Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I think you're probably supposed to think it's some nice pictures of some people at the football
“A club like no other” 🤔 If you’re going to caption photos this I’d probably wouldn’t use photos that could be taken at hundreds of non league grounds all over the country this Saturday. A quick trawl through our history would probably give four photos that might be better suited. Here’s some examples.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    759.5 KB · Views: 25
“A club like no other” 🤔 If you’re going to caption photos this I’d probably wouldn’t use photos that could be taken at hundreds of non league grounds all over the country this Saturday. A quick trawl through our history would probably give four photos that might be better suited. Here’s some examples.

And you just happen to be the subject of one such photo. Quelle surprise!

And you just happen to be the subject of one such photo. Quelle surprise!
Well why not? How many other people at this club played in one of the most important games this club has ever hosted, one of the most historic matches to take place at Champion Hill? We’re a club that embraces diversity so maybe that should be celebrated. No other club at our level has embraced a match where trans women compete with the women’s first team.

Well why not? How many other people at this club played in one of the most important games this club has ever hosted, one of the most historic matches to take place at Champion Hill? We’re a club that embraces diversity so maybe that should be celebrated. No other club at our level has embraced a match where trans women compete with the women’s first team.

Would rather watch Sekajja score a hatty against Enfield again than this to be fair 🤷‍♂️

There's 3 of your photos, finish it off with a dipo penalty against Hendon. Job done

I think you're probably supposed to think it's some nice pictures of some people at the football

Sometimes social media managers might be wise to reflect on the words of the Baroque artist Salvator Rosa who - in this painting from 1645 - sagely observed "AVT TACE / AVT LOQVERE MELIORA / SILENTIO"

1697660221666.png

This translates into, "Be quiet, unless your speech be better than silence."

So please elucidate why you feel those photos encapsulate why Dulwich Hamlet is “a club like no other”?
View attachment 396033

This translates into, "Be quiet, unless your speech be better than silence."
Is that going to be the new Brixton Buzz commissioning policy then?

I must say though, I do find this new fashion for having a meltdown at every perfectly adequate social media post that the club puts out to be very odd.

I think the recent social media stuff has been pretty good on the whole. Yes there's been the odd cheesy cliche but when you get a decent update like the interview with Hakan it's more than worth it.

I was one of those who raised an eyebrow about the repeated 'buy tickets' posts but I get that we need to use our media profile to fill the stadium as much as possible.

On the whole it's been a very decent start for the new admin I would say.

I must say though, I do find this new fashion for having a meltdown at every perfectly adequate social media post that the club puts out to be very odd.
Hardly a meltdown, just a perfectly adequate response to a social media post that seems to have been posted for the sake of it. I know our new social media person has been a friend of secretary for some time but I think they still need to pick up on the things that make Dulwich Hamlet different.

It was a valid and hopefully constructive criticism. The post was meaningless and trite.

Shouldn't people here - many of whom have spent hundreds - if not thousands - of pounds supporting the club be entitled to an opinion then? Or are you going to accuse them of having a 'meltdown' every time the mildest of criticism is aired?

PS What has the Brixton Buzz 'commissioning policy' got to do with any of this?

Braham-Barrett and Clifton played for Montserrat in two games against Nicaragua on Friday and last night. Didn't even know they were away.
I took a quick look on Google after reading this - and it led me to this incredible video where Clifton discusses his career and life. On Arsenal's books as a kid, then in and out of jail, then growing up and settling down a bit. Well worth a listen

I took a quick look on Google after reading this - and it led me to this incredible video where Clifton discusses his career and life. On Arsenal's books as a kid, then in and out of jail, then growing up and settling down a bit. Well worth a listen

He has a fascinating story – thanks for sharing

I can’t believe how screwed Horsham have been with their FA cup tie away at Barnsley. Scheduled for 7:45pm on the Friday. Also not on TV as the Sheppey United game is on instead. Gutted for some of their fans who now won’t be able to make it

Hi kwardgk - for the next fortnightly update with Hakan, could we get news on players we haven't seen for a while - the likes of Constable, Ruddy, Ming, Gyebi, Pascal, Allen and Pingling? Cheers!
Due to catch up with Hakan next week as we did Ryan this week so it’ll be settled from now.

I’ll ask him about players etc in it that’s fine. That’s what these updates will cover.

Hardly a meltdown, just a perfectly adequate response to a social media post that seems to have been posted for the sake of it. I know our new social media person has been a friend of secretary for some time but I think they still need to pick up on the things that make Dulwich Hamlet different.
I’m not sure what the connection is between that social media post and the person posting it being a friend of the club secretary? I’d welcome you elaborating on its significance.

For the record and for avoidance of doubt, the club secretary was also a friend of the media manager who recently left his post.

Last edited:
I was at the game tonight. Very young Wimbledon team didn’t offer too much on a very muddy pitch. Worth keeping an eye out for Bengals number 7 - Sheri Artmeladze. He scored all 3 and each finish was superb including a lob over the keeper from edge of the box.

Last edited:
I was at the game tonight. Very young Wimbledon team didn’t offer too much on a very muddy pitch. Worth keeping an eye out for Bengals number 7 - Sheri Artmeladze. He scored all 3 and each finish was superb including a lob over the keeper from edge of the box.
The Dons side that would usually fulfil this fixture played an FA Youth Cup fixture on Tuesday, so we're given the night off.

Back
Top Bottom