Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

"Racism and beer throwing"

Maidstone keep saying they are going to sort it out (I know some fans are keen to sort it out ....but)

but this is not the first season this has happened

and to blame larger crowds is just absolutely ridiculous (were getting bigger crowds and we get (nor expect) any different behaviour

Its totally unacceptable behaviour

As at Dulwich Hamlet its not just the club but the fans who need to stop this behaviour

Action speaks louder than words

Last edited:
As you know, we're coming over for a friendly on July 11th this year. One of our board members asked me to put a question here. I've discussed it with Mishi and he agreed, that this would be a good idea. Here we go:

Does anybody have an idea for a hotel, where our team, the officials and some supporters (round about 100 persons altogether) can stay for that weekend? We've got some in mind, but you're locals and have better hints, probably!?

We're all looking forward to that match!

Thanks a lot for your efforts,
jan.

Peckham Lodge springs to mind. Certainly not the most salubrious environs, but it's the only place nearby I can think of that might be able to handle such a large booking. About a 15-20 min walk from the ground and very reasonably priced.

Peckham Lodge springs to mind. Certainly not the most salubrious environs, but it's the only place nearby I can think of that might be able to handle such a large booking. About a 15-20 min walk from the ground and very reasonably priced.

I was thinking the same. Can it really hold 100 though?

Was thinking also about some of the Hotels up at Crystal Palace (various quality)

I think Crystal Palace athletics have some accommodation ?

But some of the local private schools will be closed for summer hols and have accommodation ?

or could squat Dulwich police station (half jokingly)

Maybe its something Southwark Council could help facilitate

Have the play-off dates been announced yet? Quick Googling revealed nothing...
Last season the semi finals for our division were on the WEDNESDAY after the final league match, and the final on Mayday bank holiday Monday. For the last three seasons or so the Division 1 North final has been on the Saturday, the D1S final on the Sunday, and the Premier Division final on the Monday of the early May bank hoiday weekend. I'll be surprised if that changes, but if anyone can confirm please do.

Fascist attack's on Clapton FC anti fascists fans

Lets stay safe - no pasaran

http://antifascistnetwork.org/2015/01/05/kick-off-at-clapton-fc/

Clapton FC fans Article

If you were paying attention, you may have heard news about a fascist attack on anti-fascist fans of Clapton FC just before Christmas. We reported elements of this on our twitter feed at the time, but here’s some further info to update you and to fill in some of the background…

Clapton FC is a small football club in a very diverse area of East London, playing in the Essex Senior League. For three seasons now they have gathered an enthusiastic and dedicated following calling themselves the ‘Clapton Ultras’. This dedicated anti-racist, anti-fascist and pro-working class group of fans has resulted in Clapton seeing some of the highest turnouts for matches in their League, drawing in people pissed off with the extortionate price and soulless atmosphere of many major-league clubs. The ‘Ultras’ have also got involved with the local community, supporting the Focus E15 mothers, anti-immigration raids campaigns and collecting donations for local foodbanks.

Somewhere along the line this development attracted the attention of the extreme right-wing internet group ‘Casuals United’, who taking great objection to there being a group of overtly anti-racist, anti-fascist football fans started encouraging their internet followers to go and attack the Clapton Ultras.

In October a small group of ‘Casuals’ supporters visited Clapton’s ground, posing for a photo and sticking up some racist stickers and scarpering before anyone noticed. Afterwards the fascists re-grouped and headed into central London where they carried out attacks on several individuals attending the Occupy event in Parliament Square.

In December this gathering campaign of intimidation finally resulted in two organised and pre-meditated attacks on Clapton fans at an away match on Saturday 20th in Southend.

This group of extreme right supporters had travelled from around the country in order to attack Clapton fans. They did not attend the match but preferred to try and ambush fans going to and from the game.

Attempting to make up for their dismal failure, the ‘Casuals’ and their racist friends have been muttering darkly about another attempt to attack Clapton fans. They have also been trying to get to Clapton fans by launching complaints to the Football Association about the Ultras and by hoping that their threats to turn up and cause trouble will land the club with a large policing bill.

All anti-fascists in London and further afield should consider attending Clapton games in the new year to show them some support (and also to have a great time and meet some lovely people!)

Just thought I'd share the below comments on the Champion Hill experience, posted on a Palace forum by the guy that does the yummy wurst behind the goal. Last sentence is the best. :thumbs:

I've started doing hot dogs at Dulwich Hamlets home games since the Kingstonian game. I was approached by the owners of the club as a result of consultation with the supporters trust, who complained about the quality of food offering. As a local street food trader having recently been listed by the Evening Standard & Esquire in lists of top 5 hot dogs in London, the club approached me.
I've got to say, New Years day aside (I'd only had about 3 hours sleep & was very hungover - sorry), it's great.
The atmosphere is brilliant & you can really sense that both in & off the pitch Dulwich Hamlet are going places. I am so happy to be serving food in that enviroment, I just love being at the football in a regular basis. My 9 year old not (sic) is already now a Hamlets fan as well as a palace fan

As you know, we're coming over for a friendly on July 11th this year. One of our board members asked me to put a question here. I've discussed it with Mishi and he agreed, that this would be a good idea. Here we go:

Does anybody have an idea for a hotel, where our team, the officials and some supporters (round about 100 persons altogether) can stay for that weekend? We've got some in mind, but you're locals and have better hints, probably!?

We're all looking forward to that match!

Thanks a lot for your efforts,
jan.

all to nah not sure if it's too late, but this could be a good option - http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/The-Lodge-at-Crystal-Palace/London/46276?HostelNumber=46276&affiliate=trivagohotels&DateStart=2015-02-24&NumNights=2&Currency=GBP&Persons=1&dynamicSearchFlag=1.

Fair enough posting...but fuck me, is is going to get a moan from me at the Leiston match next Tuesday! Fortunately, for him, I'm working this Saturday!

Just thought I'd share the below comments on the Champion Hill experience, posted on a Palace forum by the guy that does the yummy wurst behind the goal. Last sentence is the best. :thumbs:

On the reference to the Supporters Trust, we didn't raise the quality of the food. The concerns raised by supporters, which we in turn raised with Hadley, was more on the speed of service and the lack of food. It's great that they have brought in another option, which hopefully has reduced the queue at the tea bar. Has it? [I remain concerned of reports that the tea bar doesn't serve hot drinks and directs people to the already too busy bar.]

We did make it clear that the price needs to be kept low, or at least if it has to be more that the average football price, then cheaper options must be maintained. Happily I see that the tea bar is still a cheaper opiton.

Thankfully both options are better than the absolute bile I had the misfortune to eat at Kingstonian earlier this season:

On the reference to the Supporters Trust, we didn't raise the quality of the food. The concerns raised by supporters, which we in turn raised with Hadley, was more on the speed of service and the lack of food. It's great that they have brought in another option, which hopefully has reduced the queue at the tea bar. Has it? [I remain concerned of reports that the tea bar doesn't serve hot drinks and directs people to the already too busy bar.]

We did make it clear that the price needs to be kept low, or at least if it has to be more that the average football price, then cheaper options must be maintained. Happily I see that the tea bar is still a cheaper opiton.

Thankfully both options are better than the absolute bile I had the misfortune to eat at Kingstonian earlier this season:

Reckon £1.75 of that was for the abstract art piece Rebus in Ketchup, unless you did that yourself, in which case I'd like to buy some of your work.

I've given up trying to find the ever-shifting tea bar at half time now and am reduced to dashing out to the loathsome Starbucks as it's the only way I'm going to get a coffee in a reasonably timely fashion. I think I may start bringing a flask, although I'd much rather give my money to Hamlet.

John and Roz get married in New Zealand

I am sure we on the Curva del Transpontine #Rabble wish them all the very best for the future

I have no idea what the 'Curva del Transpontine #Rabble is!

However, as one of the 'Rabble' from behind the goal...I wish them all the best.

I've given up trying to find the ever-shifting tea bar at half time now and am reduced to dashing out to the loathsome Starbucks as it's the only way I'm going to get a coffee in a reasonably timely fashion. I think I may start bringing a flask, although I'd much rather give my money to Hamlet.
Ah, the football flask....now we're talking Old Skool Football! Whatever next...a transistor radio for the half-time scores?

Ah, the football flask....now we're talking Old Skool Football! Whatever next...a transistor radio for the half-time scores?
My solo attempts to revive the old school scarf threaded through the trouser belt loop miserably.

PA-9949731-3.jpg

My solo attempts to revive the old school scarf threaded through the trouser belt loop miserably.

PA-9949731-3.jpg

The good old days. I cant understand why Arsenal fans are being chucked out from the Northbank by taking them right around the pitch though?

It's great that they have brought in another option, which hopefully has reduced the queue at the tea bar. Has it? [I remain concerned of reports that the tea bar doesn't serve hot drinks and directs people to the already too busy bar.]
I don't use the teabar myself (it always intrigues me that so many people do at football, as I doubt they normally eat between 3pm and 5pm!) but at the Leatherhead game the teabar queue was almost reaching the turnstiles at half time, meaning I couldn't get to the 12th man table. Having a teabar that doesn't serve hot drinks in the middle of winter is absurd. Why exactly is it not possible to do this?

I do have the odd alcoholic drink at a Hamlet game (more frequently in the bar after)

But I am aware many don't drink for a variety of reasons, and really think its important to respect that

Surely its a right of all football fans to have a cup of tea at half time (it a ritual for many and warms you up when cold)

please can we resolve this

I do have the odd alcoholic drink at a Hamlet game (more frequently in the bar after)

But I am aware many don't drink for a variety of reasons, and really think its important to respect that

Surely its a right of all football fans to have a cup of tea at half time (it a ritual for many and warms you up when cold)

please can we resolve this

Spoke to Stephan last night. He (now) gets that the tea bar is for simple hot drinks and is sacred at football. I hope we don't see any further messing with that. Do report back after Saturday. I understand if you want a posher coffee, then that will still be available at the bar upstairs. He also has plans for developing a further food point, and is still working on a variation of the license to serve beer outside (e.g. cans from the tea bar).

Spoke to Stephan last night. He (now) gets that the tea bar is for simple hot drinks and is sacred at football. I hope we don't see any further messing with that. Do report back after Saturday. I understand if you want a posher coffee, then that will still be available at the bar upstairs. He also has plans for developing a further food point, and is still working on a variation of the license to serve beer outside (e.g. cans from the tea bar).

That sounds all very positive - thanks for progressing

Back
Top Bottom