Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Yes but as fans our responsibility is to pass the club on to future generations as it has always been. It has never nor should ever be a park team.

Yes but as fans our responsibility is to pass the club on to future generations as it has always been. It has never nor should ever be a park team.
Yes it was. Hamlet played home games in Dulwich Park in the early days. It wasn't an important club even in South London in the early years of the Brixton and Camberwell Leagues. We got lucky in 1907 with the FA and AFA split creating an opportunity the club seized.

The responsibility is to pass it on I agree But we shouldn't denigrate the work of those who took us from a small irrelevant school old boys team to one of the nation's leading amateur teams in thirty years by denying our roots.

Sorry but you said we've never been a parks team. That's incorrect. History matters to me.

The history of this club has been abused too often. Mishi deserves huge credit for pulling like minded people together to re-write it factually. Any attempt to slip back to a false history should be resisted.

Right let me amend my original comment.

"Yes but as fans our responsibility is to pass the club on to future generations as it has always been. It hasn't been a park team since it stopped playing on parks in the early part of the twentieth century."

Right let me amend my original comment.

"Yes but as fans our responsibility is to pass the club on to future generations as it has always been. It hasn't been a park team since it stopped playing on parks in the early part of the twentieth century."

It’s a bit odd that you think it is the fans responsibility to pass the club on to future generations.

Perhaps you could outline what the fans should be doing to ensure it is passed on to future generations.

Turning up to games would be a start.

I'm a shareholder. The fans need to join the Trust, who have a guarantee of 50% + 1 approaching. They then need to vote how they how they wish. History will prove them right or wrong, as always. My will signs my shares over to the Trust.

I spent ten years as a Hamlet home and away fan fighting for this club when it was deeply unfashionable. On moving to Hampshire I made a life style decision to watch the club irregularly. Life's too short to spend it hauling to London in week in week out. I also moved here knowing no-one so it was a pragmatic decision too Unfortunately my health (sleep apnea for your information through frankly it's got nothing to do with you) has made going to games and keeping employed challenging. Hence the scarcity of my attendance in recent seasons.

As for why I wasn't there today, we cremated my father in law yesterday and I was supporting my wife today. Frankly there's no chance of me apologising for that. I hope to make one more game this season but that depends on how my wife is and my sleep apnea.

My main contribution is as a shareholder , steering the direction of the club. It used to be hands on, cleaning the changing rooms for Middlesex Wanderers and working the turnstiles for WFA Cup Semi Finals for example. But back then the company ignored shareholders and didn't hold AGMs etc.

As an aside, when the club was in crisis the Before the Hamlet, Dulwich Hamlet 1914-1919 and When Shall Their Glory Fade books / booklets I paid for the printing of and signed over all proceeds raised thousands. Which probably about aligns with the season tickets I haven't bought as a result of moving to Hampshire. I also took no money to turn up and present at the Football and War event. I took a day off work and my costs were heading towards £100.

If you check eBay you'll also find various youth team and the first DHFWFC proggies that I edited and usually paid for the production of out of my own pocket.

I am comfortable with what I have done for this club. If you seriously think my not turning up week in week out now threatens the club I suggest you download the latest financial reports from Companies House and see what % difference me buying a season ticket again would make.

My father been in law was a football fan. I attended his funeral service wearing a DHFC Member tie from before the club was incorporated. As I said, life's too short...

Last edited:
I'm a shareholder. The fans need to join the Trust, who have a guarantee of 50 + 1 approaching. They then need to vote how they how they wish. History will prove them right or wrong, as always. My will signs my shares over to the Trust.

I spent ten years as a Hamlet home and away fan fighting for this club when it was deeply unfashionable. On moving to Hampshire I made a life style decision to watch the club irregularly. Life's too short to spend it hauling to London in week in week out. I also moved here knowing no-one so it was a pragmatic decision too Unfortunately my health (sleep apnea for your information through frankly it's got nothing to do with you) has made going to games and keeping employed challenging. Hence the scarcity of my attendance in recent seasons.

As for why I wasn't there today, we cremated my father in law yesterday and I was supporting my wife today. Frankly there's no chance of me apologising for that. I hope to make one more game this season but that depends on how my wife is and my sleep apnea.

My main contribution is as a shareholder , steering the direction of the club. It used to be hands on, cleaning the changing rooms for Middlesex Wanderers and working the turnstiles for WFA Cup Semi Finals for example. But back then the company ignored shareholders and didn't hold AGMs etc.

As an aside, when the club was in crisis the Before the Hamlet, Dulwich Hamlet 1914-1919 and When Shall TheirGloey Fade books / booklets I paid for the printing of and signed over all proceeds raused thousands. Which probably about aligns with the season tickets I haven't bought as a result of moving to Hampshire. I also took no money to turn up and present as the Football and War event. I took a day off work and my costs were heading towards £100.

If you check eBay you'll also find various youth team and the first DHFWFC proggies that I edited and usually paid for the production of out of my own pocket.

I am comfortable with what I have done for this clubj. If you seriously think my not turning up week in week out now threatens the club I suggest you download the latest financial reports from Companies House and see what % difference me buying a season ticket again would make.

My father been in law was a football fan. I attended his funeral service wearing a DHFC Member tie from before the club was incorporated.

Sleep apnea sufferer here too. Much sympathy mate.

I'm a shareholder. The fans need to join the Trust, who have a guarantee of 50% + 1 approaching. They then need to vote how they how they wish. History will prove them right or wrong, as always. My will signs my shares over to the Trust.

As an aside, when the club was in crisis the Before the Hamlet, Dulwich Hamlet 1914-1919 and When Shall Their Glory Fade books / booklets I paid for the printing of and signed over all proceeds raised thousands. Which probably about aligns with the season tickets I haven't bought as a result of moving to Hampshire. I also took no money to turn up and present at the Football and War event. I took a day off work and my costs were heading towards £100.

I am comfortable with what I have done for this clubj. If you seriously think my not turning up week in week out now threatens the club I suggest you download the latest financial reports from Companies House and see what % difference me buying a season ticket again would make.

My father been in law was a football fan. I attended his funeral service wearing a DHFC Member tie from before the club was incorporated. As I said, life's too short...

He’s not referring to you. Just having a dig at me.

Sadly, he lost perspective a long time ago. Probably round the time he rated Paul Barnes, which would have seen us relegated.

Nine years ago

10247303_10151989942336286_2426877870268292487_n.jpg

Did the end of season player awards get announced anywhere? Can't see anything on the website, and can't remember seeing anything on social media.

Did the end of season player awards get announced anywhere? Can't see anything on the website, and can't remember seeing anything on social media.
There was an online poll with a deadline of noon on the day of the Chippenham match, so someone must have won but I can't see any results:

Deon Woodman was announced as player of the month for April on the same day, but I never noticed a poll for that one until I saw the result.

I see Cray Valley PM have announced a friendly against us on 5 August at their place.
That'll be the last Saturday before the opening league game. Assuming we don't cancel it because they announced it prematurely, which I think we did for one game last pre-season. We don't seem to like announcing these fixtures until there's a full programme in place, and at least one tends to get cancelled or rescheduled.

Back
Top Bottom