Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Re: Plastic pint pots, a significant amount of works was done on the trust on this up until the pandemic struck, there is more than you would imagine to consider. I cant remember exactly where this was left, I think the choices are between a two bin (i.e. recyclable) or one bin (compostable) solution. We may already have compostable cups....

As a vegan of nearly two years and a vegetarian of longer I can't say the barbecue bugs me on any sensory level (not part of my reasoning) but as editor says a good vegan burger is indistinguishable (and perhaps infinitely safer) than a standard football one. The food offering has never been a real draw in my opinion, so going plant based would be less controversial that alot of recent moves.

On a personal level I agree, and those Vegan Pies are magnificent. Wonder if it would be a popular move?

The bigger issue for me on a green level is the plastic pint glasses. Not sure what solution is though as you can't, for good reason, have glass outside. Paper ones? Refillable keep cups?

When we had the Pieminster pies the vegan one was the best one.

Should be moving to cans rather than plastic cups - aluminium cans are infinitely recyclable.

Im nowhere near close to a vegan/vege but also wouldn't mind if Hamlet did go in that direction. In fact, im surprised they haven't already. Its very rare i bother getting food though, I'd sooner use the queue time to get another pint than a tray of chips.

Also not a veggie but I agree that a move to veggie food would be a good step the club could take to minimise its environmental impact. The issue I guess (apart from the inevitable outraged moaning) might be that the food outlets are outsourced I think (?) so it would be dependent on there being suitable food vendors who were interested in the gig.

(Not sure I'm convinced by indistinguishable mind you, although the Beyond Meat ones are very good).

I'm not a vegan/vegetarian but I'd 100% support the club moving in this direction (as long as the food is good!).

We still need proper milk for the tea - milk substitutes are would be like taking of Gio McGregor and asking me to play central midfield.

Other than that, pakora is veggie and would be a lovely winter warmer (plus very fast to serve).

We still need proper milk for the tea - milk substitutes are would be like taking of Gio McGregor and asking me to play central midfield.

Other than that, pakora is veggie and would be a lovely winter warmer (plus very fast to serve).

I see your pakoras and raise you proper bhajis, samosas andnl sweets.

Jörd oat milk tastes just like dairy milk imho
Yup, after I went mainly dairy free at home (still fall when out and about), I kept getting a pint of milk just for tea as I couldn't imagine life without it.
Got to the stage when I was having to buy one pint and freeze in an ice cube tray, and defrost indivdually so as it didn't go off given I only used tiny bits in tea.
After a year of this charade, I gave in and started putting oat in tea, now I can't tell the difference.

Yup, after I went mainly dairy free at home (still fall when out and about), I kept getting a pint of milk just for tea as I couldn't imagine life without it.
Got to the stage when I was having to buy one pint and freeze in an ice cube tray, and defrost indivdually so as it didn't go off given I only used tiny bits in tea.
After a year of this charade, I gave in and started putting oat in tea, now I can't tell the difference.

Your mistake is putting any form of milk into tea at all. Philistine. Tea is to be drunk black, like coffee.

I can do that with Chai, etc but not PG Tips. Makes me retch.

PG Tips? Bagged tea is pretty much the worst possible anyway. It'll be the dust from the plant, the throwaway parts. Loose-leaf is superior in the same way that pink n blue is superior to black n white.

Thought some of you might enjoy this cartoon I drew for my Cardiff City comic

div3.gif

div2.gif

div1.gif

No I’m thinking of you complaining constantly about everything the club does
Oh sorry, should I just shut up now and never challenge things like the club claiming to be anti-gambling and then inviting a pro-gambling celebrity on to the board, or using half time to promote companies with a dodgy ethical record?

Loved doing that article… cheered me up after a rather disappointing Wednesday evening. The less said about that the better at the moment. Hopefully feedback will be taken on board… Though must say am surprised that the club has not yet retweeted Jon’s original to take the message to a wider audience & demonstrate our club is about more than just flags but is a genuinely safe space for all LGBT+ people….

Back
Top Bottom