Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

For those still wearing masks of any sort, what would be the thing or event that would make you not wear it anymore? Is it time based, while they can still be bought, caught covid anyway, or some kind of data based decision? Just curious and not judging.

Oh well that's fine then, crack on calling people retards if they're being willfully stupid
I think "retard" long ago lost its literal meaning - see also "moron" and "cretin".
And yes I think I noticed a recent thread but tl:dr.
I've become used to it via "creatard" "religitard", "trumptard" and "covitard"...
I suppose there might be people with a congenital brain issue who are also covitards, but "retard" is surely only a medical condition / possible bigotry in the USA ?

Last edited:
For those still wearing masks of any sort, what would be the thing or event that would make you not wear it anymore? Is it time based, while they can still be bought, caught covid anyway, or some kind of data based decision? Just curious and not judging.
I'm struggling to imagine a time now. I won't even use the bathroom at my sister's house and only meet them in the garden.
Covid taught me that catching flu pretty well every year at work had not been a good thing - in my last two years there I got it full-on to the extent that I was off work for weeks ...
I suppose vaccine tech would have to be even more amazing than the covid ones - and super-responsive to all similar new viruses ...

Just received these text is it genuine ? NHS-UK: You've been exposed to someone with Omicron variant BA.5. PIease order a PCR test via: uk-health-department.com can’t see how it’s possible unless I can catch it off Dexter

Attachments

• EFA4CA6E-BD3D-40A5-BAE8-442F4B6E5FCF.jpeg
    EFA4CA6E-BD3D-40A5-BAE8-442F4B6E5FCF.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 14
.Just received these text is it genuine ? NHS-UK: You've been exposed to someone with Omicron variant BA.5. PIease order a PCR test via: uk-health-department.com can’t see how it’s possible unless I can catch it off Dexter

It's a scam. Do not follow the link. Lots of people have been stung this way.

I don't think NHS are sending any texts like this out any more. Certainly when I called track and tracing as I needed help reading the LFT indicator, they were not interested in knowing my contacts and *I wouldnt' have given them anyway.

* I told people myself

90 mins in a glasshouse with 2 windows open and a door.

Person A is there a day before their covid symptoms kick in and they are also unvaccinated.

The other person, person B, is fully vaxxed.

What is the likelihood of person B getting covid and how long before symptoms will show?

90 mins in a glasshouse with 2 windows open and a door.

Person A is there a day before their covid symptoms kick in and they are also unvaccinated.

The other person, person B, is fully vaxxed.

What is the likelihood of person B getting covid and how long before symptoms will show?

‘Lean-to’ or ‘even span’ glasshouse?

A substantial reduction in the risk of infection. Not entirely surprisingly.
This.
There are a few other scenarios where I’d ditch masks; eg if we had sterilising vaccines and I was offered it.

I didn’t imagine I’d be wearing them this long and this consistently. Somehow although on one level I knew the pandemic might rage on for a number of years that didn’t map across to the types of mitigations / protections I’d need to continue with.

I don’t think I’ll change my approach for public transport, shops, libraries, health care etc. until background infection levels are right down, but for some stuff eg training courses I think it the ventilation was good, the air quality was monitored and displayed, everyone attending was doing regular rapid antigen tests, everyone present who could have one had taken vaccines for covid….that’s a fair old list of provisos but if they were met I might be up for sitting in a room bare faced.

Last edited:
This was why I was asking how many days after ose contact can a person turn out to be positive.

I was under the impression it was around 5 to about 13 days with it usually being pretty certain after about 8 days, but that may well have changed with the new variant.
Someone here will know. :)

I think "retard" long ago lost its literal meaning - see also "moron" and "cretin".
And yes I think I noticed a recent thread but tl:dr.
I've become used to it via "creatard" "religitard", "trumptard" and "covitard"...
I suppose there might be people with a congenital brain issue who are also covitards, but "retard" is surely only a medical condition / possible bigotry in the USA ?
Wow. I'd thought better of you.

People I know personally in Edinburgh who have tested positive since the 21st of August:

My two sons
Their dad
Their grandpa
My eldest brother's girlfriend
A friend of said brother and girlfriend's
A long-term good customer at my work
His daughter

Combination of the schools being back (they went back on the 17th) and the Festival being on properly for the first time since 2019.

Apparently my brother didn’t take any of the vaccines he was offered for covid. Found out via my mum, I’m not in touch with him. She didn’t want to go there to even find out what his logic was, I think she feels she’s treading on eggshells with him a bit anyway so wants to preserve things being amicable and semi functional at the moment.

All we got to go on was he said it was a choice and he made one, and he’d done his own research about it. Apparently. That’s all my mum knew.
Fuck knows which variety of rabbit hole he went down.

Meh.

Apparently my brother didn’t take any of the vaccines he was offered for covid. Found out via my mum, I’m not in touch with him. She didn’t want to go there to even find out what his logic was, I think she feels she’s treading on eggshells with him a bit anyway so wants to preserve things being amicable and semi functional at the moment.

All we got to go on was he said it was a choice and he made one, and he’d done his own research about it. Apparently. That’s all my mum knew.
Fuck knows which variety of rabbit hole he went down.

Meh.

Oh god my brother is the same. Except I've unfortunately heard about his rabbit hole in great detail.

Back
Top Bottom