Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Next months tickets are available and a reminder the Folkstone game is a cup one so season tickets aren't valid.

These matches can be well worth a look. Chelsea used to play these at Aldershot. I live all but next door to The Rec, so took in a few of them. A fair few of the players, from various sides, have gone on to full international status, won all sorts of honours etc

Are there any more of these in the works? I tried looking after I couldn’t make the Hertha one but didn’t have much luck.

The standard of football at the Hertha game was very high, Viera was there watching. Quite a few fringe players on show and trying to impress, totally different to the u21 sides we play preseason.

Well worth £4. No beer outside but early ko means plenty of time for a pint after.

Are there any more of these in the works? I tried looking after I couldn’t make the Hertha one but didn’t have much luck.
They announced 4 fixtures at the start of the season but only the Hertha game was originally planned for Champion Hill. The others were at selhurst or the training complex.

So it begins… again. Poor timing for Hamlet fans able to get to Cheshunt though it’s also on the Quest +1 Channel at 10pm as well as being repeated at 8pm on Saturday evening. Though I do wonder why the club doesn’t seem keen on publicising it?

Was a dodgy one for me this. My daughter is at Exeter Uni and we arranged for us and her mates to all go to the game and stay over for the night. I've even booked the time off work for it. I knew it was dependent on both teams being knocked out of the FA Cup, but we're Dulwich right? So it turns out Taunton have progressed to the next round, and Dulwich won't even have a game that weekend. Just our luck...

A wonderful person and an unsung hero of the Hamlet from days when Dulwich Hamlet was kept alive by the work of a handful of volunteers doing multiple jobs around the Hill. Groundsman, receptionist and bar manager were among them but also Club Secretary if I remember rightly. The man who introduced the Rabble to Hoegardaan wheat beer and was charging fans for a pint the price the posh pubs were fleecing their clientele for a half.

Back
Top Bottom