Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I call it...

L-R Standing

Vinnie, Stevie Childs, Dooley, Burty, Amin & Fel (?)

L-R Crouching

Jamie, Roger, Bennett, Eldridge (?), Grant, Rev

Mishi (Photo)

:hmm: That would have made me about 12 in this photo
The shirt you're wearing is from the 1994/5 season, the first season we reverted from royal blue to navy. So about 25 years ago.

*edit, sorry confused this photo with a different one someone posted on Facebook earlier where you're wearing an odd shirt from everyone else. Still think it's probably that season though.

Having thought it through I think I had my accident playing for the supporters in February 1995. If so, there's no way I'd have been playing in an end of season tournament 1994/1995 due to the state I was in. It may well have been end of season 1993/94 though.

to be fair last week I was standing in the wheelchair section with my mate and his Grandad (in a wheelchair) and we were getting dripped on, big holes in the roof in parts.

he never had food ready in that chip shop.
terrible chip shop, didn't even have a sausage in there.

I went in there a couple of weeks ago after football and he only then turned the oven on and start cutting up chips" when he should have had everything ready especially for match day.

Last edited:
While I’m not disagreeing it was a poor outfit, the impression I had was that business lived very much hand to mouth. Fella had about five kids too. Hope they have something to move onto.

A reminder it's the Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club in the clubhouse tonight, lovely line up, three quid pints all night and discounted entry if you also go to the women's game today. Tickets from here or on the door. Dulwich Hamlet Comedy Club

Attachments

• 19DH_COMEDY POSTER_NOV.jpg
    19DH_COMEDY POSTER_NOV.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 0
I can no longer tag Dulwich Hamlet when I post up Brixton Buzz content on Facebook. I've tried multiple times over the past few weeks to no avail. The only solution I can find is that the club have intentionally blocked me from doing so but that would be a really odd thing to do. Does anyone know who handles the social media stuff for the club?

I can no longer tag Dulwich Hamlet when I post up Brixton Buzz content on Facebook. I've tried multiple times over the past few weeks to no avail. The only solution I can find is that the club have intentionally blocked me from doing so but that would be a really odd thing to do. Does anyone know who handles the social media stuff for the club?
Tom Cullen is listed as "Media Manager" in the club officials list in the matchday programme.

Tom Cullen is listed as "Media Manager" in the club officials list in the matchday programme.
Be kind of nice if this forum got a mention somewhere on the official site and social media channels too, given it's easily one of the most popular forums for a non league club.

Think it's par for the course for clubs to keep unofficial forums (fora?) at arm's length these days. I wouldn't take it personally.
I'm not taking it personally at all, but I do think it might be something of a lost opportunity. And quite a few clubs do link to unofficial forums (adding a disclaimer with the link).

I'm not taking it personally at all, but I do think it might be something of a lost opportunity. And quite a few clubs do link to unofficial forums (adding a disclaimer with the link).
Really not sure they do anymore but there may be the odd exception. Not having a go at all but the forum would probably need to be sanitised a fair bit, rightly or wrongly, for it to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom