Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

This is the bit I can’t get my head around - the club needs people to give up their time but apart from the occasional “We need volunteers, get in touch!” on social media it’s then all on the individual to take the initiative and find out what it all entails before they can assess whether it’s something they can do or not. And given the current paucity of volunteers that’s apparently not happening.

That the club isn't willing to proactively provide even basic information to try and get people interested fries my brain.
Seeing as there's still nothing from the Cheshunt game on the official site (they could have used mine or Max's if they'd asked), I've given their request for media volunteers a plug on Buzz

Fans forums return to improve communication… in eight weeks time, a month before the end of the current season and in 24/25.

Hi Folks

Kian here the clubs Media Coordinator 👋

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all.

Obviously top of the agenda is improving communication between the club and supporters and we’ve got a couple of ideas on how we can do that pretty quickly.

Things like posting the training update last night etc just to provide you with an insight into what’s happening with the first team.

Other things have also started today will be the first of fortnightly updates with Hakan to keep you all up to date with everything first team. You can watch it here:

Hakan mentions about going down and speaking to him after games in his office or grabbing him in the bar, if you want to do that and chat to him then just come find me on a matchday and I’ll arrange it.

We’re hoping to do similar fortnightly updates with Ryan on the Women’s team, it’s just about sorting logistics etc.

Happy for you guys to email me what you want from our media/comms and send me any feedback that you have etc email is: kianward@dulwichhamletfc.co.uk Or drop me a message on Twitter @kianwardgk

I know a few said our ticket posting was excessive and I’d agree but it works we’ve sold over 1600 tickets for Saturday that’s without including season ticket holders so it looks like we could be in for an even bigger crowd than the one against Concord so please ARRIVE EARLY 😂

We’re still on the hunt for volunteers some photographers would be lovely 😉 as well as people to help cover out Women’s team too!

Anyway see you all tomorrow!

Some good ideas there so one thing I’m concerned about is this “open access” to the manager post match, either in the bar or his office. This was something that was proposed in regards to speaking to Ben or other club officers on the terraces during games. The potential problem here is that things may become heated either because of the passion of the game or because a supporter may have consumed too much beer. Hopefully this is something taken into consideration.

As we are going to include the women’s team can this be extended to include the Reserves who are currently top of Division One North of the London & South East WRFL?

As we are going to include the women’s team can this be extended to include the Reserves who are currently top of Division One North of the London & South East WRFL?
There’s currently an interview process for the reserves team manager but we can definitely extend it to them when they are in post and settled!

Thanks for mentioning how many tickets have been sold. It does put me off though to hear the crowd will be bigger than the Concorde match, i thought that was about the limit before things start getting uncomfortable.

Great to hear that interview, thanks for posting it up.

I have a question, are Hakan and his assistant full-time employees of the club or are they part-time with other jobs on the side?

Hi Kian . Good to have regular interviews. Perhaps better weekly after training on the Thursday before the Saturday games. Also an interview with Ben about the new ground developments as the Fans Forum is a while away . I think he mentioned last time that the Vodaphone mast removal was the next hurdle. How is that progressing. It may be answered in tomorrow's programme of course. Also. How many season ticket holders do we have?

There’s currently an interview process for the reserves team manager but we can definitely extend it to them when they are in post and settled!
Helen is still the reserve team caretaker manager and is someone who has been involved with this team both as a player & taking charge off-field. If she is happy to speak to the media then I see no problem with a female voice talking about our female players.

Hi Folks

Obviously top of the agenda is improving communication between the club and supporters and we’ve got a couple of ideas on how we can do that pretty quickly.

Things like posting the training update last night etc just to provide you with an insight into what’s happening with the first team.

Other things have also started today will be the first of fortnightly updates with Hakan to keep you all up to date with everything first team. You can watch it here:

Hakan mentions about going down and speaking to him after games in his office or grabbing him in the bar, if you want to do that and chat to him then just come find me on a matchday and I’ll arrange it.

We’re hoping to do similar fortnightly updates with Ryan on the Women’s team, it’s just about sorting logistics etc.

Happy for you guys to email me what you want from our media/comms and send me any feedback that you have etc email is: kianward@dulwichhamletfc.co.uk Or drop me a message on Twitter @kianwardgk

I know a few said our ticket posting was excessive and I’d agree but it works we’ve sold over 1600 tickets for Saturday that’s without including season ticket holders so it looks like we could be in for an even bigger crowd than the one against Concord so please ARRIVE EARLY 😂

We’re still on the hunt for volunteers some photographers would be lovely 😉 as well as people to help cover out Women’s team too!

Welcome Kian. Good luck, and enjoy!

You're in a role when you will never get 100% agreement from everyone on what it said, posted, done etc! So don't take any inevitable comments personally. It can really drain you mentally if you work over in your head too much every little comment. Focus on the bigger picture and what you enjoy about the role. And if in doubt, then Pink Panther is the one to listen to!

You're in a role when you will never get 100% agreement from everyone on what it said, posted, done etc! So don't take any inevitable comments personally. It can really drain you mentally if you work over in your head too much every little comment. Focus on the bigger picture and what you enjoy about the role. And if in doubt, then Pink Panther is the one to listen to!
That I can agree with. There are stories I could tell about individuals involved with this club over the years that would make any sane person walk away from volunteering at a football club. Thankfully the decline in my physical health allowed me to get a grip on my mental health and step back. Not that that’s put an end to some of the rumours that seem to be drifting around the Hill according to people I spoke to on my last visit to a men’s game.

Hi Folks

Good to have this in place and an update on some of the players who have departed. Although I’m still none the wiser about what will happen to Ruddy, but I guess that’s a decision to be made re 4 keepers and who will be the 2 we stick with

Good to have this in place and an update on some of the players who have departed. Although I’m still none the wiser about what will happen to Ruddy, but I guess that’s a decision to be made re 4 keepers and who will be the 2 we stick with
Oh and still no word on Sanchez!

Spot on, same at all clubs. Welcome, Kian!

Anyone know what’s the deal with Shokunbi? Another one who’s disappeared from the squad and can’t say I’ve seen him at any games at all recently

I think you're probably supposed to think it's some nice pictures of some people at the football

I guess it was the "a football club like no other", without anything in the content that backs that up? There are certainly things that the club and supporters do that are special (if not unique) but I can't see that pictured here. So "what's the takeaway" read, why is the club like no other from these pics?

Back
Top Bottom