Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Really not sure they do anymore but there may be the odd exception. Not having a go at all but the forum would probably need to be sanitised a fair bit, rightly or wrongly, for it to be considered.
Unless they've all changed recently, I used to come across loads of non league clubs linking to their unofficial forums. The first one I checked just now - Maidstone's official radio channel - still does it:
Stones Live! is the official radio station of Maidstone United Football Club. » Links

Any club asking an unofficial fans' forum to 'sanitise' their content, frankly, gone a bit up their arses, IMO.

Be kind of nice if this forum got a mention somewhere on the official site and social media channels too, given it's easily one of the most popular forums for a non league club.
Assuming Tom is your man, just contact him directly or speak to him next time you're at a match. Hugo also seems to be part of the club's official media team with press release type stuff regarding playing matters. I'm sure they're both members of this forum. There may be valid reasons why they do, or don't do, certain things that aren't immediately obvious to the rest of us.

Any club asking an unofficial fans' forum to 'sanitise' their content, frankly, gone a bit up their arses, IMO.
In practise I doubt clubs do ask independent forums to sanitise their content. However some other clubs or their personnel may take offence at outspoken opinions and want to make a fuss about it, therefore it's easier for our club to brush them off if they can distance themselves from having a direct link.

Unless they've all changed recently, I used to come across loads of non league clubs linking to their unofficial forums. The first one I checked just now - Maidstone's official radio channel - still does it:
Stones Live! is the official radio station of Maidstone United Football Club. » Links

You found an exception. And yes, I believe a large number of clubs have relatively recently stopped linking, certainly in my short time.

What I'd like to see is B.I.G co-opted into the media team for the live commentaries. Jamal and Joe are ok in the conventional sense with their half-time analysis, but I feel B.I.G could add a whole new dimension as a co-commentator.

I could be like Mark Lawrenson and have contempt for the whole match, or like Chris Waddle, who would want to know why Nyren doesn't beat 9 men and then spank it in from 40 yards everytime.

I have made an appearance on the radio commentary more than enough thank you very much!

What I'd like to see is B.I.G co-opted into the media team for the live commentaries. Jamal and Joe are ok in the conventional sense with their half-time analysis, but I feel B.I.G could add a whole new dimension as a co-commentator.
But then, of course, to do that he’d have to go to a few more home games...:D

I could be like Mark Lawrenson and have contempt for the whole match, or like Chris Waddle, who would want to know why Nyren doesn't beat 9 men and then spank it in from 40 yards everytime.

I have made an appearance on the radio commentary more than enough thank you very much!

State of your Barnet you could be either

Glenn Driver has resigned at Braintree. On the face of it he seemed to be doing a good job.
A weird one. They've had a few shockers in the last few games but they're only just outside the play offs having built a squad from scratch, largely with players from lower divisions.

A weird one. They've had a few shockers in the last few games but they're only just outside the play offs having built a squad from scratch, largely with players from lower divisions.
He's cited financial constraints, claiming to have been working with the smallest budget in the division:

'There are ambitions and expectations of supporters that can't be backed by the club' - boss Glen Driver leaves Braintree

His Leiston teams always gave us a good contest and we rarely beat them until the final promotion season. They've gone into freefall and are bottom of the Southern Premier Central with a goal difference of -42.

He's cited financial constraints, claiming to have been working with the smallest budget in the division:

'There are ambitions and expectations of supporters that can't be backed by the club' - boss Glen Driver leaves Braintree

His Leiston teams always gave us a good contest and we rarely beat them until the final promotion season. They've gone into freefall and are bottom of the Southern Premier Central with a goal difference of -42.
Being where they are in the table with a squad built from scratch and (if true)the lowest budget in the league is pretty impressive. Doubt Leiston were big payers either.

Being where they are in the table with a squad built from scratch and (if true)the lowest budget in the league is pretty impressive. Doubt Leiston were big payers either.
It isn't clear from the article I linked, but I read a separate article on the Braintree forum that implied the budget is going to be trimmed further and hinted that maybe they'd gambled on bringing in some FA Cup prize money before losing to a lower league side. They've already lost four league matches by 3 or 4 goal margins, three of those in the last four matches including against Tonbridge and Hungerford, who occupied the bottom two places recently. Just for perspective Bath was the first time we've lost by more than the odd goal, even though we're 6 points below Braintree.

You never really know with clubs like Leiston. It's fairly remote but they often seemed to sign players from clubs based in and around London so I doubt they were paying peanuts. They were consistently a top ten Isthmian Premier side from before we reached that level, although they only qualified for the play-offs in our final season. Getting switched to a division that encompasses the Midlands rather than the South East may not have done them any favours.

It isn't clear from the article I linked, but I read a separate article on the Braintree forum that implied the budget is going to be trimmed further and hinted that maybe they'd gambled on bringing in some FA Cup prize money before losing to a lower league side. They've already lost four league matches by 3 or 4 goal margins, three of those in the last four matches including against Tonbridge and Hungerford, who occupied the bottom two places recently. Just for perspective Bath was the first time we've lost by more than the odd goal, even though we're 6 points below Braintree.

You never really know with clubs like Leiston. It's fairly remote but they often seemed to sign players from clubs based in and around London so I doubt they were paying peanuts. They were consistently a top ten Isthmian Premier side from before we reached that level, although they only qualified for the play-offs in our final season. Getting switched to a division that encompasses the Midlands rather than the South East may not have done them any favours.
Fairly sure they were only promoted the season before Dulwich.

Back
Top Bottom