Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

If anyone has a subscription - elite players have everything tracked and in Serie A the effects seem to last for a while. Imagine similar will be experienced at non league, so someone who gets COVID might be below peak performance for some time. Gav rarely needs an excuse to go signing but he might well need to in some areas.

If anyone has a subscription - elite players have everything tracked and in Serie A the effects seem to last for a while. Imagine similar will be experienced at non league, so someone who gets COVID might be below peak performance for some time. Gav rarely needs an excuse to go signing but he might well need to in some areas.
I’d say the ability to use that as an excuse to sign players should be directly proportional to the importance of vaccination and following of covid protocols as stated by management and the coaching staff. Would be hypocritical to not do everything in your power to avoid this issue, and then use it as a justification for a signing spree.

I’d say the ability to use that as an excuse to sign players should be directly proportional to the importance of vaccination and following of covid protocols as stated by management and the coaching staff. Would be hypocritical to not do everything in your power to avoid this issue, and then use it as a justification for a signing spree.
And extending that entirety reasonable logic, only sign folk who are jabbed up and haven't had COVID IMO

And extending that entirety reasonable logic, only sign folk who are jabbed up and haven't had COVID IMO
Jabbed up yes. Not sure about the not having had it… I mean, people can get it while being as careful as possible. And while I take the “if they’ve just had it they’ll struggle a bit” point, that will come to an end, and if the idea going forward is to avoid potential outbreaks then someone who is fully jabbed and has had it has more immunity than someone who is just jabbed. (I think I read the hierarchy is 3 jabs and had it, 3 jabs, 2 jabs and had it, 2 jabs, 1 jab and had it, 1 jab, 0 jabs and had it). At least, that’s what I’m telling myself now, on day six of isolation (after three jabs).

Jabbed up yes. Not sure about the not having had it… I mean, people can get it while being as careful as possible. And while I take the “if they’ve just had it they’ll struggle a bit” point, that will come to an end, and if the idea going forward is to avoid potential outbreaks then someone who is fully jabbed and has had it has more immunity than someone who is just jabbed. (I think I read the hierarchy is 3 jabs and had it, 3 jabs, 2 jabs and had it, 2 jabs, 1 jab and had it, 1 jab, 0 jabs and had it). At least, that’s what I’m telling myself now, on day six of isolation (after three jabs).
Firstly, hope you get well soon. What I am thinking with that is if someone gets it and is likely to be sub optimal for six months, if our players are all on short term contracts you ideally want someone who will be as fit as possible. Obviously we could still sign someone, they do everything possible, and still get it though, but I hope it's something we factor in

Firstly, hope you get well soon. What I am thinking with that is if someone gets it and is likely to be sub optimal for six months, if our players are all on short term contracts you ideally want someone who will be as fit as possible. Obviously we could still sign someone, they do everything possible, and still get it though, but I hope it's something we factor in
That’s true. You’re right. The short term nature of the contract is the thing here isn’t it. Especially with the turnover under Gavin making the average stay shorter than the typical isolation period.

Whilst in football you don't want complacency, there's a few of our players I hope are on longer than 1 year deals. Gio McGregor (because someone will come in for him), Danny Mills, Charlie Grainger and Jack Holland I'd look to tie down for longer.

Good article in The Athletic on impact of injuries in non-league here, and ex-DHFC Francis Duku doing some great stuff to highlight the problem and provide a solution - archive.ph
Did some work promoting Our Game with FE when we first started working at Dulwich in 2014, found him to be a really interesting guy and he had managed to get some big names in non-league signed up with him, remember Danny Webber was one such player.

A lot of injuries are down to weak referees. How many times do we see someone booked, then continue to foul without being sent off? Or when a team takes turns to kick a player - the most egregious example I can remember was Woking against Connor Hunte, and he was never the same player.

Also, when I ran a Sunday League team, we had to have insurance for the players or you couldn't enter the league. If clubs can't afford proper cover as employers then they should be kicked out. Players needing GoFundMe pages is a disgrace

Still time to get a bid in

Did anyone on here win one of the Shelter shirts in the auction? And if so, have you received it yet?

I managed to win one but after sending the money and a couple of failed attempts to meet the person organising it for the club to hand it over at a home game (first time against Chelmsford because they couldn't make the game after all, the second time against St Albans because they didn't actually have the shirt with them), they're now ignoring the messages I'm sending to try and arrange a third attempt. Not really sure what to do...

Can’t put into words how much this match means to me both as a Dulwich Hamlet fan and a trans woman. A team composed entirely of trans female and non binary players taking on the Dulwich Hamlet women’s team in a match to raise funds for TRUK Listens providing support to the transgender community. Coming so soon after the award from Football v Homophobia it shows that Dulwich Hamlet is not just a club wears its 🏳️‍⚧️ 🏳️‍🌈 colours on its sleeves but on its heart too.

Did anyone on here win one of the Shelter shirts in the auction? And if so, have you received it yet?

I managed to win one but after sending the money and a couple of failed attempts to meet the person organising it for the club to hand it over at a home game (first time against Chelmsford because they couldn't make the game after all, the second time against St Albans because they didn't actually have the shirt with them), they're now ignoring the messages I'm sending to try and arrange a third attempt. Not really sure what to do...

I assume you got this sorted ok.

Hopefully getting it in the post this week! To be fair to the person from the club organising it, once they got back in touch they have been trying to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom