Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Yes, I see the club have just tweeted about that. I'm not clear whether this affects our ability to show highlights post match or not?

I can't see the club showing it in the clubhouse unless they could guarantee a certain number of people watching (pre-pay entry). It's not just £180 to show it, but cost of bar staff, stewards, energy etc. to open up and run it.
It might help if the league had given everyone more than 4 days notice.

I'm probably just old fashioned but I pay to watch live events, whereas paying to watch something on tv always feels like a bit of a swizz.

Sorry to intrude on the football chat, hope not too much of an infraction:
Me and a few other Hamlet fans are on strike this week and we're doing a fundraiser quiz night on Friday in New Cross Gate. Would be lovely if anyone else fancied coming along for a drink in a laugh in support of a worthy cause. You will be far from the only Rabble folk there.
Quiz for: PCS SELLS Branch Fundraising!

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to intrude on the football chat, hope not too much of an infraction:
Me and a few other Hamlet fans are on strike this week and we're doing a fundraiser quiz night on Friday in New Cross Gate. Would be lovely if anyone else fancied coming along for a drink in a laugh in support of a worthy cause. You will be far from the only Rabble folk there.
Quiz for: PCS SELLS Branch Fundraising!
Solidarity from a PCS ARM branch member. Hope the evening goes well but probs won't be able to get along as trains to & from outside London will be a bit random. Also means no Ebbsfleet on Saturday.

Hamlet Comedy MC Alan is on this podcast talking about being the owner of DHFC and the changes she'd make

awful from the lads

Thankfully nobody watches Soccer AM these days! It’s a show that always seemed to pander to the “football lad” culture. Know a lot of the story behind this and very glad that real fans got to rep the club out there rather than… a bunch of nouveaux. Even so the brief that seemed to specify male supporters of a specific age rather goes against the Dulwich ethos of inclusivity, regardless of age, race, gender, sexuality etc

Where are you getting that from?

The original email from the producers didn't specify a gender or age range, and I know a number of female fans who were asked and unfortunately just weren't available.

Here's what Non League Mystery Tours thought of Hamlet

On to Champion Hill for the second part of todays SE London Easter extravaganza and the surreal football experience that is a Dulwich Hamlet home match. The only club where 90% of the fan base appear to have no interest in what's happening on the pitch.

Ebbsfleet did the inevitable and won National League South.

I hope Dirtford (I refuse to be mature) go up via the playoffs and stay up just so we never have to go there again.

What a nob
Exactly. The article is riddled with ill informed comments about our various managers. I could have told any neutral this would be a grim spectacle regardless of the result. Cheshunt are one of the last teams I'd go to watch as a neutral, so it serves him right if the game was rubbish. It deserves one star out of five for entertainment in the NLP match report, although it was a five stars for "job done" with minimum alarm.

What an odd report. Surprised Mike that you as an editor yourself didn't fact check this before reposting. Getting rid of Gavin before the season started? Hakan not delivering an uptick in points since replacing Paul? Away side dominating possession? A crowd where 90% of the people aren't interested in what happens on this pitch? I suspect our 'writer' was disappointed with what they saw today on that point. And our win only takes us out of the relegation zone temporarily. Probably tells us everything we need to know about this writer's opinion towards our club. Sad to see this sort of thing promoted on a forum about our club.

Rather lazy view tbh and other inaccuracies as well.

After disposing of the services of successful long serving manager Gavin Rose in a 'Curbishley-esque' move before the season started,
Rose started the season.
…to be replaced by Hakan Hayrettin… That change hasn't produced immediate improvement
I’d say 10 points from 8 games is quite an improvement on 1 from 10.

Last edited:
Where are you getting that from?

The original email from the producers didn't specify a gender or age range, and I know a number of female fans who were asked and unfortunately just weren't available.
This was posted in the Supporter’s Team chat. Suggests pretty much that males (“lads”) of a certain age were the preferred option for the show.

Attachments

• 74c831fc-3fa6-4dba-8613-5fe6c3b74ab4.jpeg
    74c831fc-3fa6-4dba-8613-5fe6c3b74ab4.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 51
I miss the times when supporting Hamlet was like this

hamlet-4-mertsham-0-18.jpg

leatherhead-dulwich-08.jpg

leatherhead-1-dulwich-hamlet-0-01.jpg

kingstonian-dulwich-hamlet-21.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-2-lewes-0-33.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-face-final-play-off-push-1.jpg

maidstone-0-dulwich-hamlet-0-18.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-margate-19.jpg

mishi-dulwich-hamlet-01.jpg

mishi-dulwich-hamlet-19.jpg

Even with the new supporters in those days The Rabble was still The Rabble with that anarchic humour that seems to been swallowed up by The New Rabble ™️

The Rabble died about 10 years ago with no replacement. We were together then, we were as one. Now we are fragmented like a dropped coffee cup.

Back
Top Bottom