Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Hoegardaan came about as a few of us used to spend time in Belgium and the Netherlands and liked it. We were in the bar when the brewery rep turned up to try and sell Hoegaarden to the bar manager. He basically said "never heard of it, go away". Paul was one of those present.
We called the bar manager over and suggested he may want to rethink. He agreed to a trial.

A few months later DHFC was the leading outlet in the UK for Hoegardaan sales. Aided by the fact the bar manager (not Paul then) didn't realise it was a premium product and charged standard prices.

Paul was indeed the Hon. Secretary for a few years.

Wasn’t able to be at the game today as I’m working (under orders from the boss not to do the job whilst playing or watching football, well in a big noisy crowd anyway) but was there a moment of remembrance for Paul this afternoon?

Wasn’t able to be at the game today as I’m working (under orders from the boss not to do the job whilst playing or watching football, well in a big noisy crowd anyway) but was there a moment of remembrance for Paul this afternoon?
No, there wasn’t. I didn’t know Paul, but he was clearly someone who deserved a minutes silence or applause for his contribution to the club as much as anyone else who has passed in recent times.

Whilst it wasn’t done today, there’s no reason why it couldn’t be done at the next game (I don’t think the timing is as important as the sentiment) so if people want it to happen it will happen.

I don't know details but believe something is being planned as I have been approached for memories of Paul. I suspect whatever the club do will be tied in with that article being released.

No, there wasn’t. I didn’t know Paul, but he was clearly someone who deserved a minutes silence or applause for his contribution to the club as much as anyone else who has passed in recent times.

Whilst it wasn’t done today, there’s no reason why it couldn’t be done at the next game (I don’t think the timing is as important as the sentiment) so if people want it to happen it will happen.
There’s something very special being arranged by the club. Hoping to be there for that, playing & work commitments permitting.

I remember a couple of years back some tosser from Billericay was gobbing off loudly in the clubhouse about Hamlet "dont want to be televised, but look they have a tele in their clubhouse!!". He clearly wasnt the brightest spark.

I’m intrigued to see what the Dulwich position on the World Cup is going to be, given that there was a protest held at Champion Hill to highlight workers’ conditions during the construction of the infrastructure. Also with a strong stance on LGBTQI+ inclusion in football I’d hope Dulwich would use this opportunity to reinforce that. This is something one of the women’s teams I play for (Goal Diggers) has already decided. We’ve held very successful watch parties for previous competitions, women’s & men’s, but this is not something we’ll be doing this time. Any approaches for endorsements, publicity etc are to be turned down as well unless, as a club with a strong LGBTQI+ membership, that representation is made crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom