might be some people that would up a for a veggie thing because it's likely to be halal/kosher as well.

Tbf i don't actually know what's on offer but will check tomorrow

if there isn't then we need to rectify it and will bring it up with the trust. It may however be case similar to the sausages of getting another stall in and test the demand. So if anyone knows any local people doing vegan/veggie food stalls then let me know.

Again though, it's down to 'market forces'...if only a small number of the crowd would want veggie stuff, then not only would the vendor have to clear their 'profit margin', but they would have to cover their 'pitch fee' for their stand.

With regard to 'pop up' food, I know I use that 'modern/hipster' phrase because that's what people call those sort of things, but surely that's what a 'traditional' non-league tea bar is anyway...just selling stuff from an empty room, that's not in use otherwise, for a few hours a week, not a permanent business on a site?

Scutta
To avoid the issue that Mishi raises, wouldn't it make sense to have someone in that would do a decent veggie option rather than having a separate veggie vendor?

To be honest, I think the 'veggie' thing should be put on the 'back burner'...until we get the basics of a tea bar right...you know...a tea bar that serves tea!

Again though, it's down to 'market forces'...if only a small number of the crowd would want veggie stuff, then not only would the vendor have to clear their 'profit margin', but they would have to cover their 'pitch fee' for their stand.
It's not just veggies that eat non-meat snacks and it's hardly a massive inconvenience for a stall to offer at least one veggie option. And it is important: a large amount of people people don't eat meat for a variety of reasons and excluding them doesn't feel right to me. I don't eat meat and if I was a visiting fan I'd be quite put out by the fact that there's none on offer.

That is, of course, valid...my point, maybe clumsily made, was that, perhaps, we should the very simple basics right, before trying to 'improve' what we offer..and,actually, if I was a visiting fan I'd be going: "Fuck me! Five quid for a hot dog!" Even though they are tasty...yet, there's not really been any murmours on here about the cost...maybe we're more 'gentrified' & 'hipster' than we think!

I know, maybe a 'pop-up vegetarian cereal bar'...;)

It's not just veggies that eat non-meat snacks and it's hardly a massive inconvenience for a stall to offer at least one veggie option. And it is important: a large amount of people people don't eat meat for a variety of reasons and excluding them doesn't feel right to me. I don't eat meat and if I was a visiting fan I'd be quite put out by the fact that there's none on offer.

There's been a few changes with the food on offer recently so I'm not sure if there's a veggie option or not. As Scutta suggests let's find out today.

This tweet has just gone up
had to reproduce here

"We are the Swaggering Dandies" (can someone fill us in on the background)

The ComFast Chapter ‏@ComFastChapter
1f3b5.png
WE ARE THE SWAGGERING DANDIES!! WE ARE THE SWAGGERING DANDIES!! WE ARE THE SWAGGERING DANDIES!! WE ARE THE SWAGGERING DANDIES!!!
1f3b5.png
#

Tea bar seemed to be coping reasonably well today. Long queue.

The hot dogs are expensive, but good lord, they are tasty. I couldn't wait until half time and had to sate my appetite at only 15 minutes in. Yum yum in my tum.

Beer queue was horrendous, but I guess that's just a product of the larger gates. I can't help but feel we could be doing something to alleviate that. A bar outside isn't permissible right, based on the license?

I'm trying to upload a screenshot but my browser/this site is being a dick.

I was perusing a certain fash hoolie gang (pie and mash squad) facebook page who stated that if the Clapton game was off they'd head down to Dulwich.

The Clapton game was on but you may get a visit by these idiots at some point.

Another thought struck me today as I was making my way around the ground.

That brutalist wall by the toilets, where the kids are usually kicking a ball about - we should give them a few pink and blue spray cans and tell them to paint their imaginations. It's a fucking horrible wall.

Given the great increase in attendances would love to know (even if just general terms) how things are going for the bar, food outlets and especially the club shop) hopefully we are raising some good money for the club and our community activities (as we should as a progressive club)

Given the great increase in attendances would love to know (even if just general terms) how things are going for the bar, food outlets and especially the club shop) hopefully we are raising some good money for the club and our community activities (as we should as a progressive club)

DHST published 2013 accounts recently and there is an article around August on mid-year shop sales. See website. Needless to say, it's going very well, leading to the Trust giving over £1400 to the club.

I'd also be interested in seeing the club's latest figures. The bar is clearly doing very well, and is exceeding its capacity to cope at half time.

Great game yesterday. Two great goals (I reckon Wanadio's was the best headed goal I've seen in my 4 years, though admittedly there's only been about four to choose from), great atmosphere... and someone crowdsurfing!
"We are the Swaggering Dandies" (can someone fill us in on the background)
All is revealed in the latest episode of Forward The Hamlet (the whole thing's worth a listen, but it's the Pink Panther interview starting about 18min in).
Yeah that has been noticed (to DrRingDing).
The people in question have been threatening Clapton with a 'visit' for months now but not actually done it, presumably because of their lack of numbers. Considering we have crowds six or seven times bigger, and even our away following is comparable to Clapton's home games, and (as I exhaustively argue here) we are actually a gloriously normal football club, I can't see this happening.

Edit: And speaking of dickheads, someone attacked a gay Charlton fan group..

Last edited:
Great game yesterday. Two great goals (I reckon Wanadio's was the best headed goal I've seen in my 4 years, though admittedly there's only been about four to choose from), great atmosphere... and someone crowdsurfing!

All is revealed in the latest episode of Forward The Hamlet (the whole thing's worth a listen, but it's the Pink Panther interview starting about 18min in).

The people in question have been threatening Clapton with a 'visit' for months now but not actually done it, presumably because of their lack of numbers. Considering we have crowds six or seven times bigger, and even our away following is comparable to Clapton's home games, and (as I exhaustively argue here) we are actually a gloriously normal football club, I can't see this happening.

Edit: And speaking of dickheads, someone attacked a gay Charlton fan group..

Dulwich Mishi was thinking maybe should we invite these guys down to the stonewall match as a bit of solidarity.... this is fucking awful

I've dropped them a line on Twitter. Never heard of them before, but sitting at The Valley yesterday through pricks singing "we can see you holding hands", etc, at Brighton fans made me wonder why I still bother going there.

The thread on the Charlton forum, Charlton Life, is very depressing reading. I'm ashamed.

I've dropped them a line on Twitter. Never heard of them before, but sitting at The Valley yesterday through pricks singing "we can see you holding hands", etc, at Brighton fans made me wonder why I still bother going there.

The thread on the Charlton forum, Charlton Life, is very depressing reading. I'm ashamed.

Why don't you post this link http://dhst.org.uk/anti-homophobia-banner-presented-to-altona-93/ - and let Charlton fans know that if they are fed up with this crap then there is an alternative nearby.

thanks darryl, I have also tweeted alongside that, hopefully we will be able to show them support in person if they come to the game against Stonewall FC

Why don't you post this link http://dhst.org.uk/anti-homophobia-banner-presented-to-altona-93/ - and let Charlton fans know that if they are fed up with this crap then there is an alternative nearby.

Good idea pompeydunc

Back
Top Bottom