Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

billericay-dulwich-hamlet-26.jpg

billericay-dulwich-hamlet-33.jpg

billericay-dulwich-hamlet-46.jpg

billericay-dulwich-hamlet-01.jpg

Ah Billericay away, April this year. The happiest 0-2 defeat I've ever been part of.

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/04/...als-as-dulwich-hamlet-lose-0-2-at-billericay/

According to my WSC 'Weekly Howl' there is an article in the new When Saturday Comes issue 334 - 'Dulwich Hamlet: a model club?'

Oh yes. I didnt look very hard. Why are WSC only telling me now, after its already been in the shops.

great thread, i often pop along to Crawley Down Gatwick not doing to well
this year 2 wins out of 14 in our division :( have Dulwich hamlet ever played them ? i use to
watch Dulwich play at champion hill in the mid 80`s loved my half time cup of tea, the good old days.

great thread, i often pop along to Crawley Down Gatwick not doing to well
this year 2 wins out of 14 in our division :( have Dulwich hamlet ever played them ? i use to
watch Dulwich play at champion hill in the mid 80`s loved my half time cup of tea, the good old days.
CDG won the Sussex League in 2011 and were promoted to D1S, where Hamlet played at the time. Their first home game was against the Hamlet on a Tuesday night and we hammered them 4-0. I recall some of their fans saying "I hope all the teams in this league aren't as good as that". On New Year's Eve they were the first team to take a point from Champion Hill that season in a 1-1 draw; we ultimately finished 3rd and lost the play-off final while they finished in lower mid-table.

The followng season they beat us 3-1 at home on August Bank Holiday but we beat them by the same score at Champion Hill in the penultimate mat ch of the season to set ourselves up for winning the championship by taking a point on the final day. They finished around halfway, but last season was disastrous for them and they went down after having at least three different managers and taking several very heavy beatings.

CDG won the Sussex League in 2011 and were promoted to D1S, where Hamlet played at the time. Their first home game was against the Hamlet on a Tuesday night and we hammered them 4-0. I recall some of their fans saying "I hope all the teams in this league aren't as good as that". On New Year's Eve they were the first team to take a point from Champion Hill that season in a 1-1 draw; we ultimately finished 3rd and lost the play-off final while they finished in lower mid-table.

The followng season they beat us 3-1 at home on August Bank Holiday but we beat them by the same score at Champion Hill in the penultimate mat ch of the season to set ourselves up for winning the championship by taking a point on the final day. They finished around halfway, but last season was disastrous for them and they went down after having at least three different managers and taking several very heavy beatings.

I went to the 3-1 away defeat, tripped over the dartboard mat and burnt all the skin off both knees which took weeks to heal up. I should have sued them.

I went to the 3-1 away defeat, tripped over the dartboard mat and burnt all the skin off both knees which took weeks to heal up. I should have sued them.
not a bad little club house that, often went there for a cheap pint theres not a lot
else going on in snobey crawley down

CDG are hardly setting the world on fire now, 2 wins all season bar the seniors cup

Its an exciting Friday night for me on the Ks website....

http://www.kingstonian.com/news/state-of-the-ks--mark-anders-1325068.html

Anderson: Yes, absolutely. I mean, everyone talks about Dulwich and the Brixton-based movement behind it. Football is almost secondary to some of it but it’s a fantastic dynamic. Anderson does the coaches for the team and I know the board of directors well. Many of those fans are more political…"

I wonder how many of the 1000 DHFC fans are from Brixton? I have no idea, but he almost certainly was talking about Brixton Buzz reports by Editor :)

And then later on a separate note from the inqusitor...

"Non-league clubs are a bit like dysfunctional families. Everyone’s on the same side but that doesn’t stop everyone arguing all the time…"

:thumbs:

Posters & Culture

I always thought the Charlton save The Valley campaign was excellent

(was going to post a longer piece on their campaign - but more important to get up the posters

The great thing about Dulwich is we have a lot of people with good "arty" and cultural ideas/thoughts

and I pay respect to all of you - who add to the cultural life of our club

poster designers, journalist, programme makers, flag/banner makers, pod cast production, photographers, fanzine developers , poets, scarf, badge, T shirt, sticker designers, historians, song smiths, music makers, tweeters, web designers, blog editors and posters, philosophers, sociologists and just dreamers.

All of whom have contributed in trying to turn the sterile walls of Champion Hill into a pleasure-dome - changing our environment is critically important - we no-longer stand in field surrounded by concrete walls next to Sainsburys and a car wash, but on a Tuscan hillside, where the flags and banners of war flutter in the breeze and we are serenaded by the Rabble Choir

To quote William Morris
"Fellowship is Life, lack of fellowship is death: "

or Chuck Palahnuik
“The first step - especially for young people with energy and drive and talent, but not money - the first step to controlling your world is to control your culture. To model and demonstrate the kind of world you demand to live in. To write the books. Make the music. Shoot the films. Paint the art.”

dulwich BdQDf8zIcAAEBWu.jpg charlton 6095b32570c3c28b41ee2e33c9bb9f.jpg charlton valleypartyposter.jpg charlton 9eec09a2d8b30de8969e7793418f75.jpg

Last edited:

Anderson: Yes, absolutely. I mean, everyone talks about Dulwich and the Brixton-based movement behind it. Football is almost secondary to some of it but it’s a fantastic dynamic. Anderson does the coaches for the team and I know the board of directors well. Many of those fans are more political…"

I wonder how many of the 1000 DHFC fans are from Brixton? I have no idea, but he almost certainly was talking about Brixton Buzz reports by Editor :)

"Non-league clubs are a bit like dysfunctional families. Everyone’s on the same side but that doesn’t stop everyone arguing all the time…"

BITTER I've said it before always had a massive soft spot for kingstonian cos of living there but everytime they talk about us there seems to be a sly dig... Taking away the amazing work Gavin has done at the club... Which is why the support has exploded.....
BITTER BITTER BITTER

I've got a set of the posters as postcards - the Charlton Athletic museum (which opens on 28 November) has been selling them to raise funds.

valley_party.jpg

The Valley Party ad campaign was created for free by the BMP ad agency, which had a Charlton fan high in its ranks. There's more about how it came about here. (BMP did a lot of work for Labour at the time, and also created the anti-GLC abolition ads in the mid-80s - so running a campaign against a Labour council was a big step.) One of the Valley Party's leading lights, Rick Everitt, recently republished his book about the campaign, Battle for The Valley.

They had a big effect on me - I was 15 at the time, lived about a mile from The Valley yet rarely went to watch Charlton because they were exiled in sodding South Norwood. I can still remember the first time I saw "LET'S SEND THE COUNCIL TO CROYDON AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT" on the side of a house. The whole Charlton/Valley saga left me with both a deep distrust of local politicos in Greenwich and a fascination with the murky underworld of how it all worked - both of which have stayed with me many years on...

If anybody is interested in german articles about the mighty Hamlet, here are two links for you from the last weeks. The first one is an article in the latest ballesterer - a kind of the Austrian WSC (in fact it is a commented translation of the WSC-article). The other one was published in the 93. Minute. Some Altona 93-supporter are organized as a section of the club and the 93. Minute is their newsletter/paper.

Ooh! I like the sound of a "Brixton-based movement." Not sure what that means, though.

Or Dulwich Village FC at home, at Rutland Walk sportsground in Catford, at 2.00pm. The same venue our Youth Team use for home games.

I won't be at either...I'm working, so am well pleased the Leiston game was postponed!
;)

clapton have got bari who share the old spotted dog so may pop down there as could be fun...

BUT if i cant be arsed to go north may pop a long to pecknaaam unless people fancy clapton??..

Back
Top Bottom