Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

I’ve seen the concept in lots of books talking about it as a hypothetical solution to drag on wing tips. But I have absolutely no idea...

8CE3EC4E-B618-47CB-9B1A-707A4005791D.jpeg

(That apparently bolted on massive rudder speaks of good Eastern European engineering solutions too.)

How is fire and rehire even legal? BA’s parent company IAG is based in Spain where that is illegal, they also own Aer Lingus, an Irish carrier, also illegal in Ireland.

You can’t be fired for refusing to accept a wage cut, you can’t be made redundant if the same post is offered back to you. So how are BA threatening to do this?

The scummy cunts.

:thumbs:

First place I saw them in action was off the coast at Toulon. Mlle. Fire is from there.

They are so fucking cool. I wanted to be a pilot but am short sighted so that was a non starter in late 80s Ireland.

they (seem to, am not a pilot would be interested to hear from actual pilots) offer the perfect balance between size, manoeuvrability, precision and doing a bombing run without blowing anyone up! Which is a bonus. Obvs.

Not that the Irish Air Corps would have done anything so uncivilised (even if they could).

:thumbs:

First place I saw them in action was off the coast at Toulon. Mlle. Fire is from there.

They are so fucking cool. I wanted to be a pilot but am short sighted so that was a non starter in late 80s Ireland.

they (seem to, am not a pilot would be interested to hear from actual pilots) offer the perfect balance between size, manoeuvrability, precision and doing a bombing run without blowing anyone up! Which is a bonus. Obvs.

Not that the Irish Air Corps would have done anything so uncivilised (even if they could).

Canadair are out of the water bomber business now. They sold the CL-215/CL-415 design to Viking. All seaplanes tend to be very heavy on the controls, quite unresponsive in pitch and very unresponsive in yaw (hence the proliferation of vertical stab surfaces nailed on to it). I was recently reading about the Spanish Air Force's CL-215 fleet. They only send very experienced multi engine crews to the water bomber fleet for safety reasons.

On the whole fire fighting is (by far) the most dangerous and worst paid job in civil aviation. For years in the US it was regulated by the Forestry Service rather than the CAA which has led to a rather relaxed safety culture.

Canadair are out of the water bomber business now. They sold the CL-215/CL-415 design to Viking. All seaplanes tend to be very heavy on the controls, quite unresponsive in pitch and very unresponsive in yaw (hence the proliferation of vertical stab surfaces nailed on to it). I was recently reading about the Spanish Air Force's CL-215 fleet. They only send very experienced multi engine crews to the water bomber fleet for safety reasons.

On the whole fire fighting is (by far) the most dangerous and worst paid job in civil aviation. For years in the US it was regulated by the Forestry Service rather than the CAA which has led to a rather relaxed safety culture.

Sounds like I may need to add to my 9 hours in a Cessna before I achieve my dreams then... :hmm:

Lower wing skin failing on a C-130A tanker in California. No thanks.

airtankerbreakup.jpg

Just been told the Antanov has a crew of 22 who arrive at the hotel, stay up all night drinking and smoking before flying out next morning :facepalm: :thumbs:
Overheard people over breakfast discussing closure of airport terminals at Manchester and Heathrow. No surprises, I guess

Back
Top Bottom