Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

Anyone keeping a casual eye on aviation news will be aware of numerous new ventures over the decades promising all kind of next generation supersonic or even hypersonic aircraft we’re supposed to see within our lifetime. Which invariably fade into nothingness as quickly as they had risen.

But I’m starting to get the feeling Boom Supersonic is a serious venture, and one that increasingly looks might happen. Not necessarily succeed long term, but become a reality. They must at least be viable; you’d never see blue chip airlines like American Airlines placing orders for nonsensical paper airplanes. And they seem to be progressing nicely with their program

Whereas not as fast or awe-inspiring as Concorde, it’d be great to see supersonic commercial aircraft flying again. What do our resident pilots/ industry buffs think of its chances?

IMG_6175.jpeg

Pretty sure the airlines that have expressed an interest haven't actually opened their wallets yet, but yeah, this does seem to be more of a thing than anything we've seen since Concorde.

XPENG AEROHT Modular Flying Car's Air Module Type Certificate Application Accepted​

We haven't had a quiz for while...

Nicked from the British Airways monthly newsletter. How many terms in bold do you know the meaning of? To my shame, I managed four only :(

pilot talk.jpg

For the answers, find the quiz on the BA page here (towards the bottom of the article), and click on the box to reveal them:

We haven't had a quiz for while...

Nicked from the British Airways monthly newsletter. How many terms in bold do you know the meaning of? To my shame, I managed four only :(

View attachment 439176

For the answers, find the quiz on the BA page here (towards the bottom of the article), and click on the box to reveal them:
I got 7
WX NOTAM ETOPS AC ATIS HF ILS

Some shots from West London Aero club's annual members day, (I was a guest, not a member). No joyride this year for me and the display was down on last year as I think they had their display ceiling lowered because a naughty Seafire pilot may have breached Heathrow airspace last year...but still a good day out. Some really nice cars in the car display as well.

Those Tiger Moths were holding it together well considering the gusts of 30mph.

IMG_5322.jpegDSC_9258.jpegDSC_9272.jpegDSC_9283.jpegDSC_9301.jpegDSC_9300.jpegDSC_9321.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom