Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

With the change of management, I wondering if “policy” will remain in place. It was a total pain in the neck when I was on the committee as we’d have to keep schtum about these pre season fixtures despite them being public knowledge through either word of mouth or more recently through the internet.

There was an online poll with a deadline of noon on the day of the Chippenham match, so someone must have won but I can't see any results:

Deon Woodman was announced as player of the month for April on the same day, but I never noticed a poll for that one until I saw the result.
There were pictures of the Joe Felix of the Year awards posted on Facebook a few days. Guessing the awards were made at the Nyren testimonial game? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...UDLKq1gWfwsuejEsKhuxUojLnl&id=100028283696769

All the squad had to do was remain in the national league south; promotion wasn’t a realistic option even if we were good enough but relegation is totally unforgivable.

A new manager is needed or we’re in trouble!

All the squad had to do was remain in the national league south; promotion wasn’t a realistic option even if we were good enough but relegation is totally unforgivable.

A new manager is needed or we’re in trouble!
A new squad is needed or we're in trouble. Yes it is beyond midnight now but still not been drinking, family comes first The manager is the second out of three to say the squad stuffed us up. And you blame the manager for it?

I hope the club lives long enough to do a 150th history. Could be quite interesting re a certain match at Eastbourne and last season...

Edited to say as someone who has written a fair chunk of the DHFC history that won't be me. Too old by then. May be happy to contribute if someone else wants to take it on. The 100th booklet was rubbish.

Last edited:
A new squad is needed or we're in trouble. Yes it is beyond midnight now but still not been drinking, family comes first The manager is the second out of three to say the squad stuffed us up. And you blame the manager for it?

I hope the club lives long enough to do a 150th history. Could be quite interesting re a certain match at Eastbourne and last season...

Edited to say as someone who has written a fair chunk of the DHFC history that won't be me. Too old by then. May be happy to contribute if someone else wants to take it on. The 100th booklet was rubbish.
I’ve not been much this last season- too busy and too broke . So, you say a new squad is needed? That’s to say you’re pretty much saying we’re domed to a decade in the lower leagues.. again. 😢. Abysmal climax to a season!

The writing was on the wall in 2019 and I called for Gavin to go then!

Gavin Rose 13 years (3 too long).

Paul Barns. Only 6 months 🤷

Hakan Hayrettin Relegated

You can’t expect a manager that took you down to possibly get you promotion the following year!

I still haven’t taken a look at next year’s opposition. It feels like a return to the 1990’s & 1980’s. If Hamlet don’t get promoted at the first attempt the last five years was a waste of time!

I wonder- did Peter Crouch see this coming ? Yep, and probably Gavin Rose too.

That’s an old fashioned sewing machine. My late mum had one back in the 1970’s- she’s make our school uniforms we were so skint. 💰

Sewing machines are still the same now and made by the same company. Not sure its old-fashioned just because it existed in the past.

You don’t want to join my new band of singers then?

Sewing machines are still the same now and made by the same company. Not sure its old-fashioned just because it existed in the past.

You don’t want to join my new band of singers then?
Not for me fella. The rabble are too middle class and too fond of Crystal Palace fc for my liking. I remember the days we did a lot of shouting and growling rather than this barmy army sing song lark! UP THE HAMLET! ⚽

Not for me fella. The rabble are too middle class and too fond of Crystal Palace fc for my liking. I remember the days we did a lot of shouting and growling rather than this barmy army sing song lark! UP THE HAMLET! ⚽

And getting rid of managers by the sounds of it.

Look forward to your hak in switcheroo.

I’ve not been much this last season- too busy and too broke . So, you say a new squad is needed? That’s to say you’re pretty much saying we’re domed to a decade in the lower leagues.. again. 😢. Abysmal climax to a season!
Not at all. If we go into next season with the same waste of space squad, a fair chunk of whom clearly didn't give a stuff, we'd probably be doomed.

Realistically we should have a decent budget for the level and we have a manager with a good track record at that level. Given we have no idea who we have signed, or who most of our rivals have signed, it's too early to make predictions, whether that we are doomed or will do well.

Throwing most of the shower who got the club relegated out is a good start.

Not at all. If we go into next season with the same waste of space squad, a fair chunk of whom clearly didn't give a stuff, we'd probably be doomed.

Realistically we should have a decent budget for the level and we have a manager with a good track record at that level. Given we have no idea who we have signed, or who most of our rivals have signed, it's too early to make predictions, whether that we are doomed or will do well.

Throwing most of the shower who got the club relegated out is a good start.
That’s a good positive post and I hope you are right about the affordability of us building a promotion winning squad that can achieve this. As to the manager-I don’t know his history- I just know he failed to keep us where we need to be.
As I pretty much said earlier Dulwich Hamlet are not yet a big enough club to make and survive the National league but this relegation to tier 7 is an absolute disaster.

That’s a good positive post and I hope you are right about the affordability of us building a promotion winning squad that can achieve this. As to the manager-I don’t know his history- I just know he failed to keep us where we need to be.
As I pretty much said earlier Dulwich Hamlet are not yet a big enough club to make and survive the National league but this relegation to tier 7 is an absolute disaster.
Really, where we spent, from memory, 111 years of our history? Last season was a total stuff up but it's happened. We can't change that. We can work to make next season good.

Throwing out most of the idiots who got the club relegated despite being easily good enough to stay up is a good start.

Why is that, exactly?
Are you for real?

I take it you are happy with relegation and likewise you would not be too bothered with back to back relegations. Me, I’m more than comfortable with not making the National league - we don’t have the stadium- we don’t have the money.

The right place for DHFC today is precisely what’s been thrown away!

Are you for real?

I take it you are happy with relegation and likewise you would not be too bothered with back to back relegations. Me, I’m more than comfortable with not making the National league - we don’t have the stadium- we don’t have the money.

The right place for DHFC today is precisely what’s been thrown away!

Yeah but what is the difference?

No it's not. Probably what we need.
I can't square that theory at all. We stagnated for 4 years at National South level under a manager who brought us great success but somehow never got to grips with that division, while clubs like Dorking, Weymouth, Tonbridge, Worthing followed us up from the Isthmian and Southern leagues to make a better fist of it.

We had the biggest attendances in that division and are a financially solvent and stable club. Now we'll be an even bigger fish in a smaller pond and, even if we get everything right in rebuilding the squad, there's no margin for error getting back when one other club spending silly money or having an exceptional season combined with a stroke of bad luck in a play-off match could keep us there. Frankly I'd say it's the last thing we needed.

Back
Top Bottom