Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

I'd love to but...not only am I not fit, to say the least; but also my cock is far too small for streaking!
Can I nominate someone else? ;-)

It's worrying to see one of the local councillors clearly has no idea what the issue is with DHFC and the pitch, or that Hadley have plans to seriously develop it.

Here's his words. Feel free to drop him a line and ask for clarification.
Such a scheme is long overdue.
We looked at doing something with this open space in 2005 and the ward councillors were dead set against it - sports facilities for local primary schools that don't have enoguh outdoor space.
But a new public park would still be a great idea. Even better if linked to St.Francis Park.

Dulwich Hamlet do depend on letting the all weather pitch out for revenue. But equally the whole space they lease is in such a poor state that I'm personally not convinced they'll be able to upgrade it and our community shouldn't defer sorting this space out any longer.

--------------------
Regards james.barber@southwark.gov.uk
07900 227366
Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward
Skype cllrjamesbarber
[www.jamesbarber.org.uk]
[twitter.com]

I've heard rumours that The Cherry Tree is becoming a Wetherspoons... is this their Plan B in case The Fox gets its licence revoked?

I've heard rumours that The Cherry Tree is becoming a Wetherspoons... is this their Plan B in case The Fox gets its licence revoked?
Those rumours have been going round a long time....

To be honest, the way some of our fans act in the Fox later in the evening, it's embarrassing at times & no wonder the people there have a low opinion of some of our support. Shame, as it's a nice cheap pub.

I've been sent this by a good friend. First I've seen about it:

'Newsflash: Vale Residents invited to join meeting with Ivanhoe Residents Monday 20th October 7.15pm Albrighton Community Centre

, off Dog Kennel Hill

See www.se22valeresidents.org.uk or fb.me/6SySz62PK for details.'

‘The Ivanhoe Residents Association has asked if anyone from Vale Residents would like to attend their regular meeting tomorrow (20th October).

Specifically for those interested in the proposed development of Dulwich Hamlet Football Ground (specifically new flats on the current site, and a new pitch on the Greendale football ground), the Ivanhoe Residents have set up a meeting tomorrow where they are expecting councillors (South Camberwell and ED have been invited) and interested people to turn up – they’ve invited Hadley’s (the developers and owners of the Hamlet football club) to attend though not confirmed.

More generally, they would like to have a discussion on issues of common interest.

Contact: ivanhoeresidentsassociation@yahoo.co.uk if you want to know any more about it from the Ivanhoe residents or let Gavin/Ruth know if you have any questions gawainknott@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Gavin

Knott and

and Ruth

Taylor

cleardot.gif

with Apologies for short notice and to anyone who is not a Vale Resident but who appears for another reason on the mailing list.

http://www.se22valeresidents.org.uk/dulwich-hamlet-fc-development/

To be honest, the way some of our fans act in the Fox later in the evening, it's embarrassing at times & no wonder the people there have a low opinion of some of our support. Shame, as it's a nice cheap pub.
I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this when I've had a drink after a game.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this when I've had a drink after a game.
time before last I was there, the whole back garden was full of dulwich fans, who were shouting and singing very loudly all night long. You could hear it all through the pub. Not offensive as such, but you couldn't ignore it.

time before last I was there, the whole back garden was full of dulwich fans, who were shouting and singing very loudly all night long. You could hear it all through the pub. Not offensive as such, but you couldn't ignore it.

I've been there once when that's happened. It wasn't particularly clever tbh (and I'll hold up my hands to being part of it) but it doesn't happen regularly - it's certainly not enough to put the pub licence under threat.

I've been there once when that's happened. It wasn't particularly clever tbh (and I'll hold up my hands to being part of it) but it doesn't happen regularly - it's certainly not enough to put the pub licence under threat.
Exactly. I've no doubt that people have got rowdy but it's very much the exception, and one very occasionally lively evening is hardly likely to get the pub closed down.

Oh I agree - I've seen all sorts of shenanigans in the front car park which would be of much greater interest to a licensing committee.

I've been sent this by a good friend. First I've seen about it:

'Newsflash: Vale Residents invited to join meeting with Ivanhoe Residents Monday 20th October 7.15pm Albrighton Community Centre

, off Dog Kennel Hill

See www.se22valeresidents.org.uk or fb.me/6SySz62PK for details.'

‘The Ivanhoe Residents Association has asked if anyone from Vale Residents would like to attend their regular meeting tomorrow (20th October).

Specifically for those interested in the proposed development of Dulwich Hamlet Football Ground (specifically new flats on the current site, and a new pitch on the Greendale football ground), the Ivanhoe Residents have set up a meeting tomorrow where they are expecting councillors (South Camberwell and ED have been invited) and interested people to turn up – they’ve invited Hadley’s (the developers and owners of the Hamlet football club) to attend though not confirmed.

More generally, they would like to have a discussion on issues of common interest.

Contact: ivanhoeresidentsassociation@yahoo.co.uk if you want to know any more about it from the Ivanhoe residents or let Gavin/Ruth know if you have any questions gawainknott@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Gavin

Knott and

and Ruth

Taylor

cleardot.gif

with Apologies for short notice and to anyone who is not a Vale Resident but who appears for another reason on the mailing list.

http://www.se22valeresidents.org.uk/dulwich-hamlet-fc-development/

Did anyone go? I wasn't able to unfortunately.

Given how much our support was appreciated by the Ritzy workers, here's another local issue that could use our support.

save-cressingham-protest-march-05.jpg

I reckon it would be great if we could get behind this struggle - they're marching every Saturday at midday to save their homes. Anyone fancy joining them? Or any flagmakers want to rustle up something?

Background and petition link here:
Yesterday, campaigners fighting to save Cressingham Gardens from possible demolition took their fight to Lambeth Town Hall for the second week in a row.

The march assembled outside the estate and made its way down to the Town Hall, where protesters noisily expressed their opposition to the council’s plans.

Instead of repairing the estate, Lambeth Council is currently considering the partial/full demolition and rebuild of Cressingham Gardens.

To fund the subsequent demolition and rebuild, they have proposed building extra new flats and homes on the estate, which will then be sold off to raise cash for the council.

I just started to read "Taking Our Ball Back", which was a present from a friend based in Northern England, because there's at least one chapter about DHFC in it. I understood, that some of the urbaneers are acknowledged in the book and wondered, if it was a topic on here?

If I got it right the author had written about DHFC in this zine before. Does anybody know it? Is it worth a buy?

I don't think we ever talked about it, did we? TiDP got acknowledged and recommended, just in time for Vornstyle and I to decide that we'd run out of things to say on the subject and toy with the possibility of making a podcast about cooking instead (not actually/ not entirely a joke). The chapter about Dulwich is very good - really precise on the history of the club as a space of noncomformism and even popular dissent.

Back
Top Bottom