Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Can’t put into words how much this match means to me both as a Dulwich Hamlet fan and a trans woman. A team composed entirely of trans female and non binary players taking on the Dulwich Hamlet women’s team in a match to raise funds for TRUK Listens providing support to the transgender community. Coming so soon after the award from Football v Homophobia it shows that Dulwich Hamlet is not just a club wears its 🏳️‍⚧️ 🏳️‍🌈 colours on its sleeves but on its heart too.
Tickets are now available to purchase for this game. More news about the match to follow very soon…

Some absolute madness going on at Staines:

"Until absolute resolution is guaranteed, STFC will not go back to Wheatsheaf Park and play beneath the bloodied shadow of the profits of slavery, child abuse and all else."

I think someone is going to get sued for libel there...
Some absolute madness going on at Staines:

"Until absolute resolution is guaranteed, STFC will not go back to Wheatsheaf Park and play beneath the bloodied shadow of the profits of slavery, child abuse and all else."

The Hill was the architects first football commission and quickly got a bit of a reputation as not the most practical design so unlikely I suspect.

Seem to remember a few people muttering they felt the architect was influenced by the then relatively new Dorchester Town ground. Not always obvious these days but if you look at the how the ground was supposed to be finished, before the money ran out, there may be something in it

Without checking I reckon that stand predated "new" Champion Hill.
I do like the Dorchester ground even if it required Prince Charles' approval.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-04-04 at 13.18.31 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-04 at 13.18.31 (1).jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1
ICYMI - Stand up returns to Champion Hill this Thursday, a belting lineup and still only a tenner (roughly 69.6% cheaper than other local nights with similar bills) or £7 for concessions.
HAMLET COMEDY LIVE - GLENN MOORE, ATHENA KUGBLENU, KELLY CONVEY & JOSH WELLER
HAMLET COMEDY LIVE - GLENN MOORE, ATHENA KUGBLENU, KELLY CONVEY & JOSH WELLER
Buzzed!

S/T holders - check you email inbox for a message from Ben about a Fans Forum this Wednesday 27 April. Asks whether you would attend in person or via Zoom, and also invites questions / comments. Let's hope it doesn't get cancelled like that Discord thing (although they probably won't like the long list of questions that I sent in).

Do people think there might be a good case for establishing a Dulwich Hamlet Supporters Club? I was on the Supporters Trust for four years and am in eternal awe of fhe work the Trust does. But their work is increasingly consumed with the serious business of running and owning the club. It struck me at the meeting earlier in the week that there might be a space for an organisation that is more concerned with with match day experience plus away game buses and shit. Something to drive the fan culture at the club which has become a bit moribund in recent seasons.

Do people think there might be a good case for establishing a Dulwich Hamlet Supporters Club? I was on the Supporters Trust for four years and am in eternal awe of fhe work the Trust does. But their work is increasingly consumed with the serious business of running and owning the club. It struck me at the meeting earlier in the week that there might be a space for an organisation that is more concerned with with match day experience plus away game buses and shit. Something to drive the fan culture at the club which has become a bit moribund in recent seasons.

Depending on who's in charge, but yes.

Depending on who's in charge, but yes.
👍

This could be a good move if done right. It may help those who feel alienated re-engage and feel part of the club again.

Just going to say that on the basis I suspect that Trust membership amongst “the alienated” is proportionally higher than amongst the day trippers…. This feels backwards to me.

It's correct to say that a lot of the Trust's time this season has been taken up with the running of and planning the future of the club, but we have also been working with the club to improve the match day experience. If anyone thinks that they have the skills and/or the enthusiasm to help with this, the election for the Trust Board is coming up and applications are currently open. I strongly encourage anyone thinking about it to apply as I have personally found it a very rewarding experience.

As for coaches; this was put on hiatus this season due to covid restrictions but options will be reviewed in preparation for next season. Again, if anyone would like to help us plan and promote the trips, please apply!

Back
Top Bottom