Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Good chance to improve our position over the anext month. Next 5 league games agsinst teams around us, 4 of which are at home. I know i might be optimistic but after seeing all the games apart from Horsham away i can see definite improvement. 8 points from last 4 league games 3 of which were away. We do not good on plastic i admit but i am more hopeful than i have been all season.

As promised:

Sorry it's a bit later than we originally agreed to do these, mine and Hak's calendar haven't allowed us to catch up like this. If anyone has any further questions, grab me saturday from the press area and i can take you down to chat with Hak :)

Really helpful I think and I know we will never know everything and nor would I expect that but I think it’s great to have that every few weeks or whenever possible felt it flowed better than the initial one as well, grateful for you helping make that happen

Really helpful I think and I know we will never know everything and nor would I expect that but I think it’s great to have that every few weeks or whenever possible felt it flowed better than the initial one as well, grateful for you helping make that happen
Thank you! Yes certainly flowed better, and you got a lovely look into mine and Hak’s homes 😂

As promised:

Sorry it's a bit later than we originally agreed to do these, mine and Hak's calendar haven't allowed us to catch up like this. If anyone has any further questions, grab me saturday from the press area and i can take you down to chat with Hak :)

Thanks for posting this up, but could I make a tiny suggestion? Having the light on behind you means that you have light streaks across the screen and that you're half bleached out.
Even a really cheap light in front of you (with the one above you turned off) will make it look loads better.

Thanks for posting this up, but could I make a tiny suggestion? Having the light on behind you means that you have light streaks across the screen and that you're half bleached out.
Even a really cheap light in front of you (with the one above you turned off) will make it look loads better.

You’re right

Sadly my home is a building site at the moment and this is the only semi decent place to be doing this at the moment! When I do these from university they’ll look a lot cleaner 😂

Clearly does not give a shit about last nights cup
It's no wonder we lost with his shit attitude to cup competitions. I don't suppose it occurred to him that Hamlet fans would fucking love a decent cup run. In any competition.

And if he's now saying he only did it to try out other players, what's the point of losing at the first hurdle?

It's no wonder we lost with his shit attitude to cup competitions. I don't suppose it occurred to him that Hamlet fans would fucking love a decent cup run. In any competition.

And if he's now saying he only did it to try out other players, what's the point of losing at the first hurdle?

I don't really understand why managers do it, and it's very commonplace these days for all cup matches. We've got 4 fewer league matches than in recent seasons, plus we've only played 3 matches in the two national cups, so it's not really as if first choice players need a rest. I'd rather see us field a recognised first XI in these cups and arrange "B team" friendlies on an ad hoc basis when we need to assess squad players

The decade of success, starting back in 2011, began with a 5-1 win at Leatherhead in the semi-final of this competition. Followed by the final at Metropolitan Police against Wingate & Finchley, when about 300 Hamlet fans turned out, which was more than were getting for home games at time. I remember we dinosaurs being gobsmacked by the turnout, including lapsed supporters not seen for years. Although we lost that final we went on to gatecrash the play-offs by winning 8 of our last 11 league games, returning to Leatherhead for the promotion final with hundreds of supporters again making the journey. Despite a second final defeat within a few weeks, this sequence for me was the catalyst for the success that followed, primarily the two promotions in 2013 and 2018.

I don't really understand why managers do it, and it's very commonplace these days for all cup matches. We've got 4 fewer league matches than in recent seasons, plus we've only played 3 matches in the two national cups, so it's not really as if first choice players need a rest. I'd rather see us field a recognised first XI in these cups and arrange "B team" friendlies on an ad hoc basis when we need to assess squad players

The decade of success, starting back in 2011, began with a 5-1 win at Leatherhead in the semi-final of this competition. Followed by the final at Metropolitan Police against Wingate & Finchley, when about 300 Hamlet fans turned out, which was more than were getting for home games at time. I remember we dinosaurs being gobsmacked by the turnout, including lapsed supporters not seen for years. Although we lost that final we went on to gatecrash the play-offs by winning 8 of our last 11 league games, returning to Leatherhead for the promotion final with hundreds of supporters again making the journey. Despite a second final defeat within a few weeks, this sequence for me was the catalyst for the success that followed, primarily the two promotions in 2013 and 2018.
This is what a final can mean for the fans

This is what a final can mean for the fans

A lovely video. It also shows what an atmosphere you can generate when you have a simple corrugated iron roof behind a goal!

Back
Top Bottom