Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Nine years ago, Four Four Two mag's review of Dulwich Hamlet's trip to Kingstonian read:
"At more than 450 the attendance is good, but it's also heavily boosted by over 100 travelling Dulwich Hamlet fans, who begin chanting before kick-off and only give up around Thursday morning"

This was a bloody great trip. Different world now, sadly.

1693835463355.png

1693835471184.png

1693835482681.png

1693835579801.png

1693835500664.png

Blimey, think I was at that game. Wasn't long after Kingstonian had to leave that ground right?

Wimbledon bought it, leased usage to Kingstonian, then sold it to Chelsea reserves iirc?

Colour me cynical but what are the chances he’s ever been to Monserrat?

Oh and the Monserrat FA’s President received a suspension for corruption.

He's almost certainly you, I'd wager.
This individual is seriously weird. Even created a fake “Dulwich Hamlet” profile to post their spiel on the Moral Victory Facebook page. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 36
So the FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round draw has slipped under the radar, understandably so as we have been drawn away to Cheshunt on Saturday 7th October

So the FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round draw has slipped under the radar, understandably so as we have been drawn away to Cheshunt on Saturday 7th October
I hate cup draws like this. Away to someone in our own division the week after the same fixture in the league. It's the second season running this has happened, after last year's trip to Taunton, although on that occasion the league fixture was rained off.

Haven’t seen it mentioned by the club, but Kingstonian are saying we’ve been drawn away to them in the Third Round of the Velocity Cup.

Media volunteers needed
Fairly sure I remember a conversation on here before along similar lines, but do volunteers get any benefits from the club?

Free entry to games, discounts at the bar / club shop, travel expenses paid to away games, a signed shirt / football - anything like that?

And are there any guidelines as to what you need to commit to? Every game, half the games in a season, home but not away, whenever you can?

Can't help thinking that if a bit more information and detail could be provided it might be easier to get people interested.

And if the sole benefit is getting experience to take to a potential full time role with a league club, not every person is looking for that and not every volunteer role is going to offer it.

Last edited:
Fairly sure I remember a conversation on here before along similar lines, but do volunteers get any benefits from the club?

Free entry to games, discounts at the bar / club shop, travel expenses paid to away games, a signed shirt / football - anything like that?

And are there any guidelines as to what you need to commit to? Every game, half the games in a season, home but not away, whenever you can?

Can't help thinking that if a bit more information and detail could be provided it might be easier to get people interested.

And if the sole benefit is getting experience to take to a potential full time role with a league club, not every person is looking for that and not every volunteer role is going to offer it.
I did find the wording rather strange, it sort of suggests that they're only really looking for really ambitious, high achieving types looking to further their own careers and get full time media work at a bigger club rather than Hamlet fans looking to help out.

Anyway if there is an opening for the latter, I'd be happy to help out with match day photography if needed.

Not sure of all the benefits, but free entry is definitely one of them. Send Kian an email regarding the other questions. It's not only open to those wanting to further a career in media but also to anyone that wants to help and has the skills to do it. No commitment to X number of games, though if someone enjoys it it's always nice if they can do more 😁
I did find the wording rather strange, it sort of suggests that they're only really looking for really ambitious, high achieving types looking to further their own careers and get full time media work at a bigger club rather than Hamlet fans looking to help out.

Anyway if there is an opening the latter, I'd be happy to help out with match day photography if needed.
Drop Kian an email

Not sure of all the benefits, but free entry is definitely one of them. Send Kian an email regarding the other questions. It's not only open to those wanting to further a career in media but also to anyone that wants to help and has the skills to do it. No commitment to X number of games, though if someone enjoys it it's always nice if they can do more 😁

Drop Kian an email
This is the bit I can’t get my head around - the club needs people to give up their time but apart from the occasional “We need volunteers, get in touch!” on social media it’s then all on the individual to take the initiative and find out what it all entails before they can assess whether it’s something they can do or not. And given the current paucity of volunteers that’s apparently not happening.

That the club isn't willing to proactively provide even basic information to try and get people interested fries my brain.

Last edited:
I wonder if next weeks games are going ahead with the international clearance issue as Montserrat and Guyana both have games from the Friday. I undestand Billericay have also been given the option by the league ( their manager's comments) to postpone next Tuesdays game to allow them to prepare for the FA Cup game. They are still deciding . How will their fans react if they do after their uproar when we postponed the game .

I wonder if next weeks games are going ahead with the international clearance issue as Montserrat and Guyana both have games from the Friday. I undestand Billericay have also been given the option by the league ( their manager's comments) to postpone next Tuesdays game to allow them to prepare for the FA Cup game. They are still deciding . How will their fans react if they do after their uproar when we postponed the game .
"Do we want a moral boosting win league win" - sounds like they're already counting the three points.

I'm guessing we won't request a postponement of the Kingstonian home game, as online tickets were recently put on sale. It would also leave us with a 5 week gap between the last home game and the next one, as well as losing the significant extra revenue from a Saturday game compared to a rescheduled Tuesday night match.

I find it hard to believe Billericay have been offered a postponement because of a home FA Cup qualifying tie with a lower level opponent 4 days later. If that's the case, the administrators who approved the rule really need to give their heads a wobble. It was bad enough when Weymouth were allowed to call off our home game last season ahead of their 1st Round tie, even though Ebbsfleet went ahead with a league fixture at Havant only 3 days before their FA Cup tie in the same week and won both games. It's basically an excuse for clubs to delay a league fixture until a time when they expect to have a stronger squad to choose from and a better chance of winning, it doesn't really have anything to do with preparing for the cup tie, although I don't blame any manager who takes advantage of the opportunity.

Personally I think the 2 international players rule is daft too, that's not enough in my view, although when Anthony Jeffrey (Guyana) is fit we could potentially have 4 players on international duty.

Back
Top Bottom