Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Marvin Samuel & Carl Cort I believe. Lesson learned & that’s why players never announced until all papers are registered with the necessity authorities.

“The” Carl Cort?
It was actually Wayne Cort, one of three brothers.

Carl played mostly for Wimbledon and Wolves, and to the best of my knowledge never played non-league. I've got a feeling he may have played for DHFC Juniors before even reaching youth team level but I may be confusing him with George Ndah, also one of three brothers, and also a Wolves player. (Jamie Ndah played briefly for our first team but was better known as a prolific goalscorer for Kingstonian, and Micky Ndah played for our youth team.)

There was also Leon Cort, a centre back in Micky Read's Hamlet youth team, who got picked up by Millwall and played mainly for Palace and Stoke.

I'd forgotten about this episode. Wayne Cort and Marvin Samuels played in our opening pre-season match around 20 years ago. They were friends who'd played together at Fisher Athletic. I think they told Martin Eede they were going on holiday and he never heard from them again, and couldn't contact them, then they resurfaced at Harlow Town during one of their several big spending phases. Martin did sign Wayne Cort a couple of years later and he was mediocre at best, although Samuels had looked like becoming an instant favourite on his sole appearance as a dynamic right wing back.

It was actually Wayne Cort, one of three brothers.

Carl played mostly for Wimbledon and Wolves, and to the best of my knowledge never played non-league. I've got a feeling he may have played for DHFC Juniors before even reaching youth team level but I may be confusing him with George Ndah, also one of three brothers, and also a Wolves player. (Jamie Ndah played briefly for our first team but was better known as a prolific goalscorer for Kingstonian, and Micky Ndah played for our youth team.)

There was also Leon Cort, a centre back in Micky Read's Hamlet youth team, who got picked up by Millwall and played mainly for Palace and Stoke.

I'd forgotten about this episode. Wayne Cort and Marvin Samuels played in our opening pre-season match around 20 years ago. They were friends who'd played together at Fisher Athletic. I think they told Martin Eede they were going on holiday and he never heard from them again, and couldn't contact them, then they resurfaced at Harlow Town during one of their several big spending phases. Martin did sign Wayne Cort a couple of years later and he was mediocre at best, although Samuels had looked like becoming an instant favourite on his sole appearance as a dynamic right wing back.
That’s right. Thanks for correcting

This shows such a basic lack of understanding of non league football it’s sad. Perhaps a bit of basic research from guest columnists would be a start.

Transfer window - doesn’t exist at any level below National League unless signing overseas players.
Jamie Splatt - left months ago.

Players leaving - nothing to do with any cut in money and most because the manager didn’t want them. If budget had been cut I’m sure the manager would have been quick to comment.

Shokunbi/ clearly he had spoken to the Dover manager and verbally agreed something. However, he signed nothing and anybody who had half a brain wouldn’t complain about a player who didn’t turn up for a first training session and who hadn’t signed, I assume he could have contacted him especially as his contact details would be on his registration.

Let’s hope the standard improves.
Also, fairly sure none of the bars serve Camden Helles. ;)

Any idea if the clubhouse will be screening the WCFinal on Sunday?
I doubt they would. You would need to pay for staffing and under the 2003 licencing act you need to go through Commons and Lords for an exemption and they are on Summer Holidays.
You can go through local authority but normally you need to give more than a couple of days notice to apply.

Bit late to be fair. I’ll be watching the game with Goal Diggers teammates, WAGs and SOs at the Yard Theatre in Hackney. Already have 200+ coming to that. Think the club might have missed a trick by leaving the announcement so late but let’s hope not. That said probably better than one local pub that had a chalkboard outside saying “Showing all World Cup games” despite the fact only a third of the games kicked off during their opening hours.

Back
Top Bottom