Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

One paper dosen't mean much - especially at the moment, but some suggestion that SARSCV2 may have a sneaky trick up its sleeve.

If true, that should leave the antivaxers conflicted.

More on that in the 20 Dec edition of this podcast

Which also breaks down the scary stats around the deaths of young people from Covid

They did a QA on covid last night, listening to it now while I'm at work.

Adam Kucharski is good to follow on Twitter too, he doesn't agree with them on the variant stuff but it's good to get all points of view.

In the Bradley household, 4 of the 5 of us now have zero reason to leave the house for the duration of lockdown. Unfortunately, #5 has two jobs - in a school, where they're not allowed to wear masks in the classroom :mad:, and in a shop where they're not doing anything to discourage casual browsing/non-essential shopping. :mad:

How infectious is someone recovering from covid if they still have a slight cough after 2 weeks?

Asking for a friend.

In the Bradley household, 4 of the 5 of us now have zero reason to leave the house for the duration of lockdown. Unfortunately, #5 has two jobs - in a school, where they're not allowed to wear masks in the classroom :mad:, and in a shop where they're not doing anything to discourage casual browsing/non-essential shopping. :mad:

Why are they not allowed wear masks in school? 😳

No idea - leadership diktat, apparently. They're all in 'bubbles' so presumably the idea is that any outbreak is confined to a small number of staff/pupils, but why they wouldn't permit staff to wear masks is beyond me.

All staff and pupils wear masks in the school I work in.
Cant understand why they would actually stop someone.
So what would the school do if your #5 just arrived and wore a mask? What could they actually do?

you may need to clarify - sounds to me like you think they weren't really ill at all, possibly because coronavirus doesn't actually exist

Back
Top Bottom