Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Fairly sure they were only promoted the season before Dulwich.
Sorry, I could have worded that more clearly. They were already in the division when we arrived and consistently finished in the top half for 6 seasons before moving sideways as we moved upwards. They slipped under the radar a bit because they always seemed to be 7th-11th, except for the final season when they were 5th and we beat them in the play-offs.

Sorry, I could have worded that more clearly. They were already in the division when we arrived and consistently finished in the top half for 6 seasons before moving sideways as we moved upwards. They slipped under the radar a bit because they always seemed to be 7th-11th, except for the final season when they were 5th and we beat them in the play-offs.
I seem to recall that whilst Leiston never had a sugar daddy type, they were quite organised on the corporate sponsorship side & had a number of local businesses putting in a good few grand each year which substantially boosted their playing budget. Set up in a way that everything wouldn’t collapse if one person pulled the plug. Happy to stand corrected if I misunderstood that...

It isn't clear from the article I linked, but I read a separate article on the Braintree forum that implied the budget is going to be trimmed further and hinted that maybe they'd gambled on bringing in some FA Cup prize money before losing to a lower league side.

So that is Braintree and Eastbourne that have assumed FA Cup prize money this season and lost their managers when things went pear-shaped. I know the losers of each tie now get something but to assume any more than that is just folly.

Getting switched to a division that encompasses the Midlands rather than the South East may not have done them any favours.

I know Leiston and the other two East Anglian clubs are out on a limb anyway, but having to trudge via "A" roads every other week to Birmingham and beyond must be a joyless experience.

I seem to recall that whilst Leiston never had a sugar daddy type, they were quite organised on the corporate sponsorship side & had a number of local businesses putting in a good few grand each year which substantially boosted their playing budget. Set up in a way that everything wouldn’t collapse if one person pulled the plug. Happy to stand corrected if I misunderstood that...

Good to see you're on the mend mate :):)

Love those but if I could change one thing (also applicable to this season’s kit) is to use more solids around the badge. Because it’s mostly line work you lose the badge against the background.
It looks best on this season's second kit, where it's a pink emblem on the navy sash.

(Am I alone in thinking modern Adidas kits are quite mediocre? Most of those currently worn by Premier League clubs are very generic, and those you see at lower levels just look like off-the-peg Sunday League kits.)

I came up with this one while messing around on a customiser site a while back. Always been keen on the idea of pink socks with the home kit to give us a bit more pink in the design.

View attachment 189742
Yuck! Our colours are unique, at least anywhere above amateur level. Let's just have something smart and simple, not something with an awful squiggly pattern like an old television screen on the blink. Don't think our sponsor's logo would look great on that either.

I always think if a football shirt can't be accurately described in one simple sentence it's probably rubbish.

I do agree that our home kit should have more pink though.

Yuck! Our colours are unique, at least anywhere above amateur level. Let's just have something smart and simple, not something with an awful squiggly pattern like an old television screen on the blink. Don't think our sponsor's logo would look great on that either.

I always think if a football shirt can't be accurately described in one simple sentence it's probably rubbish.

I do agree that our home kit should have more pink though.

I love it personally - it's based on the West Germany shirt often considered the best football shirt of all time. But of course we all have our own opinions. There are a lot of very popular football shirts out there that I think are awful.

I love it personally - it's based on the West Germany shirt often considered the best football shirt of all time. But of course we all have our own opinions. There are a lot of very popular football shirts out there that I think are awful.

Wasn’t that design a graph representing their finishing positions in recent tournaments? We might need to update for dhfc? London senior cup flatline at semi final position perhaps?

I would like to see the return of pink and blue quarters personally.

It's a lovely looking shirt, but it's really a blue shirt with a small amount of pink detail, and not pink and blue.

Can't cure the PDB (Post Dipo Blues, but you knew that)

BUT

Our next Hamlet Comedy night.

Next Sunday in the bar from 7pm, we've got the brilliant Fern Brady, who's done loads of telly stuff and Sophie Duker who was nominated for best newcomer at this years Edinburgh Fringe. Plus short sets from some other cracking acts and our first ever returner, the incomparable Mark Silcox.

Plus pints are 3 quid and it's the last show until February, so if you've not been now is the perfect moment.. tickets are £8 in advance or £9 on the door, plus usual DHFC concessions apply and they are just a fiver.. Please spread the word to non-Hamlet fans who live localish and like comedy, plus if any local businesses want to put up flyers/ posters in exchange for discounted entry for their staff, am all ears..

https://www.designmynight.com/london/whats-on/comedy/dulwich-hamlet-comedy-club?t=tickets

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 3
Presumably the Bognor fans are basking in a glow of self satisfaction given their own unblemished record in this sort of situation?

Reactions: EDC
Back
Top Bottom