Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Good morning,

My name is Nicolás and I am from Argentina. I have been following the club because of the fanaticism it generated when playing Football Manager. It is a pleasure to be able to write to you and let you know that you have a follower from Argentina. I apologize for my poor English, I am using Google Translate.

I hope one day to get to know the stadium, the club, watch a game and buy the shirt.

A hug from a distance. Go The Hamlet!

Good morning,

My name is Nicolás and I am from Argentina. I have been following the club because of the fanaticism it generated when playing Football Manager. It is a pleasure to be able to write to you and let you know that you have a follower from Argentina. I apologize for my poor English, I am using Google Translate.

I hope one day to get to know the stadium, the club, watch a game and buy the shirt.

A hug from a distance. Go The Hamlet!
What is your club in Argentina? My wife’s uncle played for Racing in the late 1950’s.

What is your club in Argentina? My wife’s uncle played for Racing in the late 1950’s.

I am a fan of Boca, the most popular and largest in my country. Racing is also a great team and I have friends who are fans. In England are fans of more than one team? In Argentina before it was very common to be a fan of a club of minor divisions and one of the so-called "BIG FIVE" (Boca, River, Racing, Independiente and San Lorenzo, the team of Pope Francis haha)

I am a fan of Boca, the most popular and largest in my country. Racing is also a great team and I have friends who are fans. In England are fans of more than one team? In Argentina before it was very common to be a fan of a club of minor divisions and one of the so-called "BIG FIVE" (Boca, River, Racing, Independiente and San Lorenzo, the team of Pope Francis haha)
I’m sure some do but I don’t think it’s that common. Many of us support a non-league club, Dulwich for example who are unlikely to ever be a rival to their main club.
I’m dying for the day that play Chelsea though which will be a friendly if it ever happens.

Here’s the uncle I mentioned from a publication when he was at the Toronto Falcons. I have his shirt from that club.

I’m sure some do but I don’t think it’s that common. Many of us support a non-league club, Dulwich for example who are unlikely to ever be a rival to their main club.
I’m dying for the day that play Chelsea though which will be a friendly if it ever happens.

Here’s the uncle I mentioned from a publication when he was at the Toronto Falcons. I have his shirt from that club.

Attachments

• 7749145B-F090-4473-8553-0ECE86E48B54.jpeg
    7749145B-F090-4473-8553-0ECE86E48B54.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 7
  • F385066B-0978-4764-B122-CAFBFEBE271C.jpeg
    F385066B-0978-4764-B122-CAFBFEBE271C.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 8

I think perhaps with a lot of folk in London having come to London from somewhere else (like me), Hamlet isn't the team they grew up supporting. I wouldn't schlep up to Scotland to watch Rangers every week - although folk do! Nowadays I watch them if on BT Sport or Old Firm - think a lot of folk who come to games will be in similar situations

I think perhaps with a lot of folk in London having come to London from somewhere else (like me), Hamlet isn't the team they grew up supporting. I wouldn't schlep up to Scotland to watch Rangers every week - although folk do! Nowadays I watch them if on BT Sport or Old Firm - think a lot of folk who come to games will be in similar situations

I also wouldn't schlep upto Scotland to watch Rangers. ;)

No great surprise, but we've had to cancel this months comedy, which was scheduled for this Thursday, been vexed by the variant. It does mean the Hamlet bar staff miss out on a shift though, and it's not the only event that's been scrapped in run up to this Xmas. So I've set up a virtual tip jar for them. If anyone could spare a few quid would be grateful. I'm going to leave it up for a week and then close it and send the money to Lulah to distribute. Thanks all.

Donate here.

Glad to read you're a Boca fan, Nico. I'd love to see them at La Bombonera one day.

One of my mates - who's sadly no longer with us - had a love affair with Argentina and Boca in particular. I also had an Argentinian neighbour recently who was unfortunately a River fan, though he did grill Argentinian beef for everyone most weekends of the year, so he was very welcome.

Glad to read you're a Boca fan, Nico. I'd love to see them at La Bombonera one day.

One of my mates - who's sadly no longer with us - had a love affair with Argentina and Boca in particular. I also had an Argentinian neighbour recently who was unfortunately a River fan, though he did grill Argentinian beef for everyone most weekends of the year, so he was very welcome.
Friends, I can tell you with total security that visiting La Bombonera is a unique and incomparable show that every soccer fan should experience. "The Boca fan is crazy", phrase of the top idol Juan Román Riquelme. It seems a bit exaggerated, but I have seen the fans win games. It's possible. The team sucks on the court, it can even lose, but the strongest fan will sing. Just writing it thrills. If one day you have the possibility to visit Argentina, I will be happy to help you get to know the Temple of World Soccer. I want to go to England to watch football, I have followed West Ham a lot because of Carlos Tevez and the famous "Pretty Bubbles in the air", but I also want to see other stadiums.

I was doing some research and I found this information.
Racing was champion of Argentina in 1961 but it is not clear to me if he was part of the squad. Apparently yes, he began his career in Talleres (C) then in 1960 he was hired by the Racing Club, obtaining fourth place in the 1960 season, followed by the final victory in the First Division of 1961. The following season passes to Argentinos Juniors obtaining the final tenth place, identical placement obtained in 1963

View attachment 301866View attachment 301867

Last edited:
Friends, I can tell you with total security that visiting La Bombonera is a unique and incomparable show that every soccer fan should experience. "The Boca fan is crazy", phrase of the top idol Juan Román Riquelme. It seems a bit exaggerated, but I have seen the fans win games. It's possible. The team sucks on the court, it can even lose, but the strongest fan will sing. Just writing it thrills. If one day you have the possibility to visit Argentina, I will be happy to help you get to know the Temple of World Soccer. I want to go to England to watch football, I have followed West Ham a lot because of Carlos Tevez and the famous "Pretty Bubbles in the air", but I also want to see other stadiums.

You'd be very welcome in Dulwich and London. I had a great weekend in BA once. Did manage to get into the "chocolate box" through some dodgy route. I really enjoyed Racing for atmosphere and Hurican for the stadium too. Would love to go back one day.

Well just look at this thread. Apparently I'm "not really supporting the club" because I've got massive reservations about Crouch's involvement. Oh and this fans' forum is a "toxic echo chamber" too.

Last edited:
Urban75 has been a vital part of the growth of attendances at Champion Hill
I think there are many views re Crouch's role
I am still giving the Board the benefit of the doubt - because I know that Ben has the Clubs best interests at heart and remain hopeful that behind the scenes his input is helping the Club
that certainly doesn't mean that those who have a different view should be castigated as not supporting the Club

see Hamlet despite not playing today - we held on to 6th place as most teams around us drew (with the exception of Maidstone) win our two games in hand and we could in theory go top)

Back
Top Bottom